OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Sound draft strategy. Appears you were meticulous and thoughtful. How you got Hill in the 13th round, I'll never know.
Same here. I actually went into the draft with the mindset of cuffing Charles 100%, but not worrying abut Gio too much. But with Hill sitting there in the 13th I just couldn't pass on him. I don't really think he's a "handcuff" in the traditional sense. I think he has some standalone value, especially now that the Bengals released Green-Ellis.

I'm cool with my roster for now, but I'm gonna try and make a trade or 2 to add some WRs during the season.

Last edited:
Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Jets.

I'm eyeing the Saints D on my WW, feel like they could be in for a big year. Vaccaro in year 2, addition of Byrd. Consistency in sacks is a mark of a good fantasy defense and Ryan may finally be able to dial up the blitzes with success this season.
New Orleans as a team is judged relatively. Their offense is so good with Payton and Brees, that the defense is somewhat overlooked despite rapid and significant improvement from the Swiss cheese form of years past. Sneaky top-10 fantasy D option. Having trouble deciding between Bucs and Saints myself. Lovie Smith is a hard defensive factor to ignore. Rob Ryan will bring the heat, Saints are opportunistic. New Orleans will be playing ahead with leads, whereas Tampa will often be chasing the game from behind.

Same here. I actually went into the draft with the mindset of cuffing Charles 100%, but not worrying abut Gio too much. But with Hill sitting there in the 13th I just couldn't pass on him. I don't really think he's a "handcuff" in the traditional sense. I think he has some standalone value, especially now that the Bengals released Green-Ellis.

I'm cool with my roster for now, but I'm gonna try and make a trade or 2 to add some WRs during the season.
At the very least a short-yardage back with goal-line TD attempts. His talent doesn't warrant the draft slot in real-life. Minor elbow scare.

My draft went well last night, here's how my roster turned out :smokin. Numbers in parentheses are the round the player was drafted. I'll add some commentary although most will probably just pass over it :lol: :lol:.

QB1: Jay Cutler (3)
QB2: Tony Romo (4)
RB1: Jamaal Charles (keeper, 2)
RB2: Gio Bernard (keeper, 8 )
WR1: Julio Jones (1)
WR2: Michael Floyd (5)
TE: Jordan Reed (7)
D/ST: Browns (16)
K: Nate Freese (17)
Bench: Toby Gerhart (6), Lamar Miller (9), Brandin Cooks (10), Knile Davis (11), Andrew Hawkins (12), Jeremy Hill (13), Blake Bortles (14), James White (15)

This league is a little different for 2 reasons: 1. It's a keeper league, and 2. Instead of a Flex, theres an "OP" position which allows a QB/RB/WR/TE to be started, essentially making it a 2QB league. It's also PPR and 6 points for pass TDs.

I had 9th overall pick (out of 10). Traditionally I go QB in the first round in this league. But since Manning/Brees/Rodgers were gone by my pick, and since there's no clear-cut #4 I opted to "wait" on QB (more on this later). Also, since I kept Charles with my 2nd round pick, I didn't pick again until 29th overall. Dez, Demariyus, and AJ Green went 6, 7, 8, and since I didn't have a 2nd round pick, I opted to reach for Julio Jones. When it came back to me in the 3rd and 4th rounds, I took Jay Cutler and Tony Romo. Really happy that they fell to me there, as they were the exact 2 guys I was targeting pre-draft.

Also really happy with my RB depth as I was able to secure handcuffs for both Charles and Bernard, as well as Gerhart and Miller. Went with James White as the upside/potential keeper steal. Pretty disappointed in my WR depth though. Guys that I was targeting were constantly getting taken before me, and along with managing the draft board and keeping track of my own spreadsheets, it kinda slipped my mind that I needed more WRs :lol:. Still like both Cooks and Hawkins' upside though. Not worried about TE depth as there are plenty available on waivers, and since waivers are auction format, I can buck up if I absolutely need one.

Over the first 4 rounds there were 3 players kept (2 RBs, 1 WR), so there were pretty much 37 actual picks. Out of those 37 picks, 15 of them were QBs. 41% of the players drafted in the first 4 rounds were QBs :lol:. 35% were WRs (13), and just 22% were RBs (8 ). One of the reasons why I love this format. The draft is always different and you have to adapt on the fly.

Here's a pic of the draft board if anyone wants to take a look. Keepers are outlined. (Click to enlarge)

View media item 1156048

Seems like a fun league. My 2QB league isn't PPR and it's -2pts for INT but QB have far greater value since no PPR. But when you add in PPR, it kind of evens out. Alot more to think about.

I like Cutler alot this year. Can't believe RIvers went that late in a 2QB league though.

Gonna try to swing Fitz or Roddy and Rudolph for Gronk and Britt or Nicks... Dude needs WR help and I'm relatively deep at all positions except QB and TE.
Fraij, move Roddy before Fitz and acquire Britt before Nicks.

Trade for Kaepernick or Newton? Ill send Desean Jackson and Nick Foles with me getting Cordarrele Patterson back as well to make the trade work.

I already have Dez and TY Hilton at WR btw
Try to get Cam and CP for D-Jax and Foles. Newton is significantly a better fantasy QB than Kaep.

How everyone think LeGarrette Blount and Matt Prater will play this season?l
Prater is a top kicker once the 4-week suspension is served. Not worth a stash, I'm sure you know that already. Never hold two kickers.

Blount is a top-50 back, if that.

How do y'all rate my team? Any input would help. Thanks fellas. 10 team ppr money league. 6 pt pass Tds.

Cutler
Lacy
Gerhart
Aj Green
J. Nelson
TY
Gronk
Denver
Crosby
J. Bell
J. Hunter
L. Miller
J. Jones
K. Benjamin
N Foles

Having a hard time deciding who my WR2 is...Reggie Wayne or Cordarrelle Patterson? Wayne is returning from an injury and Patterson has alot of potential.

I think Jeremy Hill will definitely provide some good value. 600 yards and 7 TDs. Expect to see similar production with him and Gio a la 2010 DMC/Bush under Hue Jackson.

10 team 1 point PPR (work league) 1 point per 10Yards passing/6 point passing TD

QB- Luck
WR -Dez, Alshon Jeffery, cordarrell Patterson and Reggie Wayne
RB- Leveon Bell, Ryan Matthews, Joique Bell, Ben Tate, Fred Jackson
TE- Jimmy Graham

feedback?

Patterson in my Flex?
I'd start Reggie Wayne to begin the season. Caught 100+ balls four times in his career. Yes, he's 35 but defenses have to keep both him and Hilton honest. CP's QB play will be questionable. Eventually Patterson is the Flex starter but not W1 for me.

Y'all better start repping Champ :lol:

This reminds me of the '12 season when me and him would be back and forth answering q's...that's where we got most of our reps :lol:

Good **** as always man.
You the man, Pro. We covered that thread top to bottom, but you also bring heat with MLB Insider articles.

I have always like Lamar Miller but he is always a bust

Do you guys think he can some impact this year?
Make-or-break year with Lazor.

Team on the left. NT keeper league. 12 players.
Team on he right 12 man,7th pick. Both non PPR. RB's could be better. Meh
View media item 1151114View media item 1151115
First team: Package a WR like Edelman or Colston with Gore to upgrade RB2.

Second team: Very solid. Vereen and Miller can deputize as RB2.

16 team (NT deep league) ppr 6 point passing Tds. 15th pick...

QB. Brees, Fitzpatrick

RB. J. Bell, Moreno, J. Stewart, Hillman, Cadet

WR. Julio, Edelman, S.Smith, B.Cooks, Thompkins

TE. Cameron, Ebron

D/ST. Skins(this was for me :lol: )

K. Gostkowski

Thought? :nerd:
Try to land a RB1. Move Bell to RB2. Moreno may lose the starting job, Miller is a better fit for Lazor.

Tell me about it. Don't know whether to just go a stud QB and play 2 stud RBs or go WR and TE since you can play up to 4. Kind of fun though, so many ways to build a team with this format. I always go QB for both slots since they are more consistent and can offer more potential then a stud RB, even a mid tier QB. But man, Maty Ryan as the 8th overall, was hoping Stafford or Luck slid to me.

In regards to top 12 in a 6pt passing TD and PPR, after the big 4 RBs I'd go QB easy. Might even bump a QB over AP.

Btw who's yalls top 3 QB list?

1) Rodgers I see a huge bounce back year
2) Brees
3) Manning I just don't see him replicating his record year last year (same reason I'm not too sold on D. Thomas as the clear cut #2 WR)
Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Luck, Stafford.

Regarding Murray. 
i took him in both NT leagues ( 7th and 8th pick) for the same fact you pointed out. i just hope that improved o-line will do him wonders and he does stay healthy. 
witten is older, dez will be doubled up a lot and there is concern over Romo's arm strength  so im hoping he'll see plenty of dump offs....
Handcuff Dunbar.

How do y'all rate my team? Any input would help. Thanks fellas. 10 team ppr money league. 6 pt pass Tds.

Cutler
Lacy
Gerhart
Aj Green
J. Nelson
TY
Gronk
Denver
Crosby
J. Bell
J. Hunter
L. Miller
J. Jones
K. Benjamin
N Foles
Any better FA options than Jones?

Could upgrade RB2 unless you believe in Gerhart whole-heartedly.

Having a hard time deciding who my WR2 is...Reggie Wayne or Cordarrelle Patterson? Wayne is returning from an injury and Patterson has alot of potential.
PPR? I'm giving Reggie the slight edge to begin the season. Wayne is similar to Dre, people continue to doubt yet they produce. CP lacks reliable QB play.

Cutler
Lacy
Gerhart
Aj Green
J. Nelson
TY
Gronk
Denver
Crosby
J. Bell
J. Hunter
L. Miller
J. Jones
K. Benjamin
N Foles
Any better FA options than Jones?

Could upgrade RB2 unless you believe in Gerhart whole-heartedly.

PPR? I'm giving Reggie the slight edge to begin the season. Wayne is similar to Dre, people continue to doubt yet they produce. CP lacks reliable QB play.
Repped.

my bad it's standard

Repped.

my bad it's standard
Yep. Got you, it's Reggie. First two games against Denver and Philly should be shootouts. Pep Hamilton and Luck want to go uptempo and air it out. Should benefit Hilton, Wayne, Allen/Fleener, and Moncrief. W3 and W4 is J-Ville and Tennessee. Soft defenses and secondaries more importantly.

Be patient with CP. He'll come along, but not early in the season I don't feel.

Cutler
Lacy
Gerhart
Aj Green
J. Nelson
TY
Gronk
Denver
Crosby
J. Bell
J. Hunter
L. Miller
J. Jones
K. Benjamin
N Foles
this is a good team. 

RB 2 could be a question with Gerhart but you have a solid ppr replacement in bell and possibly miller. 

you could use foles as trade bait right now

Looking to drop Gordon. Who would you guys look to pick up?

Benjamin
Hawkins
Latimer
Another WR?

Green is still a free agent but I have Olsen and Wright at TE already.

Benjamin
Hawkins
Latimer
Another WR?

Hawkins in PPR. KB in standard. Latimer is a deep flier, potential red-zone target in 14 and 16-team leagues.

Had my 12 team PPR draft earlier. Wound up with the first pick.

LeSean McCoy
Gio Bernard
Jordy Nelson
Victor Cruz
Pierre Garçon
Jordan Cameron
Ray Rice
Tom Brady
Brandin Cooks
Devonta Freeman
DeAndre Hopkins
Martellus Bennett
Blair Walsh
Texans
Tradavis Cadet
Gio+Nelson back to back is nice.

Not sure how I feel about Cruz after seeing Eli Manning in the preseason.

Never been a Garcon fan, compounded by the addition of D-Jax and RG3 still shaking off the rust.... 

Cameron, Rice, Brady great picks right there.
Alright major trade possibly in the works definitely need some peoples opinions on this asap. 12 team PPR league big money.

Outgoing

McCoy
Randall Cobb
Jordan Cameron

Incoming

AJ Green
Montee Ball
Jordy Nelson
Jimmy Graham
do it and don't look back.

Although I think that Graham will regress more than most think, and Cameron will shine this season.... you cannot beat that WR depth that Green and Nelson will offer you.

Sidenote, it will be very interesting to see how Green fits into Hue Jackson's offense......... Green is a player I am shying away from this year 
ohwell.gif

In some of these leagues, which could be for money, it's like you guys are just robbing your friends
laugh.gif
This feel is so true for pretty much everyone  following a draft. 

Easy to feel confident before week 1. 

It will be a different story when players start getting hurt and the offseason hype of players wear off and then this happens:

drafted in another 12 team 1PPR league. 6th pick.

went WR WR WR and was going to grab another WR for my flex, but the player i wanted got taken right before me
laugh.gif

oh well.
at first glance, I was gonna lambaste your RBs. But after looking for another 4 seconds, you made out nicely with Vereen, Toby, Bell. All are ideal PPR RBs.

Great job.

You will likely want a new TE after week 2 or 3 tho.
You guys think either Jennings or Williams are going to be decent?
Honestly.... no.
What do you guys think of both of my 10 team leagues? I know the RB department is a bit weak but I changed up my strategy this year and wanted to target top tier slot 1 receivers and drafted RB in the later rounds.
I don't really like either team tbh.

Nor do I like Yahoo's default 3 WR starting line up. Barf.
My draft went well last night, here's how my roster turned out
smokin.gif
. Numbers in parentheses are the round the player was drafted. I'll add some commentary although most will probably just pass over it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

QB1: Jay Cutler (3)
QB2: Tony Romo (4)
RB1: Jamaal Charles (keeper, 2)
RB2: Gio Bernard (keeper, 8 )
WR1: Julio Jones (1)
WR2: Michael Floyd (5)
TE: Jordan Reed (7)
D/ST: Browns (16)
K: Nate Freese (17)
Bench: Toby Gerhart (6), Lamar Miller (9), Brandin Cooks (10), Knile Davis (11), Andrew Hawkins (12), Jeremy Hill (13), Blake Bortles (14), James White (15)

This league is a little different for 2 reasons: 1. It's a keeper league, and 2. Instead of a Flex, theres an "OP" position which allows a QB/RB/WR/TE to be started, essentially making it a 2QB league. It's also PPR and 6 points for pass TDs.

I had 9th overall pick (out of 10). Traditionally I go QB in the first round in this league. But since Manning/Brees/Rodgers were gone by my pick, and since there's no clear-cut #4 I opted to "wait" on QB (more on this later). Also, since I kept Charles with my 2nd round pick, I didn't pick again until 29th overall. Dez, Demariyus, and AJ Green went 6, 7, 8, and since I didn't have a 2nd round pick, I opted to reach for Julio Jones. When it came back to me in the 3rd and 4th rounds, I took Jay Cutler and Tony Romo. Really happy that they fell to me there, as they were the exact 2 guys I was targeting pre-draft.

Also really happy with my RB depth as I was able to secure handcuffs for both Charles and Bernard, as well as Gerhart and Miller. Went with James White as the upside/potential keeper steal. Pretty disappointed in my WR depth though. Guys that I was targeting were constantly getting taken before me, and along with managing the draft board and keeping track of my own spreadsheets, it kinda slipped my mind that I needed more WRs
laugh.gif
. Still like both Cooks and Hawkins' upside though. Not worried about TE depth as there are plenty available on waivers, and since waivers are auction format, I can buck up if I absolutely need one.

Over the first 4 rounds there were 3 players kept (2 RBs, 1 WR), so there were pretty much 37 actual picks. Out of those 37 picks, 15 of them were QBs. 41% of the players drafted in the first 4 rounds were QBs
laugh.gif
. 35% were WRs (13), and just 22% were RBs (8 ). One of the reasons why I love this format. The draft is always different and you have to adapt on the fly.

Here's a pic of the draft board if anyone wants to take a look. Keepers are outlined. (Click to enlarge)
Looks like a good time. Not a fan of gimmicky formats tho.

I wish most of my good friends still lived relatively close, but everyone is scattered thru out Cali now.

We are all growing up, getting married, starting careers, having kids 
laugh.gif

Adulthood stinks,
I took Cadet for you since I had no one else on the board that I wanted. Was between him and Andrew Hawkins but I didn't want another Brown.
Cadet, the Montario Hardesty and Kareem Huggins of the 2014 NFL fantasy season.
Should I trade for Hill to handcuff Gio? I could probably push Bennett for him.
Bennett for Hill would be a steal and you should get a free slap if you pull that off.
I can only keep two of the following, go:

Eric Decker
Justin Hunter
Kelvin Benjamin
Decker and Benjamin

not really buying into the Titans/Locker hype.
In a standard scoring league who would guys rather keep, Darren Sproles or Devonta Freeman?
Sproles.
I have Harvin and Cobb. Kid is offering Gio Bernard. Worth it?
Do you need a RB?

Do you have a surplus in WR talent on your roster?

All things to consider when looking and opinionating on a trade.

To answer your question: "sure, I guess?" is my response.
i feel that after the top 5 or so RB's i feel all the others are RB2s or worse in PPR. am i alone in this?

in my case, wasn't comfortable taking gio bernard, le'veon bell, doug martin, or zac stacy over julio jones in the 2nd. gio bernard would probably be the only one, but i'm just not that high on him with jeremy hill there (although i believe gio will still be the top back to own of the two).
I agree on your first statement.

However, I do like Doug Martin in the 2nd..... especially after the Mankins trade 
Appreciate the input, Champ.

My thought process behind Geno being my backup is Wilson having an early bye week and Geno being the best available at that point. They're gonna throw a lot and he had a few 20 point games last year.

Is there any real handcuff to Doug Martin?
No true handcuff to Doug Martin, Tampa would likely go with a committee approach should Martin go down.

This is also true for Demarco Murray and the Cowboys.
thanks @ChampCruThik

the Chris Johnson for Ray Rice just went through. I too am high on Rice this year.

week 10
sick.gif
damn near half of my team are on bye even my kicker and defense. I may have to just take an L for that week depending on how my team performs before then.

has anyone just took a L because they had too many people on bye that same week and you don't want to drop anyone?
I once went without a kicker and defense in order to fill all my skill position spots.

Did not help much.
12 man standard league, how'd i do? had pick 9 and already skeptical of my marshawn pick but had to with him being the best back available...
Marshawn Lynch at 9 isn't the worst thing in the world. You'll be fine.
What are some good D's for week one that will probably be on the wire?

Philly and Chicago?
Raiders, Giants, Browns, Jags, Jets.

Whatever D is facing those teams is likely who I will go for on the wire.
Bears D is def the best play week 1.

At home against EJ manueLOL? hell yeah.
Doubt the Bears D will be available on the wire.

Cutler
Lacy
Gerhart
Aj Green
J. Nelson
TY
Gronk
Denver
Crosby
J. Bell
J. Hunter
L. Miller
J. Jones
K. Benjamin
N Foles
I give your team a 6.5/8

would have probably gone a little earlier on a QB, especially with 6 pts for passing TDs.
nerd.gif
BenJarvus Green-Ellis cut by Cincinnati Bengals
nerd.gif
Jeremy Hill, now.
I am assuming you have both players, you will likely have to go with opponent to determine who to start.

Wayne will be back as if he had never left.

I think Jeremy Hill will definitely provide some good value. 600 yards and 7 TDs. Expect to see similar production with him and Gio a la 2010 DMC/Bush under Hue Jackson.
I like Hill also.

Benjamin
Hawkins
Latimer
Another WR?

Benjamin in standard.

Hawkins in PPR.

Latimer, if you have a roster spot to burn on a player who you will likely need to sit on for awhile; your classic flier/sleeper.

i got a little dilemma here for week 1 at the TE spot

charles clay vs NE

or

travis kelce vs TEN

PPR league

i got a little dilemma here for week 1 at the TE spot

charles clay vs NE

or

travis kelce vs TEN

PPR league
Tough. 

Clay, somewhat of a sure thing with some decent rec/target games last season.

Kelce, hot new name coming into the fantasy season.... plus you have the check down king QB''ing the Chiefs.

Serious Question for everyone...

12 Team Full-PPR league, 1st Pick...

Am I outta my mind passing up on Shady McCoy?  From what I am reading, he is dealing with turf toe.

I would rather have Charles but his O-line loses 4 guys, and AP does not catch a lot of balls.

Anyone out there think I'm nuts considering Forte?

Last edited:

Am I outta my mind passing up on Shady McCoy?  From what I am reading, he is dealing with turf toe.

I would rather have Charles but his O-line loses 4 guys, and AP does not catch a lot of balls.

that turf teo news is nearly two weeks old, I think he is fine?

But to answer your question, no you are not crazy for considering Forte. Not sure I would actually take him 1st overall tho.

That is actually supposed to change this year. Supposedly AP is a part of the passing game now...

Alright major trade possibly in the works definitely need some peoples opinions on this asap. 12 team PPR league big money.

Outgoing

McCoy
Randall Cobb
Jordan Cameron

Incoming

AJ Green
Montee Ball
Jordy Nelson
Jimmy Graham

Team would be...

Foles
Montee Ball
Reggie Bush
Demaryius
AJ Green
Jordy
Jimmy Graham
Browns D
Gostkowski

Chris Johnson
Fred Jackson
Mike Evans
Danny Amendola
Romo
Cecil Shorts
Ladarius Green
Jonathan Grimes

Or stick with what I have

Foles
McCoy
Reggie Bush
Chris Johnson
Demaryius
Cobb
Cameron
Browns D
Gostkowski

Fred Jackson
Mike Evans
Amendola
Romo
Cecil Shorts
Ladarius Green
Jonathan Grimes
sorry if im late but you should definitely take that trade. Starting d Thomas, Jody and aj in ppr. Wow. Then having jimmy at te. Only downgrade is going from mccoy to Montee. Bimonthly you make out with a huge advantage. Jimmy and j Charles carried me last year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom