OFFICIAL 2014-2015 @miamiHEAT SEASON THREAD (31-36) : RILEY GOT DRAGIC....DISCOUNTED!!!!!

A Message to HEAT Nation from Micky Arison

View media item 1103074

While what your Miami HEAT has accomplished in the last four years has been historic, there’s a bigger picture that more clearly defines the success we have enjoyed as a franchise. Since I took control of the team in 1995 and brought Pat Riley in to run our Basketball Operations, the HEAT has made the Playoffs in 16 of those 19 full seasons, with five Eastern Conference titles and three NBA championships highlighting those Playoff appearances. The HEAT are one of only seven teams to have won a championship during that span and, of those seven teams, we are one of only four teams to win multiple championships. To get an even better idea of our record of excellence, consider that of the six NBA franchises established at or around the time the HEAT joined the NBA, only one other team has even appeared in the NBA Finals, with only the HEAT winning an NBA title.

From blockbuster trades for Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway and Shaquille O’Neal, to drafting Dwyane Wade, all of whom are future Hall of Famers, to executing the most significant free agency acquisitions in league history when we acquired Chris Bosh, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, your Miami HEAT have established themselves as an elite NBA franchise and have maintained a consistent level of on-court excellence, defining our legacy as a championship organization. The fact that we have done all of this before celebrating our 30th Anniversary points out that we are the youngest NBA franchise to achieve this type of success and one of only 18 NBA franchises to win an NBA championship in the league’s 68-year history. And while those accomplishments speak for themselves, I’m here to tell you something else: we are not done; not even close.

Pat Riley is fond of saying that the only thing you can count on in life is change and those that embrace change are best prepared to emerge successfully. So while the names on the back of the jersey may change from time to time, the constant presence of the name “Miami” or “HEAT” on the front guarantees that our goal remains the same: to put a competitive team on the floor capable of competing for the ultimate prize. As a Miami HEAT fan, this is what you have come to expect from us. We are laser-focused on the present and the task at hand of defending our Eastern Conference championship with the East being described as “wide open,” while also positioning ourselves for maximum flexibility and maneuverability in the future.

Our returning core, led by three-time NBA champions Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem, two-time champion and nine-time NBA All-Star Chris Bosh, two-time champions Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole and NBA champion and fan-favorite Chris “Birdman” Andersen have once again shown their commitment to winning by doing what is necessary for the benefit of the team. In addition, we welcome NBA All-Stars Luol Deng and Danny Granger, versatile veteran big man Josh McRoberts, two-time NCAA champion Shabazz Napier and exciting young talents like James Ennis and Justin Hamilton, who are coming off of very impressive showings at both the Orlando and Las Vegas NBA Summer Leagues. Our roster is comprised of players capable of versatility and who are out to prove something to the rest of the league.

Like Dwyane said when he announced his return to the HEAT, I am a #HEATLifer. That’s how I want you to feel about your role as a Miami HEAT fan -- that you are a #HEATLifer – “all in” with us for what is sure to be an exciting 2014-15 season and an incredibly bright future where we will look to add to our three NBA championships.

Micky Arison
#HEATLifer

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/a-message-to-heat-nation-from-micky-arison

Last edited:
 Our returning core, led by three-time NBA champions Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem, two-time champion and nine-time NBA All-Star Chris Bosh, two-time champions Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole and NBA champion and fan-favorite Chris “Birdman” Andersen have once again shown their commitment to winning by doing what is necessary for the benefit of the team. In addition, we welcome NBA All-Stars Luol Deng and Danny Granger, versatile veteran big man Josh McRoberts, two-time NCAA champion Shabazz Napier and exciting young talents like James Ennis and Justin Hamilton, who are coming off of very impressive showings at both the Orlando and Las Vegas NBA Summer Leagues. Our roster is comprised of players capable of versatility and who are out to prove something to the rest of the league.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
spoelstra didnt LEAD us to ****. riley and wade took us to the championship. spoelstra came in and piggybacked wade. then he piggybacked the big 3. this is the first time hell have to REALLY stand on his own 2.
09-10 47-35
08-09 43-39

With the roster spo had those are great records. What do you mean he piggy backed wade? That was our best player what coach dosent utilaze his only superstar as the person who gets most the touches?

Also I found this interesting. In the 07-08 year Wheb we won 15 games. Our home crowd was STILL #8 of 30 teams in attendance.

09-10 47-35
08-09 43-39

With the roster spo had those are great records. What do you mean he piggy backed wade? That was our best player what coach dosent utilaze his only superstar as the person who gets most the touches?

Also I found this interesting. In the 07-08 year Wheb we won 15 games. Our home crowd was STILL #8 of 30 teams in attendance.

Quoted for emphasis... Pat Riley chose him for a reason. Does he make mistakes, of course. But lets not forget what those rosters looked like. We had guys like Yakhouba Diawara, Jamario Moon, Quentin Richardson along with a rookie Chalmers, Beasley and Daequan Cook :lol:

Yall with little faith are really exposing yourselves in here... Letting media run your thinking smh

There is absolutely no evidence of a return, mass speculation amp'd up by his silence, such a move doesn't make any since to me but whatevs, play it by the ear and if the latter happens please no classless acts... and by the way bomani is the ****** man, tv needs more bomani, dude is hilarious

Wad3 is at Le6ron's camp with Le6ron right now!!!

At least the tickets will be cheaper :lol:

:rofl:

:wow: at dudes in here are reaching for lulz...

I guess that's all they can do because the Heat are and continue to be one of the most competitive teams in the league despite losing the best player on the planet...

View media item 1103616

I needed to come in here for a good laugh, I've never been in here before. Ya'll made my day.

I will say that many of ya'll don't represent the disgusting fans in South Florida :x, ya'll seem like some real fans.

why is that so hilarious? Its the truth, it aint like he's gonna call the guys he's paying millions, scrubs....
its hilarious to him because hand2hand is actually a heat hater. hes in here basically trying to throw salt but to his dismay heatnation isnt really sweating right now. must suck to be a hater.

Let em throw all the salt they want. If them coming into a thread to troll helps them get threw the day there's a problem with them. He'll just end up getting banned like everyone else anyeays

Let em throw all the salt they want. If them coming into a thread to troll helps them get threw the day there's a problem with them. He'll just end up getting banned like everyone else anyeays
i actually hope not, the heat going to beat their teams anyways lol. dont ban em, just save their posts to remind them later.

I needed to come in here for a good laugh, I've never been in here before. Ya'll made my day.

I will say that many of ya'll don't represent the disgusting fans in South Florida :x, ya'll seem like some real fans.

Lol I stand by what I said, there was next to no basketball based reasons to believe he would of all places go to cleveland, one hell of a PR move that I didn't even see coming, I really underestimated those "rumors" cause there was more than enough time to steer this thing clearly, a weird situation but that's bird food this city will live with/without him, he wants to go home and help his hometown, let him, the people who believe these last four years was a cake walk, might have amnesia, people think he got them rings by himself, let them.... we'll see

Nothing to talk about now, lets wait for the season to start

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz
More
Hearing that unofficial NBA schedule of select games includes Cavaliers-at-Heat on Christmas. Schedule still a couple weeks from release.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz
More
Hearing that unofficial NBA schedule of select games includes Cavaliers-at-Heat on Christmas. Schedule still a couple weeks from release.

:smokin Make LeBenedict James play on the road for Christmas again!! :smokin

Last edited:
Probably better off ordering tickets right when they go on sale, rather than waiting until December using stubhub.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 33s
More
Heat 8 game preseason sked includes LeBron's Cavs in Brazil and home games vs Orlando, Atlanta and Houston

2014 MIAMI HEAT PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Oct. 4 New Orleans vs. Miami KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, KY 7:30 PM

Oct. 7 Orlando at Miami AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, FL 7:30 PM

Oct. 11 Cleveland vs. Miami HSBC Arena, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 6:00 PM

Oct. 14 Atlanta at Miami AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, FL 7:30 PM

Oct. 17 Golden State vs. Miami Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO 7:30 PM

Oct. 18 Miami at San Antonio AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX 7:30 PM

Oct. 21 Houston at Miami AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, FL 7:30 PM

Oct. 24 Miami at Memphis FedEx Forum, Memphis, TN 7:00 PM

I'm proud of y'all

Still riding hard without Lebron

Heres to y'all flourishing this upcoming season

I might even root for y'all again sometimes

[COLOR=#red]Pat Riley on Rio[/COLOR]
We're looking at Mario differently now, with this roster. He's a point guard for us, but we're also looking at him as a two.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom