OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Should I pull the trigger on this trade?

I give Andre Ellington and Jason Witten.

I get Marshawn Lynch

What do you guys think on Marshawn's holdout? Will he still start, let alone play?

It's a keeper league and I have Ellington as one of my keeps.

I get Marshawn Lynch

What do you guys think on Marshawn's holdout? Will he still start, let alone play?
PPR league? Increases Witten's value and decreases Lynch's in that format.

No to the proposed deal. Lynch is 28, tail-end of a RB's prime. Without the looming contract situation, he has Michael and Turbin pushing for reps. He's still a legitimate RB1, but Ellington has major upside. Ellington already projects as a topnotch RB2 with room to grow. He also caught 39 balls on 57 targets with a lighter workload in 2013.

Not to mention Witten is a top-6 TE. Mr. Reliable with 73 or more catches in the last 7 seasons. Even at 32, he'll give you 70 receptions in '14. Tough, plays through injury.

PPR league? Increases Witten's value and decreases Lynch's in that format.

No to the proposed deal. Lynch is 28, tail-end of a RB's prime. Without the looming contract situation, he has Michael and Turbin pushing for reps. He's still a legitimate RB1, but Ellington has major upside. Ellington already projects as a topnotch RB2 with room to grow. He also caught 39 balls on 57 targets with a lighter workload in 2013.

Not to mention Witten is a top-6 TE. Mr. Reliable with 73 or more catches in the last 7 seasons. Even at 32, he'll give you 70 receptions in '14. Tough, plays through injury.
Thanks man.  It is a tough trade.  I'm already keeping Rodgers, Nelson, D. Thomas, Charles, and had Ellington/Jordan Cameron on the 5th slot.  Wasn't even considering of keeping Witten.  With Josh Gordon gone, was banking on Cameron to mirror what he did last year and then some.

Wait, that changes things for me. If keepers kick in after the trade, I'm more inclined to accept.

Here's why: Witten isn't one of your top-5 keepers regardless. Your last spot comes down to Ellington or Cameron, and I'd lean the former. Flipping Ellington and a non-keeper for Beast Mode is savvy business.

Then you have Rodgers, Demaryius, Nelson, Charles, Lynch. You should win the league with sound drafting, particularly at TE and your Flex.

how many guys in here got crapped on by david wilson last year? *shudders*

drafted him pretty early too :frown:

Gordon carried me also.

mock draft in 10 mins..first pick.

Edit:

Actually leaning Matt Forte..with bush gone, hes def getting those goal line carries now.

he led me to the championship in my major money league.

Last edited:
actually went with forte instead for a few reasons...I think this year hes the best back in FF
Forte was the most consistent and always had the best skill set out of all the RBs in the NFL, You can't go wrong with  that pick

Last edited:
In a 12 team ppr league with bonuses for long TDs. I have the 5th pick. The guys that will be available to me should be AD, Forte, or Megatron. I'm really high on AD, with Norv being on board and no Toby to steal 3rd downs. But I'm a little concerned with his and Forte's age and workload over the years. Any opinions?

thoughts on:

Toby Gerhart as RB2? (jags saying hes getting huge bulk of carries.

Bishop Sankey as flex/low end RB2? (Shonn greene is injured, Dex Mccluster isnt a lead back. Sankey looking at starting from the jump)

Eric Decker as high end WR 2/Flex: If Vick starts..I say he could be great drafted late.

also thoughts on my mock team (10 man league):

Romo
Forte
Gerhart
Dez Bryant
Desean jackson
Jimmy G
Keenan Allen
Seahawks
Matt Prater

Bench

Eric Decker
Charles Clay
Anquan Boldin
Fred Jackson
Donald Brown
Marquise Lee
Rams defense

Last edited:
In a 12 team ppr league with bonuses for long TDs. I have the 5th pick. The guys that will be available to me should be AD, Forte, or Megatron. I'm really high on AD, with Norv being on board and no Toby to steal 3rd downs. But I'm a little concerned with his and Forte's age and workload over the years. Any opinions?
I'd remove Forte from the equation. 35 TD in 6 seasons. Longest run last 3 seasons was 55 yards.

Peterson has scored double-digit TD in every season in the NFL. Rips off a 64-yard run or longer in 6 of 7 seasons.

Calvin Johnson has 45 TD in the last 4 seasons. Longs of 87, 73, 53, 87 past four years.

I'd rank it AP (too much value to pass up at #5), Megatron, Forte.

thoughts on:

Bishop Sankey as flex/low end RB2? (Shonn greene is injured, Dex Mccluster isnt a lead back. Sankey looking at starting from the jump)

Eric Decker as high end WR 2/Flex: If Vick starts..I say he could be great drafted late.

also thoughts on my mock team (10 man league):

Romo
Forte
Gerhart
Dez Bryant
Desean jackson
Jimmy G
Keenan Allen
Seahawks
Matt Prater

Bench

Eric Decker
Charles Clay
Anquan Boldin
Fred Jackson
Donald Brown
Marquise Lee
Rams defense
I wouldn't trust Gerhart as a RB2, more so a Flex option. Even with a heavier workload, he's never ran for more than 531 yards in a season. Plus he's not known to rip off long-yardage runs.

Sankey I like as a low-end RB2 or Flex choice. He has every opportunity to flourish in Tennessee with Johnson gone, I just wonder how his size and running style will translate to the NFL. I like Terrance West better, although his conditioning is alarming.

Decker is strong in the Flex, even without Peyton Manning. 33 TD last 3 seasons. He's far and away the best WR the Jets have. Geno Smith seems serious about improving and getting Deck the football.

When you go Jimmy that early, you leave yourself vulnerable at RB2.

I keep seeing people thinking that Ladarius Green is gonna have a huge breakout year. What kind of numbers do you guys legitimately see him putting up?

Until we legit know his role in the offense it's a complete toss up. He has shown great signs of being the heir to the throne for Gates, but SD is not ready to let Gates fade into the sunset even though he really is on his last legs and can't stay healthy.

I get Marshawn Lynch

I'd say no.

Ellington has more breakout potential in ARI with no one taking his carries, Lynch, on top of his hold out also has a ton of guys who will take carries away. Witten is expendable but useful in a PPR

thoughts on:

- Gerhart as an RB2 is solid, he's just not a sexy player and it's hard to assume anything with that offense, no matter how much "he gets the ball."

- Sankey is just a name right now, but with that improved O-Line he should be decent, unfortunately Greene will take carries away.

- I like Decker a lot as a late value WR 3 or Flex

Sankey > gerhert for my $ the jags are horrendous and he takes vicious shots due to his size and lack of lateral quickness. White mans brandon jacobs minus the goaline prowess. I could see him hitting 1k n like 4-6 tubs. Valuable flex. Potential liability at rb2

I'd say no.

Ellington has more breakout potential in ARI with no one taking his carries, Lynch, on top of his hold out also has a ton of guys who will take carries away. Witten is expendable but useful in a PPR
That was my initial thought, but I changed. He's not going to keep Witten or Cameron over Ellington or Beast Mode. Unless you believe in keeping Ellington over Lynch, he's losing nothing by including Witten who is his second best TE before even determining keepers.

great point on drafting jimmy g early and being kinda screwed of a solid, reliable RB1/RB2.

Julius Thomas will be pretty damn good getting a round or two later anyways.

great point on drafting jimmy g early and being kinda screwed of a solid, reliable RB1/RB2.

Try looking at Cameron in the 5th.. shore up two rbs and a wr, then grab this beast. No Gordon and Miles Austin as their #1 at the moment? No brainer for me.. Cameron's my guy for the year.

Try looking at Cameron in the 5th.. shore up two rbs and a wr, then grab this beast. No Gordon and Miles Austin as their #1 at the moment? No brainer for me.. Cameron's my guy for the year.

good point. forgot all about jordan..he killed me in both matchups last year too.

thoughts on D. Thomas or D. Murray if conflicted between the two? if your drafting in that 4-8 area, they'll be around for that 2nd pick..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom