Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys could play 82 home games and 10 wins may still not be within reach.

Pistons stunted their growth with those stupid moves. 6th-11th seed for the next 4 years.

SRS

Man the Pistons were bad. At least they now put a quality product on the floor night in, night out. Plus, it's always a gamble to build with just young players. Who's to say that that talent would have materialized anyway?

Pistons got 4 national games, meh. thought this team would score a few more. 2 on ESPN and 2 on NBATV

glad they open the season against the Wizards tho, get to see Wall play :pimp:

1-0 tho

I think the Pistons did the right thing. Atleast they brought in reputable players with a bunch of playoff experience so they expect to win right now. I don't think it's a good thing to try and develop your young guys on a crappy team for their first few years in the league. That wears on you bad.

The tables have turned horribly for la and Boston. Both teams should just travel abroad/take the season off.

Can't wait to see my dude drose :pimp:

Adam Silver takin' a risk with that Clippers Vs Lakers on opening night. That whole social media and rating is contingent on Kobe returning.

:lol: exactly

It's like they want to add more pressure for Kobe to return for the LA showdown

I'd still take my time if I were him though

laugh.gif
exactly

It's like they want to add more pressure for Kobe to return for the LA showdown

I'd still take my time if I were him though
i would too, but kobe is the anti drose

Based on the off-season moves. This is what I think the standings might be.
West
1.Spurs-added belineli, expect growth in cohesiveness and khawii Leonard,Dan Green.Big 3 got 2-3 years left without inj
2.Clips-Doc will coach the big boys. B.G legit mvp candidate. Nice bench
3.Okc- Bench will be weaker this year. KD needs to bulk up. (Tayshaun Prince shouldnt out muscle you) W.Brook return
4.Mem- Expect Z bo and Marc to b in better shape this year. Conley to flourish. Need to improve pick and roll defense.
5.G.s- Iggy good addition. Deep squad. Very athletic wings. D lee,Bogut down low and Iggy to sure up perimeter defense
6.Hou- D12 good addition. Need J, Lin to control tempo. going to need a PF to spread the floor. James Harden FG per.
7.L.A- Slept on off season.KB returns opening night. expect resurgence from Steve.Pau bounces back after torn Fibula
8.Dal- Would put higher but bench weak. Quietly put a intriguing starting 5 together. surrounding Dirk. Monta
9.N.o- Evolution of A.D. Jrue holiday. Expect Eric Gordan to bounce back fully after injury. Tyreke . no playoffs

East
1.Nets-best starting 5. Resurgence from D.Will. OK bench. J kidd will surprise NBA with strategies. Good assistance
2.Mia- Still Favorites. Health will determine future. Wade will have a great year. We will see about Oden
3.Nyk- In need of healthy season. Expect better chemistry and improvement in shot selection. good addition with A.Barg
4.Chi- D rose will return. Will have top 5 defense. Needs to sure up bench
5.Ind- D Granger will mess up this team. Trade for Rondo. Expect improvement from playoff core
6.Det- New additions B.Jennings and Josh Smith. Career year for Greg Monroe. Nice bench. Billups leadership on/off court
7.Cle- Improvment from irving as pg with bynum, if healthy, nice young core. nice back up pg in jarret jack
8.Atl- Al Horford, Milsap nice front court. expect resurgence from lou williams off bench with Jeff teague running the show
9.Was- Healthy year for J.Wall. Brad beal and. Nene not enough. well see about otto Need center

Last edited:
West
1.Spurs
2.Clips
3.Okc
4.Mem
5.G.s
6.Hou
7.L.A
8.Dal
9.N.o

East
1.Nets
2.Mia
3.Nyk
4.Chi
5.Ind
6.Det
7.Cle
8.Was
9.Cha

Teams I think will fall off next year
Celtics- what will rondo do?
Hawks- I like milsap and al horf
Nuggets- no G Karl and they lost iggy.
Milwaukee- O.J is gonna try and average 30
Jazz- Bad move letting milsap and jefferson go

If the Lakers somehow manage to win that game, I can't wait to see/hear the overreactions on this board and in general.

:stoneface:

NO laker win will compare to the crap the lakers will get in this thread after every loss.

so it can be said the same thing if the clippers go out and bash the lakers

you should know lakers get it the worst in here when it comes to heckling

That's messed up they gave us the easiest traveling schedule in the league. I don't want any possibility of us winning more than 10 games.
I'm pretty sure the miles turn out like this every year given cities in the Midwest and East Coast are so bunched together while the West Coast teams are spread further apart.

That's messed up they gave us the easiest traveling schedule in the league. I don't want any possibility of us winning more than 10 games.
I'm pretty sure the miles turn out like this every year given cities in the Midwest and East Coast are so bunched together while the West Coast teams are spread further apart.
Basically. I would always expect to see the Atlantic teams close to the bottom of the list. They can take trains to play their division rivals if they really wanted to, except for the Raptors of course.

West
1.Spurs-added belineli, expect growth in cohesiveness and khawii Leonard,Dan Green.Big 3 got 2-3 years left without inj
2.Clips-Doc will coach the big boys. B.G legit mvp candidate. Nice bench
3.Okc- Bench will be weaker this year. KD needs to bulk up. (Tayshaun Prince shouldnt out muscle you) W.Brook return
4.Mem- Expect Z bo and Marc to b in better shape this year. Conley to flourish. Need to improve pick and roll defense.
5.G.s- Iggy good addition. Deep squad. Very athletic wings. D lee,Bogut down low and Iggy to sure up perimeter defense
6.Hou- D12 good addition. Need J, Lin to control tempo. going to need a PF to spread the floor. James Harden FG per.
7.L.A- Slept on off season.KB returns opening night. expect resurgence from Steve.Pau bounces back after torn Fibula
8.Dal- Would put higher but bench weak. Quietly put a intriguing starting 5 together. surrounding Dirk. Monta
9.N.o- Evolution of A.D. Jrue holiday. Expect Eric Gordan to bounce back fully after injury. Tyreke . no playoffs

East
1.Nets-best starting 5. Resurgence from D.Will. OK bench. J kidd will surprise NBA with strategies. Good assistance
2.Mia- Still Favorites. Health will determine future. Wade will have a great year. We will see about Oden
3.Nyk- In need of healthy season. Expect better chemistry and improvement in shot selection. good addition with A.Barg
4.Chi- D rose will return. Will have top 5 defense. Needs to sure up bench
5.Ind- D Granger will mess up this team. Trade for Rondo. Expect improvement from playoff core
6.Det- New additions B.Jennings and Josh Smith. Career year for Greg Monroe. Nice bench. Billups leadership on/off court
7.Cle- Improvment from irving as pg with bynum, if healthy, nice young core. nice back up pg in jarret jack
8.Atl- Al Horford, Milsap nice front court. expect resurgence from lou williams off bench with Jeff teague running the show
9.Was- Healthy year for J.Wall. Brad beal and. Nene not enough. well see about otto Need center
LOL stop thinking please. Indianna will have Granger back, they will be better than the Nets(old team) and Cleveland will NOT make the playoffs over the Wizards.

The Cavs are insanely better than the Wizards if healthy, it's not even a question.

Again, I want all of you claiming the Wizards will make the playoffs to actually take a look at their roster for yourself. It might seriously be the worst in the league. Nene, Okafor and Ariza's games have fell off a cliff since the last time most of you saw them play meaningful games. It's kind of hilarious that people are hype off them because they played .500 ball for half a season :lol:

better than trying to ride kyrie jock all the way to the playoffs.  outside of him (and bynum if he shows up) how r they cavs insanely better?

Last edited:
The Cavs are insanely better than the Wizards if healthy, it's not even a question.

Again, I want all of you claiming the Wizards will make the playoffs to actually take a look at their roster for yourself. It might seriously be the worst in the league. Nene, Okafor and Ariza's games have fell off a cliff since the last time most of you saw them play meaningful games. It's kind of hilarious that people are hype off them because they played .500 ball for half a season
laugh.gif
but you're hype off of the Cavs who ended up with the #1 overall pick, and didnt play .500 ball for any of the season.

sounds legit

^^^ I never saw him play before he got to the pros, so I still have a hard time believing how good/hyped Telfair was in high school. He's just so average in the NBA, maybe even below average. But at least he's sticking around the league, I guess.

Old heads, especially from the West Coast, might remember Schea Cotton. He was crazy hyped up - at least by 1990s, pre-Internet standards - and I don't think he ever even ended up playing in the NBA.

Yeah Schea was Lebron before there was a Lebron, hype wise. Used to hoop with his brother.

Bullock looks ready to work in his picture. I'm optimistic about him. He might not get a lot of time next season, but I think he's going to end up being a good pick by the Clippers.

I think he'll get time if he's productive. Doc isn't afraid to play rookies that are producing.

Adam Silver takin' a risk with that Clippers Vs Lakers on opening night. That whole social media and rating is contingent on Kobe returning.

Bruh. No. It's still the Lakers.
And it's opening night. No way ratings suffer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom