OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

SF defense isn't what it use too be, Cowboys are going to have to rely on their offense to win that game.

With that said, I'm probably leaning towards Foles. The fact that I have Dez is causing me to second guess.

I think I could have held off on Matt Ryan in the 5th round, gotten Cordarelle and then taken Cutler in the 6th. Whats weird is that everyone is high on Marshall and Alshon but not with Cutler .. but someone has to get the ball to them. Same story with Julio/Roddy/Ryan, AJ/Dalton.
I don't mind cutler this year, but 6th rd is too early depending on the size of the league. I think Alshon Jeffery will regress a bit. I don't like him as a top 10 WR. But my main concerns for Cutler is obviously the injuries, combined with the fact that his random 3-4 int games will totally kill you at least once this season
Last one for this week I promise
laugh.gif

Jets D vs Raiders
Eagles D vs Jags

Both at home
Gimme the Eagles. Very close call tho
Should I trade Calvin Johnson for Arian Foster and Roddy White?

Once again here is my team:
NO. you've got plenty of RBs. Keep mega for sure
should I start

Aaron Rodgers vs. The seahawks

Or Andy dalton vs the Ravens.

My opponent is rolling with Tony romo vs the niners.

If I go with Rodgers I'm hoping for a blowout (which is likely since it is a prime time game in Seattle) so Rodgers will keep on passing at the end. And try to keep it close.
I'm a huge Hawks fan, and I would still start Rodgers haha.

Decker  or Roddy in a standard league format.

I'm thinking about switching over to Decker because he is playing he Raiders and is the #1 option but I wanted to see what you guys think as well.
Roddy. I need to see at least one week out of the jets before I roll out Decker.

Like others have said, Roddy in the dome = good. And use him week 1 before he gets dinged up again haha
Matt Ryan has an established connection with Roddy White, Decker and Geno Smith are still working on it. Also, Ryan > Smith. Go with Roddy White.

Stupid Wes Welker threw everything off for me
mean.gif
... now it's b/w

Mohamed Sanu @ Baltimore
or
Miles Austin @ Pittsburgh

PPR League

i'm leaning towards Mohamed Sanu, but any feedback would be helpful
wink.gif

Thanks
Yikes. I'd lean towards Sanu. Like I said above for Decker, I need to actually see Austin out there with that Browns offense for a week before I'm starting him.
I have the Bills D for week 1. Not confident at all in them vs Patriots. What D should I pick up week 1?
I'd swap for the Bears or the Jets.

Quote:
Who should I rock at my flex this week fellas?

Terrance Williams vs. 49ers
Colston at Falcons
Freddy Jax @ Bears

I have Colston slotted in right now.

My starters are:
Shady
Stacy
Jordy
Garcon
I'd stick with Colston. Should be some points in that game
Got offered

Torrey Smith & Anquan Boldin
For
mike wallace

Do I pull the trigger ? I have kaep that's why
I'm so hesistent to pull the trigger and I don't know much about Torrey smith
do it. I like Torrey over Mike Wallace. Getting Boldin is just a bonus
In the Flex i'm having a tough time deciding between:

Moreno v. NE
or
Cooks v. ATL

Standard scoring
I'd go with Moreno. SO close for me though. If you feel like you're gonna need big time points, roll the dice with Cooks. But I do think Moreno is a bit safer.
Romo vs SF

Or

Foles vs Jax

nerd.gif
I'd go with Foles. Both are great options though.
SF defense isn't what it use too be, Cowboys are going to have to rely on their offense to win that game.

With that said, I'm probably leaning towards Foles. The fact that I have Dez is causing me to second guess.
And this is why I think its such a close call lol. Foles is a nice hedge bet on Dez/Romo having a bad game tho

For my flex.

Ben Tate vs Steelers
Emmanuel Sanders vs Colts
CJ Spiller vs Bears
Jordan Reed vs HOU
Brandin Cooks vs ATL

Pick 2.

Right now I got Tate and Spiller. i think Sanders could have a big week though.

I'm going to really stick to my beliefs that no one should start the Jets this weekend. This defense is good at stopping the run. Stopping the run doesn't give you any fantasy points. Their secondary was bad before Milliner got hurt and the other dude got taken out for the season. 

Raiders are live dogs and might put up numbers against the Jets. Unless Schaub comes in and starts throwing those laterals, Jets D is a terrible play. 

For my flex.

Ben Tate vs Steelers
CJ Spiller vs Bears
Jordan Reed vs HOU
Brandin Cooks vs ATL

Pick 2.

I'd play Sanders and Tate probably 

For my flex.

Ben Tate vs Steelers
CJ Spiller vs Bears
Jordan Reed vs HOU
Brandin Cooks vs ATL

Pick 2.

guaranteed touches going with them. i think sanders could get a TD with Wes not playing and DT getting double coverage. 

Who should I cut?

J Hill

T Wright

J Starks

T West

Need to go grab a Kicker.
Starks

Who should I rock at my flex this week fellas?

Terrance Williams vs. 49ers
Colston at Falcons
Freddy Jax @ Bears

I have Colston slotted in right now.

My starters are:
Shady
Stacy
Jordy
Garcon
San Fran was 7th best in passing yards allowed per game last season, and I feel they've gotten better in that regard with player personnel.

Is it PPR? Freddy is tempting because Chicago was dead last in run D last year. Over 160 YPG allowed.

Last season, Colston had 9/108/1 in two games against ATL. Alford and Des are underrated, growing corners.

Freddy, Colston, Williams is my order. Especially if it's PPR and Freddy can you steal you a few extra points with catches.

Hello Gurus. 2nd year player in a standard league, anybody worth plugging in one of the slots?

Here are my starters:
View media item 1163989
Here is my flex and bench:
View media item 1163992
Is it a PPR format? If so, I would consider slotting Vereen at RB2 and benching Tate. Even though Pittsburgh was 21st best against the run last season.

Hunter would be my Flex play. Lost Lewis and B. Flo. Chiefs were already 25th worst against the pass. Whis is an offensive guru, great with QB development. Hunter racks up TD.

In the Flex i'm having a tough time deciding between:

Moreno v. NE
or
Cooks v. ATL

Standard scoring
Atlanta was 21st in passing yards per game allowed last year. Even though I just touted Trufant and Alford, Cooks is a special player that Payton knows how to utilize. I don't believe in Moreno at all.

Cooks is the play Week 1.

I went with West... Just read up on the browns situation w him and Tate... Sounds like West has been buns.

Also I have Lacy so I'll keep starks as handcuff.

Romo vs SF

Or

Foles vs Jax

:nerd:
Foles. J-Ville was tied for 25th worst pass D last year.

For my flex.

Ben Tate vs Steelers
CJ Spiller vs Bears
Jordan Reed vs HOU
Brandin Cooks vs ATL

Pick 2.

Houston's great against the pass schematically, not Reed.

Bears had the worst run D last season. Over 160 yards per game allowed. Spiller is a must-start even if the Bears have addressed their front four.

Sanders is an intuition play. He's shaky, elusive. Game should be a shootout and no Welker.

Who should I cut?

J Hill
T Wright
J Starks
T West

Need to go grab a Kicker.
Saw you dropped West. I'm patient with him. Would have said Starks even though you need/want the Lacy handcuff. Second choice to drop would be Wright, depending on format.

San Fran was 7th best in passing yards allowed per game last season, and I feel they've gotten better in that regard with player personnel.

Is it PPR? Freddy is tempting because Chicago was dead last in run D last year. Over 160 YPG allowed.

Last season, Colston had 9/108/1 in two games against ATL. Alford and Des are underrated, growing corners.

Freddy, Colston, Williams is my order. Especially if it's PPR and Freddy can you steal you a few extra points with catches.
Is it a PPR format? If so, I would consider slotting Vereen at RB2 and benching Tate. Even though Pittsburgh was 21st best against the run last season.

Hunter would be my Flex play. Lost Lewis and B. Flo. Chiefs were already 25th worst against the pass. Whis is an offensive guru, great with QB development. Hunter racks up TD.
Atlanta was 21st in passing yards per game allowed last year. Even though I just touted Trufant and Alford, Cooks is a special player that Payton knows how to utilize. I don't believe in Moreno at all.

Cooks is the play Week 1.
Hate to disagree but the cardinal rule with Sproles was to only play him at home. Cooks is an unproven Sproles-type and a rookie at that. Being the talk of practice is one thing, away opener is a whole other animal. I'd go with Knowshon for sure 

Back
Top Bottom