OFFICIAL 2014-2015 FANTASY BASKETBALL THREAD

I prefer 12 team, H2H is more fun to me (lot of people lose interest in roto), 9 cat is cool, espn or yahoo, always done snake, but would love to give auction a go.

Do you guys choose to punt a cat or just have the best overall team possible? Got a draft tmrw evening and not sure what to do...

Do you guys choose to punt a cat or just have the best overall team possible? Got a draft tmrw evening and not sure what to do...

Balanced team. If you want to punt a category, thats fine. I always try to solidify my squad with multi cat guys though so I rarely punt any categories.

2 spots open in my NT H2H yahoo league! Draft is this weekend and it's a 10 team league.

PM me if you want in. I want to fill it up asap

Last edited:
Anybody got any good team names? I think I'm going with "Noah Doubt" since my squad has Joakim Noah. Couldn't find anything that fit CP3 in. 

If you draft Dwight Howard you probably will be punting FT every week FYI

Don't punt cats just for the sake of punting. The key is to build around your key player(s) strengths and reduce their weaknesses as much as possible. For example, I drafted Davis and then Dirk to bolster the %s and fill in AD's lack of 3pters and Conley for the assists and bolster the steals and 3s. However, there are some players that are a huge negative in some cats that you have to punt e.g. Cousins, Curry, LeBron, KD, Kobe, and Harden's TOs; Dwight, Jordan, and Drummond FT%, MCW and Westbrook FG%.

Last edited:

If you draft Dwight Howard you probably will be punting FT every week FYI
thats not true always. if you draft curry or harden you can easily make up for d12s bad fts but its not a good idea to take them together. i would avoid d12 overall honestly...

Been having a 12 man league 8 cat the past 2 years. U guys think 8 cat is better then 9 cat? Thinking bout switching it up

Don't punt cats just for the sake of punting. The key is to build around your key player(s) strengths and reduce their weaknesses as much as possible. For example, I drafted Davis and then Dirk to bolster the %s and fill in AD's lack of 3pters and Conley for the assists and bolster the steals and 3s. However, there are some players that are a huge negative in some cats that you have to punt e.g. Cousins, Curry, LeBron, KD, Kobe, and Harden's TOs; Dwight, Jordan, and Drummond FT%, MCW and Westbrook FG%.

i don't punt nor balance. what i do is draft my team based on the strength of my first and second pick. for example if i get curry then i will target lillard, lowry, dirk, conley or Thompson. this way i can dominate 3pts free throws assist and maybe steals

i don't punt nor balance. what i do is draft my team based on the strength of my first and second pick. for example if i get curry then i will target lillard, lowry, dirk, conley or Thompson. this way i can dominate 3pts free throws assist and maybe steals
the thing is that 3pt is the EASIEST stat to pick up in FA throughout the year. i think the best drafting method is to draft BPA (best player available). if you see an allstar still left on the board, should consider taking them after the 4th rd. also dont stack up on bigs early in the draft. there are PLENTY of bigs at the end that can provide solid numbers for the year.

Last edited:
My theory is go after an elite PG in the early rounds. Don't necessarily have to reach for one but I always like having one that is sure fire 12-15 PPG and 6-8 assists and then balance it out with 2 more PGs. If I'm lucky to get one of the top 5 PGs, that just makes my draft so much easier cause then I can wait a bit before I get my PG 2.

Last edited:
My theory is go after an elite PG in the early rounds. Don't necessarily have to reach for one but I always like having one that is sure fire 12-15 PPG and 6-8 assists and then balance it out with 2 more PGs. If I'm lucky to get one of the top 5 PGs, that just makes my draft so much easier cause then I can wait a bit before I get my PG 2.
i think getting guys like payton and smart at the end of the draft is just as good as getting a guy like parker or teague. i dont think i would want to waste a 3-4th rd pick on guys like lawson and conley unless i drafted a SG/SF in the first 2 rounds

This is what I drafted last night in my league:

12 Team/Standard 9 CAT/Dynasty League (PG/SG/G/SF/PF/F/C/C/Util/Util/Util/Rest Bench)

Russell Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Gordon Hayward
Trevor Ariza
Tobias Harris
Taj Gibson
Marc Gasol
Channing Frye
Kemba Walker
Danilo Gallinari
J.R. Smith
Jameer Nelson
Wesley Johnson
Samuel Dalembert
Jeremy Lamb
Devin Harris
Caron Butler
Ed Davis

How'd I do? Most likely punting FG%.

This is what I drafted last night in my league:

12 Team/Standard 9 CAT/Dynasty League (PG/SG/G/SF/PF/F/C/C/Util/Util/Util/Rest Bench)

Russell Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Gordon Hayward
Trevor Ariza
Tobias Harris
Taj Gibson
Marc Gasol
Channing Frye
Kemba Walker
Danilo Gallinari
J.R. Smith
Jameer Nelson
Wesley Johnson
Samuel Dalembert
Jeremy Lamb
Devin Harris
Caron Butler
Ed Davis

How'd I do? Most likely punting FG%.
why so many players? seems like extra BN spots are unnecessary and hoarding players wont really benefit anyone. team is okay. no one really stands out besides russ and kyrie honestly. tobias should have a break out year and gordon is very solid.

If anyone still got any open slots for a league, shoot me a PM.
Definitely interested in joining up.

Back
Top Bottom