Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is set in stone and nobody used the words, scrub, bum , or tried to write him off. Usually 3 yrs is enough to get a pretty good idea of the player youre dealing with, i think Wall is a good player at this point and thats it.

Hes not on the superstar level or a great player despite what NT wants, funny thing is i remember showing my boys his youtube HS clips saying omg he gonna be a problem. But he just hasnt made the jump yet so long are we going to wait ? 3 more mediocre years like hes only 25 give him time.
What is your response to this?

http://bkref.com/tiny/W7Noh

damn, do the players like these sleeved jerseys? :nerd:
I feel like they're just lying if they do.. joints look horrible. Supposedly the league is forcing 20 teams to try them out next year

The warriors said they didn't like them

so did they tell the NBA and Adidas this? it makes no sense to keep bringing it on when the freakin team who wore them a handful of times didnt like them.

Things could get interesting at the trade deadline come Feb.

Boston Globe: Just because the Pistons acquired Brandon Jennings in a sign-and-trade deal with the Bucks doesn't mean they've lost interest in Rajon Rondo. In fact, they could eventually use Jennings as a trade chip and seek to acquire Rondo. There are going to be several interested parties in Rondo, and that number could increase when he shows he’s fully recovered from anterior cruciate ligament surgery . .

dont care and dont buy it

ROndo isnt good for the Pistons since he cant shoot or score.

Jennings is kinda what they need if he can learn to control himself. If the Pistons had shooters then Rondo would be a perfect fit but we have everything BUT shooters :lol:
Legit, if Detroit had someone like Iggy that could run the offense at times, yous would be money with BJ at the point. He's not a number one option but he can score. He just needs to be paired with someone that can run the offense and let him play off the ball at times.

Kyrie's not a better distributor or leader than Wall. Scorer, I could give you that for now.
I would disagree and also say that the stats are a little misleading on the assist numbers. If we're talking pure point guard and quarterback I would choose Kyrie every time. His instincts at the position is what separates him, I expect him to showcase his ability to distribute much more this year now that he has a few more weapons.

Iggy is more versatile and a natural SF. Josh Smith is not a 3, playing out of position on the perimeter is a potential disaster. It's begging him to chuck 3's.

Nothing is set in stone and nobody used the words, scrub, bum , or tried to write him off. Usually 3 yrs is enough to get a pretty good idea of the player youre dealing with, i think Wall is a good player at this point and thats it.

Hes not on the superstar level or a great player despite what NT wants, funny thing is i remember showing my boys his youtube HS clips saying omg he gonna be a problem. But he just hasnt made the jump yet so long are we going to wait ? 3 more mediocre years like hes only 25 give him time.
What is your response to this?

http://bkref.com/tiny/W7Noh

That stat kinda proves my point that hes not elite in the league right now, all the big dogs are above him on that list. And im not big on stats limited to certain age groups, seems too specific in comparison.

Please reread my OG post i didnt downgrade dude or even criticize him, i just dont think hes on par with the obvious elite vets..thats it.

By posting that link are u saying that hes top tier, on his way , or been top tier but people just sleeping on him ? srs question

Iggy is more versatile and a natural SF. Josh Smith is not a 3, playing out of position on the perimeter is a potential disaster. It's begging him to chuck 3's.
Oh no doubt Iggy is a legit SF as opposed to Smith trying to play the 3. However on Detroit I really think either one isn't a great fit with Drummond and Monroe because neither Iggy nor Smith can shoot.

Wall's not top tier yet. He's on that second level with Kyrie, Jrue and Steph.

The lack of perimeter shooting in Detroit hurts. I like Iggy more for them because they've always had these undersized combo guards and Iggy lets you mask some of those inefficiencies at times.

Last edited:
I don't care what stats or quotes you wanna show me...John Wall is the prototypical AAU-type point guard, and that's not a complement. That style of play is never going to win you games in the NBA.

I'd like to know...if the Wizards team this year stays pretty much fully healthy and they still go out and only win like 33 games this season will all of you still be praising Wall like this? The Bucks made the playoffs with 38 wins last year but I think the Cavs, Raptors and Pistons have potential to all win more games than that this year. The Bobcats and Magic have also improved. I really don't see the Wizards and Wall making as big a jump as you guys wanna make yourselves believe they will. I mean their only offseason additions were rookie Otto Porter and backup point guard Eric Maynor. That roster is still looking pretty ugly...

Wall's not top tier yet. He's on that second level with Kyrie, Jrue and Steph.

The lack of perimeter shooting in Detroit hurts. I like Iggy more for them because they've always had these undersized combo guards and Iggy lets you mask some of those inefficiencies at times.
Definitely agree with you on the tier. I think Kyrie and Steph though are clearly the ones with the best opportunity to make the next step.

Steph's a treat to watch.

I'm a big Jrue Holiday fan so I'm looking forward to his progress this season. He's talented enough to eventually be top 5 at his position.

Last edited:
wall is nice thats its, he gets too much credit for being as athletic as rose and westbrook so that means he on pace no. The bad team thing is no excuse a lot of young stars did more with just as bad talent.

Yall gassed off half a season, Wall not even better than Lillard at this point and yall speaking of kyrie rose and westbrook please stop. Flash doesn't equal great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom