Official 2014-2015 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

Man they could afford to sign anybody our there. They're at about 40 mil this offseason with only millsap and Carroll as free agents. Free agents Brand and Pero will both be gone. Daye prob gone. 15th overall draft pick. 2 2nd round picks to replace those 3 roster spots. Resign carroll 10 mil and pay someone else 20 mil and still be under the cap. And i dont even know why in the hell they don't just go over the cap and pay the luxury tax anyways. Everything is already set in place. Resign carroll. Bring in dominant big man scoring theat. Aldridge, M Gasol, B Lopez. Boom roster complete. Even could spend 10 mil more and be at about 80 like cleveland and beef up the bench.

Last edited:
Are you worried about DMC getting something like $15+ mill a year this offseason? Or even something close to the max? Perhaps that maybe where some of that huge cap space yall have will go to.

After his performance this postseason, teams are gonna be all over our main man 
ohwell.gif

Personally, I'd like to see him stay in the ATL.  

Are you worried about DMC getting something like $15+ mill a year this offseason? Or even something close to the max? Perhaps that maybe where some of that huge cap space yall have will go to.

After his performance this postseason, teams are gonna be all over our main man :\

Personally, I'd like to see him stay in the ATL.  
I think he wants to stay in atlanta his agent just wants to make sure he gets the best deal he can get. He's not worth 15 mil in my opinion. His peak was just this postseason. He won't play any better than that. Never has. Alot of his offense is because of all the attention korver has demanded these playoffs. And he won't get 15 mil from atlanta. 12 would he the tops I see them doing. I think he wants a long term tho. 4 years - 55 mil I would think would be the max. if he can get 15 and a long term deal in LA or NY then I wouldn't be mad at Atlanta for not paying him or for him taking the money. I think he wants to stay with coach Bud tho. Hes from Birmingham, Alabama so he's close to home. His agent is shopping the hell out of his *** tho to make sure the hawks offer him a fair deal. Which they will. But 15 is too much in my opinion. 4 years 40 mil would be ideal and a really good deal for DMC I think. Prob just boosted his salary a million a year by just playing in that game last night and showing he cares about winning above all. Which is another reason why I see him staying cause he wants to win now. Don't see that happening in NY or LA. I don't think he'd be able to handle the new york media. just complete opposite of atlanta media.

Last edited:
Honestly tho, Korver being out is the best thing that could happen to ATL. Dude has been playing like crap, and the only he's effective is coming off of screens. And he's an overrated defender.

This offense needs to start running through Teague and Horford. Everybody should just supplement them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at least the rockets are getting blown out by 30 at home. League got some serious issues when both Conference Finals are both not even close.

Last edited:
Are you a True Believer? They are: http://t.co/12FX5QHu8r #TrueToAtlanta
— Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) May 23, 2015
"We have to get back to playing unselfish basketball." - @DeMarreCarroll1 More reaction from last night: http://t.co/4c8FMWBjF6
As @AnaheimAmigos writes, LeBron James hurt us as much with his passing as he did with his scoring in Game 2: http://t.co/IgeujvOlJx

Honestly tho, Korver being out is the best thing that could happen to ATL. Dude has been playing like crap, and the only he's effective is coming off of screens. And he's an overrated defender.

This offense needs to start running through Teague and Horford. Everybody should just supplement them.
maybe it will be. Thought the wiz series ran him absolutely ragged having to try to guard beal. I had no idea why they didn't let him just guard Pierce and put Carroll on Beal. Especially the games when wall didn't play. All pierce did was drift the 3 point line korver would have been alot better off not having to chase around 21 year oldBeal for 6 games. And Beal was the one killing us until the final mins for the whole series. Never understood that one from coach Bud. Carroll should have been on beal and Korver on pierce. oAnd Korver having to deal with Beal guarding the hell out him and the the wiz bigs beating the hell out him physically didn't help kyle either. That age of 34 finally caught up to him. I think all the starters are burned out. Mentally for the most part. And physically too. Bottle that with all 5 starters, 6th man, 7th man, 8th man, all getting injured or hurt during the playoffs or right before. Gotta have some luck to win it all and even make it as far as they did dealing with all that was a win to me. Still could provide a better effort in this cleveland series even if u know u can't win still shouldn't just give up.

Last edited:
They just need to worry about 1 game at a time and not play so tight and loosen up for goodness sake. Have some fun. This is a game that u get paid millions to play. This is the chance of a lifetime. They've looked tight the entire playoffs like their scared to mess up. Gotta trust your skills. Play with confidence. Mainly KNOCK DOWN YOUR WIDE OPEN JUMPERS your a pro basketball player. Shooting the basketball is a very fundamental part of the game. And the hawks are suppose to have a team full of guys who can SHOOT THE BASKETBALL. Shoot it with some damn confidence. Quit thinking about it. Trust your skills.

Last edited:
Gotta say those damn Dubs are bout the best team I've seen in the 2000s. I mean they just break your spirit. And when your tied with them you feel like your down 10. And when your down 10 it feels like 20 cause of the defense they play. Oncw they get u down they start going for those kill shots with those 3s and it's a 30 point lead before u blink. Hats off to those guys. Have completely changed the game. Don't even play positions anymore when they start coming with their ridiculously stacked bench. Just run the best 5 athletes out there is what they do. And all 5 athletes can shoot and dribble and play d. Curry and Klay get most the love and it's def deserved but its guys like Barnes, Green, Livingston, and Iggy, are really the difference makers. Harrison Barnes is a monster and so is Draymond. Draymond is sone kind of Dennis Rodman/Charles Barkley hybrid cause that dude can guard all 5 position's effectively and is a weapon from wherever offensively. And like so many other bigs can't do today, draymond can play with his back to the basket. and very well too. Truly fun watching that team play. Didn't hurt they have seemed to not had any major injuries like everyone else but nevertheless, that's greatness we're witnessing watching those guys.

Last edited:
Gotta say those damn Dubs are bout the best team I've seen in the 2000s. I mean they just break your spirit. And when your tied with them you feel like your down 10. And when your down 10 it feels like 20 cause of the defense they play. 
The accuracy of this statement is too much

The accuracy of this statement is too much
them dudes are something else man. Ive never seen anything like it. Currys ridiculous shot making is back breaking too. U can just see it in the opposing teams faces. Dude has no filter for his shot selection nor does he need one. I don't think dude even looks at the basket. Don't need to. Lol.

Kerr has def pushed every single right button u can push with this group. Scary. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't lose another game these playoffs. Sorry cleveland and lbj no disrespect. Those dudes are just too damn good. Too deep. Too long. Too athletic. Too many GOOD JUMP SHOOTERS who rarely miss WIDE OPEN JUMPERS. Have a suffocating defense that travels extrememly well. They have the best home court advantage since like the 86 celtics team who went 40-1 at home that regular season and used to turn the a/c off and sweat the other teams out the building. They won it all that year. Best team that had a chance agianst the Dubs was the Grizz IMO, they had the weapons. Crazy Draymond is able to guard guys like Randolph and Gasol that effectively. and they eliminated them last round. Grizz had some significant injuries but still can't fault the Dubs for that.

Last edited:
Yea cleveland has lebron but I think they can put draymond on him and it will give lbj fits. I may be wrong but we're gonna find out. Barnes is def capable as well. As well as iggy. As well as even klay and livingston. None of these guys at once all game but as a unit they can't make his life on the court much tougher. Dubs are gonna score 100+ regardress, had 91 ladt night through 3 quarters. cleveland better just hope they can keep up. And I'm not so sure cleveland is even better than houston.

Last edited:
Gotta say those damn Dubs are bout the best team I've seen in the 2000s. I mean they just break your spirit. And when your tied with them you feel like your down 10. And when your down 10 it feels like 20 cause of the defense they play. 
Gotta agree.  And they have the stats to back it up. I mean they are 1 game away from the NBA Finals and they have lost a total of 17 games all freakin season. They could win the Championship with losing less than 20 games 
sick.gif

And they were so dominant that their star player took the 4th quarter off on most nights

There has been a lot of teams who can score like the dubs do. But what puts them over the top is they're the best damn defensive team in the league. And have been all season. And they don't even have alot of guys that have alot of playoff experience or any of that folks always say u need. Their main players have very little. They've debunked that myth IMO. And then some. Also have destroyed the notion that u need positions in basketball. They damn sure don't use any most of the time. Unless Bogut is our there, its just 5 combo players that are all super athletic and can all spread the floor and lock u up defensively. Steph defense isn't elite but it's better than average and getting better and his offense more than makes up for it.

Last edited:
Horford ejected lol really? Ill Go out on a limb and say that's his first ever nba ejection.

Last edited:
What a joke. This is why people hate lbj. He was the main won calling for Horfords ejection. Delly took korver out in round 1 with that rugby move.

Last edited:
Why the hell even show up. When u do the refs just treat u worse. Keep it close they'll make sure u don't get it. Now I understand why teams give up against lbj teams now. What's the point. U pretty much just gotta blow them out. Or the refs will make sure lbj wins in the end.

Last edited:
Delly is a scrub who needs to take his has back to playin rugby tryin to go after guys knees. Why he was t'd up right there. Jus cost us our best player.

Last edited:
You saw that breh'

Bush League :smh:
That kinda stuff right there will make u not even like to watch the nba anymore. In the ECF really? Our best player? We're down 2-0. Lebron beggin for Horford to get ejected, Gimme a damn break. Absolutel joke even chris webber and Reggie Miller agreed. Refs directly affecting the game. Soft *** cheating *** league. Now we turn to our d leaguer mike muscala.

Last edited:
FREE AL HORFORD

:smh:

This soft *** league man.

He was gunning for his knees....

I hope Horford goes off with the "I'm a soldier" line in the press conference

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom