Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u r in need of a car for the sole purposes of going to work and back and the grocery store, THATS ALL ........... do u go and buy a benz ? no. do u go and buy a bmw ? no. U go and get a car that is just good enuff to get u to work and back and to the store and backsimple as that. that car should also be gotten at just the right price too, or maybe even less than that

IN PAT RILEY I TRUST

but you dont go out and get a car with flat tires

if u r in need of a car for the sole purposes of going to work and back and the grocery store, THATS ALL ........... do u go and buy a benz ? no. do u go and buy a bmw ? no. U go and get a car that is just good enuff to get u to work and back and to the store and backsimple as that. that car should also be gotten at just the right price too, or maybe even less than that

IN PAT RILEY I TRUST

but you dont go out and get a car with flat tires
If you could get it for next to nothing and have 13 other functional cars including 1 of the best ever, making the importance of this one working close to nil, you would.

So Oden, who will play less than 10mpg, is the Hibbert stopper now?

This is in whom you place your faith?

091205_oden_knee_injury2.jpg

aSGGIwE.gif

I think hell be okay. Don't think he'll be playing major minutes and he might even not play every game. The reason Roy killed the Heat was because of his size. Pretty sure Heat will try to let Greg coast or something till the playoffs so he can at least bolster up the paint lol. If it doesnt work out and he gets hurt again then that was the risk. But he was only given like 2 mill.
Oden hasn't shown the ability to sustain any type of play in the NBA. He will do nothing against Indiana's frontline, kind of like how a more healthy and experienced Joel Anthony did nothing against them.

I'm not saying this is a bad signing, but expecting him to have any net positive effect on an NBA team when he 1) hasn't played since Erik Spoelstra was a videographer and 2) has the mental stability/confidence level of a battered woman is just plain wishful thinking.

The Heat have had major problems with Indiana's frontline, and going into this season we can safely predict that this will continue to be the case.

even though bynum has had his share of injuries (no hiding that), he still has a lot of games under his belt, playoff experience, as well as finals experience. he's someone who has proved that he can take over, dominate the paint, & be one of the best centers in the league. with oden, its different because he's only played 82 games in his career & the amount of surgeries done on his knees, plus all the time off (playing his last game in 2009) is all part of the risk. however, with all that being said, IF oden can stay healthy (which again, is the big risk), i think he can do a good enough job for miami with some decent minutes to defend & rebound off the bench, especially when miami has had problems with getting worked by centers. the timing & confidence will need to come back for oden after having this much time away from the court off, but who knows what he's done to work on his game in that time... & the rest could really be beneficial to him & his knees. at the end of the day, miami paid him the vets minimum with a player option for the 2nd year... its not like they're banking on him to resurrect the team :lol: like i said, if he can come off the bench, play some solid minutes, defend & rebound, he will be worth the price miami paid & can help one of their biggest weaknesses. i still think it was a good move on their part because they didn't risk much on him & there is potential for upside.

So Oden, who will play less than 10mpg, is the Hibbert stopper now?

This is in whom you place your faith?

091205_oden_knee_injury2.jpg

aSGGIwE.gif

I think hell be okay. Don't think he'll be playing major minutes and he might even not play every game. The reason Roy killed the Heat was because of his size. Pretty sure Heat will try to let Greg coast or something till the playoffs so he can at least bolster up the paint lol. If it doesnt work out and he gets hurt again then that was the risk. But he was only given like 2 mill.
Oden hasn't shown the ability to sustain any type of play in the NBA. He will do nothing against Indiana's frontline, kind of like how a more healthy and experienced Joel Anthony did nothing against them.

I'm not saying this is a bad signing, but expecting him to have any net positive effect on an NBA team when he 1) hasn't played since Erik Spoelstra was a videographer and 2) has the mental stability/confidence level of a battered woman is just plain wishful thinking.

The Heat have had major problems with Indiana's frontline, and going into this season we can safely predict that this will continue to be the case.
Hibbert+West+Scola+Granger+Mahimi = feast 
devil.gif

Bout to play some devil's advocate right now...

Why is John Wall worth so much more than Brandon Jennings right now?

Bout to play some devil's advocate right now...

Why is John Wall worth so much more than Brandon Jennings right now?
Here we go again..

What makes Bosh worth the same as Lebron? What makes Kobe worth as much as Michael Jordan in the '90s?

What makes Gilbert Arenas worth more than Chris Paul???

These questions need to be answered, people.

Last edited:
Here we go again..

What makes Bosh worth the same as Lebron?

Huh? :lol: One is Lebron...One is...Bosh? Man I legit have no idea what you were trying to prove lol

John Wall just got maxed out for a half a season in which he hasn't even played 70 games, nor came close to a playoff appearance. Jennings, for all his faults, has been to the playoffs twice, albeit in the eastern conference. Statistically, Wall is better but not by a whole lot, and he's injury prone.

To which I ask, why is Wall valued higher than Jennings? (I'm a wall fan by the way)

Here we go again..

What makes Bosh worth the same as Lebron?

Huh? :lol: One is Lebron...One is...Bosh? Man I legit have no idea what you were trying to prove lol

John Wall just got maxed out for a half a season in which he hasn't even played 70 games, nor came close to a playoff appearance. Jennings, for all his faults, has been to the playoffs twice, albeit in the eastern conference. Statistically, Wall is better but not by a whole lot, and he's injury prone.

To which I ask, why is Wall valued higher than Jennings? (I'm a wall fan by the way)

Wall is that good and has great potential

Jennings is that bad and doesn't appear to be getting any better

is this a joke?

Nope. If Wall is that much better than Jennings, prove it. Mind you Wall just got maxed out for 88M's, has been extremely injury prone, and hasn't come close to the Playoffs in his tenure with Washington.

Jennings for all his faults, has at least had his team semi-competitive and into the playoffs twice. Numbers wise, Wall has him but not by much, and at least he's on the floor.

One just got 24 M's, the other got 88M's. I'm just saying...

John Wall is more athletic, explosive. Better defender, rebounder, and passer.

Brandon Jennings' only advantage on Wall is his jump shot.

John Wall is more athletic, explosive. Better defender, rebounder, and passer.

Brandon Jennings' only advantage on Wall is his jump shot.

For what it's worth, I agree with all of this and think that Wall's jumpshot is better.

However, what do you have to show for this? A bunch of empty stats that amount to 12 and 13 seeds in the conference? As oppose to Jennings, who's at least on the floor and putting his team in striking distance for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom