OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Man, I gotta clear up space for Belt in my 14 team point league. I've also been trying to trade for an everyday catcher since I lost Wieters early in the year, and I've just been rotation between Norris and Jaso since. 

You think it's time I just let go of Votto? I could get Salvador Perez for Votto and Norris. 

Man @#%$ Votto.. The one damn year that I decide to draft him :smh:

Good thing I only drafted him in my free league and not my money leagues

Votto has been an overrated fantasy player for a few years. He had 1 monster season and became over valued. He doesn't have power he should for a 1B and his biggest asset is walks. So unless you are in an OBS league I would never draft him high

Pro we should play for money next year. I'm really sorry guys. I just cant get into our league because I am in two money leagues and this one takes a backseat unfortunately. Lets make it a money league so I am forced to pay more attention. :lol:

Pro we should play for money next year. I'm really sorry guys. I just cant get into our league because I am in two money leagues and this one takes a backseat unfortunately. Lets make it a money league so I am forced to pay more attention. :lol:
Who you want for Greinke or Gray?

Always down for money leagues...But I'm also very prideful of competing with or without. :lol: It's silly.

Since I missed the draft it's been an uphill battle, but it's been really fun wheeling and dealing/adding and dropping. :lol: I'm on the fringe of getting a playoff spot. :pimp: Push!

I missed the draft as well but I like the position I put myself in for next year. Good crop of draft picks, sans the 9th round and 4 really talented SP's that I'll be keeping next to Goldschmidt.

My NL only fantasy team is so sick...we got to carry 7 over from last season but it's still fire

Pride myself on taking Dee Gordon ...knew the kid would play well this year

Wainwright/Cueto :pimp:

Lost Patrick Corbin but my staff still shining

Also Corey Dickerson...had him the end of last season but didn't carry him over...Rockies ********r in the league dropped him when he started the season in AAA ...picked him right up

playing in a fantasy league for no money is the pointless.

Pride keeps me attached regardless of money. But I'm down to throw some bucks in the pool next year. Pro's league is the only keeper league I'm in so I'm pretty into it despite my team's struggles.

My NL only fantasy team is so sick...we got to carry 7 over from last season but it's still fire

I really wanted to play in an AL and/or NL only league this year, but it was really hard to find a good league to join from Yahoo's pool of available leagues.

I'd be open to that, if y'all don't mind me holding the money. IDK how much folks can afford so I'd open it up at $50 each and see who sticks around.

Our league is far from pointless, prideful NT'ers are a whole different animal of competitive :lol: our Keeper football league has been going what, 6 years strong now? That's one of the funner leagues I play in because everyone is so into it just to have bragging rights.

fantasy baseball is the hardest fantasy sport to play and win because it requires daily changes for 6+ months.

I'm of the mindset that taking this requires serious skill...and if you win you deserve to be seriously compensated because it is a massive commitment. To me playing fantasy anything for nothing just isn't fun, but playing something for 6 months, winning and not getting over 1K for your efforts is just silly.

That's always been my view

I'd be open to that, if y'all don't mind me holding the money. IDK how much folks can afford so I'd open it up at $50 each and see who sticks around.

Our league is far from pointless, prideful NT'ers are a whole different animal of competitive :lol: our Keeper football league has been going what, 6 years strong now? That's one of the funner leagues I play in because everyone is so into it just to have bragging rights.
In for $50.

fantasy baseball is the hardest fantasy sport to play and win because it requires daily changes for 6+ months.

I'm of the mindset that taking this requires serious skill...and if you win you deserve to be seriously compensated because it is a massive commitment. To me playing fantasy anything for nothing just isn't fun, but playing something for 6 months, winning and not getting over 1K for your efforts is just silly.

That's always been my view
this. but the most annoying part about fantasy baseball is not the daily changes, its the fact that players are so inconsistent. player A and player B can both end up with 30HRs in a season, but when they hit the HRs matter dramatically. if one player hits 20 hrs in the last 5 weeks of the season, you might have already fallen too deep into the rankings and will not  be able to climb back up. unlike football and basketball where the weekly scores are roughly average

In for 50 as well.

Anyone interested in Archie Bradley? Looking for either a young bat (minor leaguer is fine—Byron Buxton :nerd: ), a pitcher at the show already or draft pick compensation.

I'll dangle Goldschimdt as well to listen to offers. Not too crazy about trading him unless it's for a Kershaw type since life is easier having that big bat already on your team come draft day.

Last edited:
Is JD Martinez or Gregory Polanco worth picking up if I'm dropping Crisp? Only steals I have is Altuve and Rios btw

JD Martinez is having a great season. I haven't followed Polanco too closely for awhile, but Martinez is definitely worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom