Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, I definitely trust Ainge, he's shown to be quite competent in his position and he just knows basketball. He already made a great choice in the draft getting Olynyk and a great coaching choice in Stevens. I wonder if he'll move Rondo before the deadline and really start from scratch.

Simmons hair going to turn Phil Jackson white by Jan without a doubt :lol: I expect him to research this draft super heavy just off the strength of the Celtics being in the mix

Sixers hired Brett Brown as their coach, and I don't know how many times people have to be told that the Celtics will not be a bad team with Rondo, Bradley and Jeff Green healthy. Especially in the East. They'll compete for a playoff spot guaranteed.

Pick volume doesn't mean that much in the NBA- it's all about pick quality.

Normally that's absolutely true, but if this draft is really as loaded as everyone seems to think it is, pick volume could be helpful too.

I don't know how many times people have to be told that the Celtics will not be a bad team with Rondo, Bradley and Jeff Green healthy. Especially in the East. They'll compete for a playoff spot guaranteed.
The Celtics' defensive rating with KG on the court last year was 99.3. With him off the court it was 108.3. You guys are gonna realize just how valuable KG still is defensively even now at 37 years old when the Celtics have a porous defense this season.

And their offense has been below average for years even with KG & Pierce. It's gonna be even worse this year. Jeff Green is not a #1 scoring option in the NBA.

Last edited:
Sixers hired Brett Brown as their coach, and I don't know how many times people have to be told that the Celtics will not be a bad team with Rondo, Bradley and Jeff Green healthy. Especially in the East. They'll compete for a playoff spot guaranteed.
Guess they're going to win scoring 80 something ppg? 

Jeff Green not ready to be a #1

Something gotta give for Green, we watched this guy drop 43 with Lebron guarding him a majority of the possessions. He obviously has what it takes to be a big time player but he stays getting lost in games, I just wanna see him flourish.

BRkvmC4CAAAEOBc.jpg

Just what the NBA needed another Navy jersey :rolleyes

Yeah it's make or break for Green. 

"Don't put up no brick..."

Ariza was handed the keys to the Rockets Lambo and proceeded to flip the whip
laugh.gif

that navy jersey is reminiscent of Team USA, and if any team/players/city deserve to have a jersey that invoke such imagery, it isn't the Detroit Pistons.

edit: or wait is that in fact a Team USA jersey and that is the announcement they are teasing, that he was selected?

Last edited:
And that's when you run into the Andre Iguodolas of the league...

Jeff Green is 1000000000x the offensive player that Iguodala and Ariza are. Iguodala's athleticism is basically only good on defense and fast breaks. On offense he can't blow by anybody, does a bunch of stupid dribbling and throws up fadeaway clankers all damn game.

Too many really solid players on that team with playoff experience plus an above average player in Green, one of the best pg's in the league in Rondo and one of the best perimeter defenders in the league in Bradley. I think Olynik will have a really good rookie season too.

that navy jersey is reminiscent of Team USA, and if any team/players/city deserve to have a jersey that invoke such imagery, it isn't the Detroit Pistons.

edit: or wait is that in fact a Team USA jersey and that is the announcement they are teasing, that he was selected?

I doubt it the one in Monroe's locker is an Adidas template, has the Pistons number font and nameplate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom