OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

If My other backups (Cutler, Palmer) are gone then I will be drafting Johnny football late in the draft.

Ive been doing a couple more mock drafts to prepare for my draft on Aug 31st and I think im quite confortable drafting from any spot 1-12. My league is3wr w a flex so I've been drafting WR heavy. Still torn In like the 5th-6th rd guys like Maclin, M.Floyd and C Patterson are on the board. Which of those 3 would you guys choose?

Pick #6:
View media item 1109615
Pick #11:
View media item 1109614
Pick #2:
View media item 1109613

Last edited:
Is it not safe to draft Cutler as my starter and McCown/Manziel as my backup?

Demarco Murray worth a mid-first round pick? I've been targeting him and Foster if I were to land anywhere from picking 7th-12th in my actual draft.
No way. Murray is injured too often, and I just don't like him. But he's a 2nd rounder at best

I think I'm staying farrrrr away from Foster this year.
No chance I draft him this year

Graham or Demaryius @ 7? Top 5 RB'S gone along with CJ.

In my league there's no TE position, it is a FLEX.
drafting a TE that early messes up the dynamic of your team because you miss out on such elite RBs and WRs around them. I'd take Thomas over Graham. If it was later in the 1st and u had a closer back to back pick maybe I lean Graham for a bit more value

What is yall's waiver system like?

We've always had ours open and available for in-game pickups but I think we should change it this year.

Is locking it down Sunday at 1pm then reopening with a priority system on Tuesday the best way to go IYO?
I use FAAB $100 budget. It's the fairest system you can have. Otherwise it's first come first serve at the waiver wire. FAAB forces you to bid and have a strategy

Anybody else drafting Manziel late in the draft in case he ends up starting Week 1?

Too early really make that decision, that's why you don't draft until after week 3 of the preseason

Yea Venom, were gonna do FAAB... Does the budget amount even matter? Wouldn't the market just adjust naturally whether it was $100 or $1,000?

Also... Is Lynch back up into the mix in the top 5 RB's now that hes back for sure?

My RB big board top 4 is McCoy, Charles, AP, Forte...

Even if Manziel is named the Week 1 starter and Gordon ends up only suspended a few games you wouldn't want Manziel as your backup QB?

I'm in a traditional ESPN league by the way. And my draft isn't til after the third preseason game.

Rivers will be my QB target but Cutler will be my backup (hopefully) since im targeting Keenan and BMarsh.

If anyone is holding early drafts, take Josh gordon with that last pick. hearing friday and he has a decent chance at getting his suspension taken away.
I agree.  If you don't get one of the "Big 3" quarterbacks, you may as well wait until rounds 7-9 to get a solid starter.

Cutler is a QB 1 no problem with that, Manizel as your QB 2 is a problem. McCown is a much better choice. MUCH
Even if Manziel ends up starting he is definitely going to have some growing pains, not to mention that I believe he's going to have a big bulls-eye on his back b/c of his glamorous persona.

Ill take johnny football all day and tommorrow over McCown. Bridgewater too over josh.

Trade value alone makes them the wiser choice here. Let either one of em catch some momentum and ull be able to move them for somethin of value n a package deal then reach back on the wire. And pray ur starter remains healthy. If you got McCown consistantly starting your not very well off

Last edited:
All I know is that if Manziel plays anywhere close to what he was in college he's going to be fantasy GOLD.

doing mocks..I like drafting #8 the most. My team is what I want for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom