Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the Lakers are one of a few teams that don't need to rebuild through the draft. They've done it their way for decades now.

Kobe aint gonna miss the first few months, ill tell you that right now

and unless stern/silver do something, Lakers aint getting the first pick even if they somehow got the worst record in the league.

Lakers would never tank under the Buss family, I feel.

Kobe would never tank, come on now

SMH at even suggesting Lakers tanking :smh:

Very true, but unlike in the past years, they're probably in the worst position they've ever been in moving forward. They at least had true assets that teams may have wanted, and along with tricking desperate teams into taking their trash, that's how they were able to always make those moves. The Lakers practically are the desperate team now. History does show that they quickly rebound, but it really doesn't look good right now.

smh at you back...

isnt kobe is missing the first few months? that may screw them out of a playoff spot and land them in the lottery.

the wizards got lucky this year. i wouldnt be surprised if the lakers get "lucky" with next years top pick.

and as far as reloading, why not "rebuild" for a season and land the best player since lebron?

One of the most ignorant posts I've seen here in a long time :smh:

Kobe will be back for opening night.You can take that to the bank.Hell even save and quote me on this for the future.

No way in HELL is a player like Kobe's competitive fire is going to allow them to tank.Also the Lakers history as a franchise has been to build their teams through free agency. Which by summer of 2014 they will have a lot of cap space to rebuild the team.

We aren't the Spurs who tanked a season before Duncan came out in the draft.

Last edited:
hmmmm

Jason McLaed @InsiderJayNBA

Source tells me the Hawks are hoping Howard goes to Houston if its not them, plan on offering to s&t Smith for Asik or get Asik outright.

iiii wishhhh.

... btw i have a feeling the lakers will tank next season and end up with the number 1 pick, thus landing them wiggins.

Not happening. Kobe will be in lineup as soon as possible, which might even be opening night with how he is...plus Nash and Gasol probably aren't going anywhere. Kobe won't let them do any type of rebuilding til he retires or they trade him.

Kobe wouldnt "tank" per say, but they might not make the playoffs and as sterns going away gift to the lakers, makes sure the new commisioner gets them the 1st pick in the 2014 nba draft

A healthy Dwight would make them better maybe top 4 in the west...just maybe but Josh Smith will not make Houston any better, he can't shoot, takes horrible shots, and will take touches away from Harden. I wouldn't want that move if I was a rockets fan.

Last edited:
A healthy Dwight would make them better maybe top 4 in the west...just maybe but Josh Smith will not make Houston any better, he can't shoot, takes horrible shots, and will take touches away from Harden. I wouldn't want that move if I was a rockets fan.

Smith is better off going to Boston and playing with Rondo.

smh at you back...

isnt kobe is missing the first few months? that may screw them out of a playoff spot and land them in the lottery.

the wizards got lucky this year. i wouldnt be surprised if the lakers get "lucky" with next years top pick.

and as far as reloading, why not "rebuild" for a season and land the best player since lebron?

One of the most ignorant posts I've seen here in a long time :smh:

Kobe will be back for opening night.You can take that to the bank.Hell even save and quote me on this for the future.

No way in HELL is a player like Kobe's competitive fire is going to allow them to tank.Also the Lakers history as a franchise has been to build their teams through free agency. Which by summer of 2014 they will have a lot of cap space to rebuild the team.

We aren't the Spurs who tanked a season before Duncan came out in the draft.

What this dude said wasnt even that ignorant, the only ignorant part was the wizards getting lucky, taking it to the bank that a guy who tore his acl would be back in under 7 months? He said nothing about tanking, he said get a lucky pick, if you think yall are making the playoffs next year, I got some bad news for you.

What this dude said wasnt even that ignorant, the only ignorant part was the wizards getting lucky, taking it to the bank that a guy who tore his acl would be back in under 7 months? He said nothing about tanking, he said get a lucky pick, if you think yall are making the playoffs next year, I got some bad news for you.

If you think you have a legit chance in the next 72 hours of getting Dwight you & your fan base is in for the biggest DISAPPOINTMENT.

How much you willing to put your money where your mouth is on the Lakers not making the playoffs next season ?

Last edited:

If you think you have a legit chance in the next 72 hours of getting Dwight you & your fan base is in for the biggest DISAPPOINTMENT.

How much you willing to put your money where your mouth is on the Lakers not making the playoffs next season ?

View media item 475840
thats you praying for dwight to stay

it's not happening

Warriors explore trading David Lee

The Golden State Warriors are exploring trade opportunities for All-Star forward David Lee and the three years, $44 million left on his contract, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Warriors forward David Lee had offseason surgery to repair a torn hip flexor. (USA Today Sports)
Lee, 30, is a popular and well-respected player within the Golden State franchise but his contract is considerable, and moving him for a star – or a player on a shorter deal – makes financial sense for the franchise.
Golden State offered Lee in a package for Toronto's Andrea Bargnani, sources said, but the Raptors made a deal with the New York Knicks to shed the final two years, $22.5 million on Bargnani's contract.
The Warriors tried to pry Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge as part of an offer that included Brandon Rush, league sources said. Portland has been engaging trade talks for Aldridge, but has pursued more robust offers than Golden State's proposal, sources said.
Lee had one of his best NBA seasons, averaging 18.5 points and 11.2 rebounds and making the Western Conference All-Star team. He suffered a torn hip flexor on April 20 in the playoffs and eventually had surgery to repair it on May 30.

Link

thats kind of messed up of the warriors

it was like david lee finally found a good home and now they wanna trade him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom