OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Why is this not all over Twitter or on Sportscenter right now? I've seen 1 guy say that Ed Werder reported it. He didn't even tweet it himself. Not saying it's not true but I'd expect it to be much more widely reported :lol:.

agree, dont see it anywhere that they even had a vote.

not gonna be happy til i see it on espn or someone credible posts it

November is fantasy crunch time, that is WORSE.

Suspend him now and get it over with please.

From what i read, Gordon would be able to play now. Then when his court date in November and DUI case he would miss 2 games in November

even better!

btw is my edelman for his rashad jennings a good move? I need RB's, he beed WR's

Hell yea. The fact that he got the goal line touches over Williams makes it even better for him.

^ Yeah I'm pretty sure the dude who reported that Ed Werder reported it had some bad info :lol:.

^ Yeah I'm pretty sure the dude who reported that Ed Werder reported it had some bad info
laugh.gif
could have gotten it from a fake ed werder account too

Someone at work convinced me to join his league where you can have qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, flex, dp, kicker and punter...

qb N. Foles
rb C. Johnson
rb S. Vereen
wr D. Thomas
wr C. Johnson
te V. Davis
flex D. Bryant
dp Chandler Jones

This is my first time playing but I'm thinking about trading Gordon for Moreno

One team had to drop Mike Wallace as they violated the WR cap. Should I use my wavier priority on him and drop Ridley? Thinking about Wallace or Terrance West. Ridley is going to drive me crazy under BB.
I would drop Ridley for both. Do you need a WR or RB more? I prefer West's long-term value by a slight margin. See below.

Wallace runs one route well, although Tanny is making an effort to get him the football. Wallace can be blanketed and deemed non-existent in football games by good cover corners.

Im also thinking of making a smaller trade of terrance west for nicks. (Getting west). It might be too early for a evans/spiller trade. Dont want to overreact early.
Major win on your side. West is a potential keeper at the conclusion of the '14 season. I said he would supplant Tate by injury or force. He was too good at Towson not to play. Good feet for a bigger back, underrated pass-catcher. The poor preseason and conditioning were over-reported.

I think Justin Hunter has a breakout game vs. the Cowboys. Titans are clearly trying to get him involved.
Who do you think will pay larger dividends in the long run, Lamar Miller or Justin Forsett?
Miller under Lazor. He's going to be used like Shady-lite.

Benjamin or Roddy white?
KB. Cincy blankets WR, deemed Torrey useless. Benjamin can win his matchup against Slay or Mathis.

I'm starting Percy and Dez. For Flex I have Cruz, Golden Tate, LMiller, Sankey, KBenjamin. Standard ESPN
Sitting Cruz, Tate, and Sankey. Deciding between KB and Miller. Buffalo's run D can be exposed without Alonso. Trust Lazor to utilize Miller effectively. See above for why Benjamin is a good W2 start. I'm a slight Miller lean this week.

Any Jason Witten owners?

Wondering if I should keep rocking with dude or bench him and pick up Dwayne Allen or Delanie Walker
Be patient with Witten. He's tough, reliable, consistent. Will give you 70+ receptions. Don't be victim to W1 overreactions.

cam newton or jake locker this week?
If he's healthy and starts, Cam. Racks up rushing TD like no other and could link up with Olsen and KB for passing TD.

His Gore for my Trent?

I feel like Trent really isn't this bad. Maybe he needed time to get acclimated to the colts system?
I'd stick with Trent. Yes, he's been a bust so far but only 24 and Indy should rack up a lot of points all season. Trent is more of a threat with his pass-catching than Gore, plus Hyde is really pushing Frankie with his hard running and pass pro.

Pick one (RB2):
CJ Spiller
Mark Ingram
Chris Ivory

Pick one (TE):
Kyle Rudolph
Antonio Gates
Spiller, Ivory, Ingram in that order. Jets usually pound the rock, but may be forced to throw if chasing a lead against Rodgers. Miami's run D was 24th worst last season. C.J. is a home-run threat.

Rudolph. He won't rack up a whole lot of receptions, but hope for a TD. Gates is drawing a tough matchup, and he's on the downside of his illustrious career.

start Justin Hunter against Dallas over Victor Cruz?
Yes, Hunter gets his first TD of '14 this week.

Start Brady or RGIII this week?
RG3. Minny's defense is seemingly improved under Zim, they have adequate pass-rushers. Foles threw on J-Ville, Griffin should do the same even with Bradley's concerted efforts transplanting from Seattle.

Buffalo D vs Miami
New Orleans at Browns
Bucs vs Rams
I like Tampa most under Lovie as a steady W2 play. Staying away from Buffalo without Alonso anchoring the middle. New Orleans is my second choice, opportunistic with turnovers and potential TD but allows more yards and points.

champcruthik champcruthik

I actually like Buffalo the most :lol:

I don't see how you can still like the Bucs after how they looked against Anderson
Bills allowed 427 yards against Chicago. Missing their best player.

Tampa was 12th best in the NFL for yards allowed in W1. Had a good second-half minus the monster play/catch KB had in the red-zone.

Ughhh wasn't able to grab Gordon of the waiver wire. Now i hope he doesn't come back this season :lol: :-(

But anyways I'm thinking of benching Zac Stacy for Reggie Wayne for my flex. Thoughts?

Standard format, undecided if I should go with Garcon or Floyd at WR2, the other going to FLEX to compete with either Sproles, Hopkins, Doug Martin or Moreno? What would you guys do?
Garcon at WR2. J-Ville was tied for 25th worst pass D last year. Garcon nabbed 10 balls W1, even though you're not playing PPR. He has tremendous value seeing as Mac9 ate on the Jags.

STL had the 9th best run D in '13. Sitting Dougie, uncertain how minor or serious his leg injury is. Sproles is a better PPR play. I'm marching out Moreno ahead of Nuk. Buffalo allowed nearly 130 YPG on the ground last season, and that was with Alonso.

Hey Guys,

Someone in my league just dropped DeAngelo Williams, should I drop Andre Williams and pick him up?  I have McCoy, Murray, Spiller, Pierce, and J. Bell as my other backs.  I know I'm playing the upside game holding onto Andre Williams but since D-Lo starts would he be worth the pickup?
Yes, Jennings should eat the majority of reps and touches for NYG. DeAngelo is a steady, doesn't have tremendous upside but at least he's the lead back in Carolina.

Does anyone have any update on Doug Martin or Jamal Charles this week.​

Both had disappointing weeks last week.  ​

Trying to decide on moves for them over the next couple weeks especially if they are injured.​
Lovie said Dougie's leg injury is minor but regardless, Tedford utilizes RBBC. Meaning James and Rainey cut into Martin's value.

Reid publicly acknowledged and apologized for under-using Charles W1. Unacceptable amount of touches for one of the best RB in the league.

ANyone think Gerhart is still capable of performing well week 2 with bad ankle? (wishful thinking). Its either him, Moreno or Danny Woodhead I'm thinking of using for flex.
Start Moreno. Buffalo's run D is weak and susceptible. To my surprise, Moreno ran hard and effectively against NE. Should do the same to the Bills.

Really considering trading Dez straight up for Brees...

Standard scoring but 6 pt Pass TD.

Here's my team right now:

View media item 1174480

only 1 WR slot and a flex... I feel like I should be able to fill that flex without issue especially if JG comes back.
Done, you need a reliable, top-tier QB in 6-point passing leagues. The upgrade is worth from RG3 to Brees trading-off Dezzy to Allen.

need help at rb, isaiah crowell or ahmad bradshaw? ppr league
Bradshaw. Still "only" 28. Runs hard, doesn't shy away from contact. If Trent falters, Bradshaw's value heightens. Threat in the passing game exhibited by W1. Could punch in a goal-line TD. West is the man in Cleveland with Tate out.

I trade Fred Jackson for Seattle D/ST ... My other RBs are Lacy, Laveon Bell, Reggie Bush, and Ben Tate ... I drafted KC defense but that's a wash so I'm gonna have to play the matchups going forward ... what do you guys think?
KC is weakened by Johnson's season-long injury. I usually just streamline DEF weekly regardless. Up to you, I think Freddy has worth in PPR formats. Especially with Tate's injury and unknown quality as a lead back.

Ben Tate out 2-4 weeks???
That's what Ian Rap is reporting.

12 team ppr, just dropped mccluster ( my 6th RB) for Malcom floyd.  we start 3 WR's
RB's = mccoy, vereen, spiller, hill, woodhead. 
WR's = brown, cobb, cooks, crabtree, shorts, floyd. 

waited til now to do the drop, got him as a FA, didnt bother putting a claim in on the hot RB's as my priority wasnt high anyways. 
I would have kept McCluster. Whis will utilize him. Floyd has limited upside. Never caught more than 6 TD in a season, and he misses games to injury.

I picked up Forsett after dropping Ray Rice, still wanna upgrade my RB3 though. Preferably with someone that doesn't have a week 4 bye.

Would like to move Victor Cruz if Gordon is reinstated.

PPR league
RB's are Shady, Gio, Forsett and Freeman.
WR's Jordy, Cruz, Garcon, Cooks, Hopkins, Gordon.

Who should I target?

Last edited:
Ughhh wasn't able to grab Gordon of the waiver wire. Now i hope he doesn't come back this season :lol: :-(

But anyways I'm thinking of benching Zac Stacy for Reggie Wayne for my flex. Thoughts?
Yes, Wayne was undervalued and a forgotten man in most fantasy drafts. Slid well below his deserved ADP. He's a legit WR2. Keep an eye on his knee, however.

I don't think Tampa is going to give Stacy much on the ground, and Cunningham was on the field more than Stacy W1.

I'm benching Reggie bush and starting Sproles.

I expect the eagle to light up that poor colts defense.

Also not sure if I should start :

Desean @ Jax
TY Hilton @ Phi
Kevin Benjamin @ Det
Three good options in all honesty. D-Jax could really stretch and beat the Jags' coverage. I think Philly will let Indy beat them short, but not give Hilton the big play down the field. Thus Reggie Wayne may have a better W2 in my estimation. KB made a sick TD grab, manhandling the defender. He can beat Mathis and Slay. I rank it D-Jax, KB, Hilton.

Terrance West or Marques Colston for FLEX? (They play each other)
West. With Tate out, Colston isn't eating on Haden and Cleveland's secondary. Plus the Saints aren't home in the dome.

Champ, thank you for your activity in this thread. I wish I could see how many leagues your input has helped win in the past couple years. :nthat:

What do you guys think about Mark Ingram's potential this year? He had a really nice W1, but the rb's in NOLA haven't been anything to write home about the last few seasons iirc. Is a high end rb2 too high?

only 1 WR slot and a flex... I feel like I should be able to fill that flex without issue especially if JG comes back.
Do it and don't look back. PPR and you have Allen and Cooks just there chilling on your bench. 6TD league also so QBs are bumped up. I'd try to package RG3 for a RB2 with a bit more upside then Bush.

I'd do it. I was never a fan of RGIII.

6 pt TDs, its essential you get an elite QB. Also, you have Josh Gordon who could possibly take Dez's spot.
I tried... Dude was asking for WR help so I offered RGIII and Dez for Brees.

He counters with this 

LeSean

AJ Green

for

Brees 

Fitz

alien.gif

For the love of god how much longer could they drag this Josh Gordon thing out. Clearly they are trying to milk this alongside the ray rice debacle for as long as possible.

For the love of god how much longer could they drag this Josh Gordon thing out. Clearly they are trying to milk this alongside the ray rice debacle for as long as possible.
this is a lose lose situation for the nfl. 

you think the backlash will go away if they let drug policy and ped offenders suit up this week, nah man. 

What do you guys think about Mark Ingram's potential this year? He had a really nice W1, but the rb's in NOLA haven't been anything to write home about the last few seasons iirc. Is a high end rb2 too high?

I think this is Mark's breakout year. He's shown improvement dating back to last year's playoff game against Philly. He started out against ATL week 1. Obviously Pierre is still being used in the majority of passing situations, but one has to feel good about Mark also receiving goal line duty. I agree with your assessment for mid-high end RB2.

Back
Top Bottom