OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Aight fellas...my turn to get some help...need some opinions...

This week...(bolded positions are ones I am unsure on)

Cutler

Forte

R Jennings/D Sproles

Jeffery

Cobb

Graham

Maclin/Cooks/Sproles/Jennings

Thoughts/opinions?

Last edited:
QB situation that bad??? Dallas only gave up 319 yards to SF, let's not get carried away :lol:

nope. have russ wilson and cutler.

locker gonna eat that defense up with whisenhut playcalling.

san fran offense ate that boys defense alive tho :lol:

Last edited:

Cutler

Forte

R Jennings/D Sproles

Jeffery

Cobb

Graham

Thoughts/opinions?
Sproles and Cooks

the shear pace they play at should get them a lot of looks

Man am i glad i still have Gordon.

I dropped him one day for hawkins. and as soon as i heard there was a small chance i picked him up the next day. and since it was before the season started, he was automatically added

Last edited:
Standard league 6 points ptds

Aaron Rodgers for AP and Brandon Cooks

I give up Arod but I have Dalton on the bench.
No, you need a top-tier QB in 6-point pass TD leagues. Rodgers is going to sling 35-40 passing TD, the Seattle game was an anomaly. As is true of most elite QB's against the Seahawks' secondary.

Thanks for the help everybody. How bout...

Bennett for Vereen?
Receiver of Vereen is the winner, even in standard. Ridley was ineffective and White was deemed inactive. Vereen's significant worth is a matter of health.

I'm having the same question with forsett. my rb2 is shonn green :x so I'm thinking of $15-20. I rarely pick up popular people off the wire though so I don't know what's reasonable.
I wouldn't overvalue Forsett, even with the Rice situation. I know he had a few solid years in Seattle, but he's more a change-of-pace back. Pierce's ceiling is better despite a rusty, underwhelming W1. He's 23 with a future as a lead back, with ripe opportunity in Baltimore.

I just dropped Rice in one of my leagues then realized I had him in 3 more :lol:
Struggle is real. I own Rice as a RB3 in virtually every league, NT or otherwise.

Im thinking of pulling a trade where i get spiller and give up mike evans

My other WRs are dez, DT and Maclin. Ppr league. 12 teams.

My rbs are weak - bush,ellington,pierce.
Deal. Keeper league? Only reason to hesitate about moving Evans so quickly, easily. Spiller is insurance for Ellington's smaller frame as a RB2, at worst a Flex play/option.

I think I'm rolling with the Packers D/ST coming off 10 days of rest at home vs the Jets. I just don't see Gino getting it done this week.
What are the other DEF options?

Cutler
Forte
R Jennings/D Sproles
Jeffery
Cobb
Graham

Thoughts/opinions?
Arizona had the best run D in the league last season. Yes, I know Dockett, Dansby, and Washington are out or gone but the Cardinals still play serious defense as exhibited by the opening San Diego game. Jennings was ineffective against Detroit, less than 3 YPC. Although he did see pleasantly surprising catches in the pass game.

Sproles saw 15 touches in the opener against J-Ville. Indy's defense is food, 26th in run D last year. He's the play.

I'm playing Mac9 over Cooks. Cleveland's pass defense is no joke, and Cooks is a rookie despite elusiveness and running good routes. Indy's secondary is liable to be carved up even though Foles is no Peyton. Without D-Jax, health is the only question impeding Maclin's status as a WR2.

My bad, guess it matters a lot with Vereen being included...non-PPR.

You really think I can't consider it? Vereen's ADP was way higher than Maclin's...(and it's only been one week)...
Neither player can stay healthy. Both have opportunistic situations. NE's backfield is undefined, Philly is replacing D-Jax's production.

I prefer Mac9 slightly.

Disregard previous reply. I'd consider the offer and even accept, unless you can aim higher and pry a surer RB2 with your plethora of receivers.

Ok. Got some major moves to ponder. Help me out guys. Here's my lineup.

QB-Matt Ryan
RB-Matt Forte
RB-Andre Ellington
WR-Dez Bryant
WR-Antonio Brown
TE-Greg Olsen
FLEX-Cordarrelle Patterson
D/ST-New England
K-Blair Walsh

Bench
Terrance Williams
Riley Cooper
Brandin Cooks
Josh Gordon
Joique Bell
Bernard Pierce
Jonathan Dwyer

I have two offers. Forte for Megatron straight up. And then Dez and Ellington for Le'Veon Bell and Ertz.

Would it be a good idea to make both these moves? I'd be swapping Dez for Megatron and Forte for Bell essentially. Losing Ellington would make Joique Bell my RB2.

Last edited:

QB-Matt Ryan
RB-Matt Forte
RB-Andre Ellington
WR-Dez Bryant
WR-Antonio Brown
TE-Greg Olsen
D/ST-New England
K-Blair Walsh

Bench
Terrance Williams
Riley Cooper
Brandin Cooks
Josh Gordon
Joique Bell
Bernard Pierce
Jonathan Dwyer

I have two offers. Forte for Megatron straight up. And then Dez and Ellington for Le'Veon Bell and Ertz.

Would it be a good idea to make both these moves? I'd be swapping Dez for Megatron and Forte for Bell essentially. Losing Ellington would make Joique Bell my RB2.
I wouldn't do either, personally.

Who would you guys drop for Kelce....Khiry Robinson, Devonta Freeman, Malcolm Floyd or Boykin?

RB - McCoy, Gio, Vereen, Khiry, Cunningham, Freeman
WR - Antonio Brown, Cordarelle, Gordon, Mike Evans, Floyd, Boykin

I'm leaning towards Boykin....don't think I'll ever really need him as my 6th WR. Khiry and Devonta are at least good handcuffs.
Floyd or Robinson. Malc has missed games in years past and has never caught more than 6 TD in a season.

Khiry I don't fancy that much. Prefer Cadet in NO's backfield. Time will tell with Payton's discretion.

Would you trade Peyton for the right price?

Standard League with 6 point passing TD's and a point for every 20 yards...

My squad is...

Morris
Joique Bell
Marshall
Andre Johnson
Edelman
Welker
James Jones
Ertz
Bennett
Terrence West
Khiry Robinson

Looking for top 7 a QB and Top 5 RB.
No, unless it's the Louisiana Purchase. You need an elite, top-tier QB in 6-point passing leagues. An absolute must when Peyton Manning can give you 40-45+ passing TD.

who to spend a waiver wire pick up on. terrence west or justin forsett?

Should I bench Victor Cruz this week since they're playing the Cardinals? I have Golden Tate and Kelvin Benjamin I can sub in, who would be better?
Carolina has a top-10 secondary based on last year, perhaps consider sitting Tate. KB starts if you opt to sit Cruz.

I'm gonna bench Cruz for Cooks most likely. Maybe even give Hopkins a shot. I have more faith in Fitzpatrick right now than the G-Men :smh:
Cooks isn't a great play W2 either with Cleveland's secondary. Top-10 passing D. Nuk could expose Oakland's vulnerable secondary.

Standard League

I give
Marttelus Bennett
Andre Johnson

I get

Montee Ball

My RBs
Morris
Joique Bell
Terrence West
Khiry Robinson

My WRs
Marshall
Welker
Edelman
James Jones

My TE
Ertz
Tim Wright
Easy deal. You're suitable at TE without Martellus, who is only decent. Ertz will have a better season.

Ball can be a legit RB1 if he continues holding onto the football and blocking well. Dre is the downside of his career.

Defense streaming options this week for me: Houston @ OAK   Or  Tennessee vs. DAL   any thoughts? 
Houston by a safe margin. Watt is a one-man wrecking crew. Front seven gets pressure, and secondary competent.

Having trouble deciding who to start in my flex (.5PPR) - Zac Stacy or Kendall Wright?

I have Bernard and Moreno starting. Leaning towards Stacy because I expect STL to be more balanced with the run and that game should be more plodding in general but I really like Wright for this reason:
Jake Locker is going to put up top 10 quarterback numbers this year if he stays healthy IMO
I'd be inclined to agree. Similar results with Whiz to what we saw with Rivers last year.

QB-Matt Ryan
RB-Matt Forte
RB-Andre Ellington
WR-Dez Bryant
WR-Antonio Brown
TE-Greg Olsen
D/ST-New England
K-Blair Walsh

Bench
Terrance Williams
Riley Cooper
Brandin Cooks
Josh Gordon
Joique Bell
Bernard Pierce
Jonathan Dwyer

Second offer is basura. Dez is potentially a top-3 WR with a probable RB2. Only concern is Ellington's smaller frame. Bell is a RB1 but you already have Olsen. No need for a TE move or upgrade.

First offer is tempting, but resist. Throws off your balance completely. You're already strong at receiver, acquiring Megatron leaves you extremely vulnerable at RB1.

Champ who should I target for Cruz? I need an RB3 now w Rice banned. I've got Gordon stashed as well.
PPR or standard?

I'd want someone like Ellington plus WR Filler for Cruz in standard. Joique Bell and WR Filler for Cruz in PPR.

Having trouble deciding who to start in my flex (.5PPR) - Zac Stacy or Kendall Wright?

I have Bernard and Moreno starting. Leaning towards Stacy because I expect STL to be more balanced with the run and that game should be more plodding in general but I really like Wright for this reason:
I'd be inclined to agree. Similar results with Whiz to what we saw with Rivers last year.
Wright. Tampa has a moderately good run D and even better with Lovie in town. Wright is a PPR machine like I called in preseason. He's going to see more receptions and targets (6/7) than he did against KC. Dallas' secondary is food, Locker is rejuvenated with Whis.

Back
Top Bottom