Official 2014-2015 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

thought u knew for a fact the hawks were gonna be going home early this postseason? Thought u had it all figured out. U said so. Told me to "just watch" Guess u were wrong. Bandwaggon fans are welcomed tho.

Yup we here! We on the bandwagon! Started from the bottom
Now we here!!!!

Disgusting watching a game with Lebrons team. I mean it was ckearly obvious who the refs wanted to win. Millsap got a tech for just sayin "are you serious" what a joke. Ive never seen the refs disrespect anyone the way they do millsap. Let alone a all star. Can I have one more moving screen called please? Where was that last series when nene and gortat were screening like left tackles in footbalk and never got called for it. Tip my hat to Jr smith. Eight 3s? Wtf? :lol: feel awful for Carroll :smh: I jus hope it's nothing serious for the man's future. The hell with this series. Somebody put out a MIA for Kyle Korver. Hell they even took away 4 points from him in the first half on complete joke of calls. I've never seen korver called for pushing off on a jumper. NEVER. Sure enough last night I did for the first time. Not giving up hope yet. Sure woulda been nice to have thabo. Thanx nypd. Kent Bazemore jus give it your best buddy. Jus like last night. For Gods sake I have no idea why Bud still plays Pero over Muscala. Dunno what else Muscala has to do. Wonder if Bud will start Baze in game 2, anybody but Pero please. Hell even go big with. Lebron finally got a jump hook to his game. Took ya 10 years but kudos for finally learning to play with his back to the basket when you're gonna get the foul call or shoot over anybody.
With Carroll likely out for series. Doesn't matter who wins this series the Warriors are destroying whoever. hopeful starting 5 for game 2 will be
Muscala
Horford
Millsap
Korver
Teague

Last edited:
millsap and horford will get their points in and do a decent job guarding them, the issue is they just got out hustled on the boards tonight. its one thing to let jr go off for 8 threes, what can you do it happens. its unacceptable and you wont win if jr smith (8) gets more rebounds than both your starting front court players (7 each). 

there's that and the hawks having a bad shooting night from deep. they were 4-23 while jr smith alone was 8-12

im sure the shooting will start to improve as the series goes on but the rebounding is a huge concern.

i dont mind having millsap check lebron at half court for stretches, might as well take advantage of his suspect handles. but having one of your best players check lebron at halfcourt really takes away from his energy on offence. 

even though jr smith is a saint and can do no wrong i dont think he will have a game like this for the rest of the series. hawks need to start knocking down shots and putting more effort and energy into securing those defensive rebounds. 

Hawks haven't been knocking down their wide open looks all playoffs. Jr had a career high last night. So no I don't expect anything like that from him. Suppose to be korver going off. He's got some issues mentally. Took his first 4 points away last night on bs calls. Millsap got COMPLETELY outplayed by Thompson. Terrible. He did guard lebron well in the end. As well as u can without the refs calling u for a foul. Millsap had 5 last night and a tech. Teague played well for 3 quarters.

Boy the media is coming after the hawks like a man down from a gun shot wound. Literally never have anything good to say about them even when they win.

Last edited:
We lost game 1 to the wiz too. I'm not giving up either. It aint over til the fat lady sings. Anything can happen. Like atlanta finally starting to make wide open shots.

I guess the league wants to see lebron go back to the finals and get taken up through there just like his team was last year. Except it's gonna be EVEN WORSE this finals. Hell if cavs make the finals they will be lucky to win a game against the Warriors. And that's the double truth. Ruth.

Last edited:
Lol you've lost 1 game and your already on the blame the ref excuse as your first explanation?

I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. We lost cause we shot 4/23 from 3 and Jr smith went 8/12 from 3. That's the game right there. Still we were within 4 with 2 mins to go. I'm just saying that particular crew of refs is known for screwing the home team. And the officiating last night was at best favoring the cavs to put it lightly. Even one of the atlanta writers pointed it out before the game when the refs are announced that that Scott foster crew is known for screwing the home teams.

Last edited:
Hell I don't even gotta look hard to back my claim.

2014 Eastern Conference Finals
Pacers - Heat game 2
Watch "Bad call: Scott Foster - Sam Young gets T'd up for looking at LeBron - Pacers @ Heat, Game 2" on YouTube

:rofl: :rofl: can't believe it was that easy to find that

right on q last night that mf t'd up millsap for saying "are you serious" No accident these refs are put in these big games for a reason. Same reason Crawford refs all the big games. Refs control the games this time of year. Great teams can overcome the refs. Like last year's Spurs. Like this years Dubs.

Last edited:
**MRI reveals no structural damage to Demarre Carroll's knee. Listed as day to day. Good news for Demarre. Would hate for of that to been an acl or something and been a potential career ending injury. DMC is due for a big raise that he has worked his tail off for and that would have been terrible for him to have lost that opportunity. Def one of my favorite players. If anybody deserves a raise on this team it's him

*maybe they should have done what the wizards did and not announce it til 30 mins before game time lol. Good for DMC and his future. Whether it be in atlanta or elsewhere, (damn sure outta be atlanta) let Millsap walk. Seen enough out of him. 10 mil is what millsap is worth. Exactly what hes making now. No raise for him in my humble opinion. Pay DMC and go get LMA or Gasol.

Last edited:
No Hawks players on any of the 3 ALL NBA teams. Damn not 1? How the hell this team is still standing is beyond me. 58 mil dollar payroll not 1 player on the all nba teams. And still stomping with the big dogs. That is miraculous. Regardless of what else happens. This team will always be remembered.

Last edited:
No Hawks players on any of the 3 ALL NBA teams. Damn not 1? How the hell this team is still standing is beyond me. 58 mil dollar payroll not 1 player on the all nba teams. And still stomping with the big dogs. That is miraculous. Regardless of what else happens. This team will always be remembered.
I hope to see them beat some big dogs in the playoffs. Would be nice to see them cement a legacy.

I hope to see them beat some big dogs in the playoffs. Would be nice to see them cement a legacy.
they already have being the first atlanta hawks team ever to make it to the ECF. Beating the highest payroll in the league in beating brooklyn(90 mil) and DC (83 mil) payrolls with a 58 mil dollar payroll also. Legacy is already cemented. U don't need a superstar to win. This series aint over and the years to come the hawks will continue to IMPROVE.

Last edited:
I think the Hawks biggest trouble right now is whatever the hell has happened to Korver's shot.

So much of the offense relies on that, just like Danny Green in the Finals against the Miami LeBrons last year.

I think the Hawks biggest trouble right now is whatever the hell has happened to Korver's shot.

So much of the offense relies on that, just like Danny Green in the Finals against the Miami LeBrons last year.
He can't even get open to get a shot. Dude needs to be able to put the ball down and at least try and create his own look. He's terrified to dribble. 

Korver is still very effective defensively and with his passing, rebounding, and just share presence on the court cause hes capable of going off but he's got something going wrong in his head. Ever since the brooklyn series where the nets made it they're game plan to shut korver down and u shut the hawks down. That Has been the reason for Carrolls emergence and why hes been able to go off these playoffs. Kyle prob never had a team prepare for him this way his entire nba career. Still no excuse. They were able to get past it in the first 2 rounds but it won't work against the cavs. Gotta score more than 89 points. And we need korver to at least get 15. He had 9 last night. His first two shots he took he made last night in the 1st quarter and both were both taken away, one for moving screen on horford, other on a offensivel foul push off (first I've seen all year)

Stat of the game
Hawks shot 4/23 from 3
JR Smith shot 8/12 from 3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom