OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Half of Hurns' production came from clearly and badly blown coverage. 2 TD and 55 yards.
don't forget the 46 yards he gained on the double move that Williams bit on when Jacksonville had 1st and 10 from the 1.. after boykin made the great play to down the punt there

cary Fin Williams
mean.gif

Forsett tonight at home against PIT or Vereen @ MIN or Ellington @NYG....leaning toward Forsett considering I have B-more slated to win tonight and Pitt's inability to stop the run. Vereen a close second.

Flex rankings for this week:

Week 2 flex rankings:

It's amazing how one week of games can alter so many opinions. Your second-rounder from August might not be among your top options for a flex position this week due to injury or a tough Week 1. Perhaps he's not even on your roster anymore! But for the players who are still upstanding or just standing members of your fantasy rosters, the Thursday flex rankings are here to help. You should know the drill by now: We combine the top running backs, wide receivers and tight ends to form a top-100 list, though it remains one man's opinion and it's recommended that you make your own decisions.

Best of luck to all in Week 2 and beyond!

1. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings: "Wait, Eric, didn't you rank him third in the preseason and last week?" Why yes, I did, but I like his matchup more than the other logical top choices this week, and that's what we're concerned with here.

2. LeSean McCoy, RB, Eagles: If he shares as many touches with Darren Sproles as he did in Week 1, then I might get a tad concerned. As of now, I'm not.

3. Jamaal Charles, RB, Chiefs: He'd better get at least 20 touches or fantasy owners will not be pleased.

4. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seahawks

5. Matt Forte, RB, Bears

6. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Broncos: So a guy on Twitter asked me if he should trade Thomas because he had a "pitiful Week 1 and it's obvious he's not the top guy anymore." Ah, Twitter.

7. Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions

8. Arian Foster, RB, Texans: Just remember, some of the top individual performances by running backs the past few seasons have come against Oakland, home or road (Doug Martin, Jamaal Charles).

9. A.J. Green, WR, Bengals

10. Dez Bryant, WR, Cowboys: There's nothing wrong with Tony Romo. Until January.

11. Montee Ball, RB, Broncos: I really don't care about his yards per carry in Week 1. I care only about the touches. He had many.

[+] EnlargeMurray
AP Photo/LM Otero
After an early fumble, DeMarco Murray finished with 133 total yards and a TD against a tough 49ers defense in Week 1.
12. DeMarco Murray, RB, Cowboys: He was ripping up the San Francisco defense. Just stay healthy, please.

13. Julio Jones, WR, Falcons: Oh, and you stay healthy as well, please.

14. Jimmy Graham, TE, Saints

15. Giovani Bernard, RB, Bengals: Not concerned yet that the team intends to lessen his workload. He'll get enough.

16. Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers

17. Antonio Brown, WR, Steelers: And you were worried about him being covered by Joe Haden. How silly!

18. Alfred Morris, RB, ********: If the guy handing off to him isn't allowed to run, give the ball to this guy more.

19. Julius Thomas, TE, Broncos

20. Andre Johnson, WR, Texans

21. Eddie Lacy, RB, Packers: This rank is obviously contingent on him suiting up and handling a heavy workload, and he should pass concussion tests soon. But be aware.

22. Emmanuel Sanders, WR, Broncos: It certainly is possible the NFL alters its drug and suspension programs and Wes Welker is back next week, so be aware it would affect Sanders. Of course, Josh Gordon could play next week as well. I'm fine with that in theory, but let's remember every NFL suspension is now basically up for grabs to be changed. Believe everything and believe nothing and prepare always.

23. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Steelers

24. Frank Gore, RB, 49ers: Everyone seems to love the matchup against the Bears. It's not 1986.

25. Brandon Marshall, WR, Bears

26. Randall Cobb, WR, Packers

27. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Vikings: So far, so great. Doesn't figure to be a high-volume wide receiver though, for this week or beyond, for those in PPR formats.

28. Shane Vereen, RB, Patriots: Seven rushes, five receptions. That's fine for us if he gets into the end zone, which he did.

29. Vincent Jackson, WR, Buccaneers: Don't worry, he'll be fine. Better than fine. More conducive matchup this week.

30. Pierre Garcon, WR, ********

31. Zac Stacy, RB, Rams: You have to give him at least a few games before giving up. I don't think we’ll be having this conversation next week, though.

32. Alshon Jeffery, WR, Bears: Hamstring woes could keep him from practicing, but for now it appears he will play. And if he plays, I trust him.

33. Michael Floyd, WR, Cardinals: One of the more popular risers of the week. Everyone seems to love him.

34. Chris Johnson, RB, Jets: That's pretty much the kind of workload I expect, and it's enough.

35. Roddy White, WR, Falcons

36. C.J. Spiller, RB, Bills

37. Julian Edelman, WR, Patriots

[+] EnlargeLarry Fitzgerald
Norm Hall/Getty Images
Larry Fitzgerald had just one catch in the season opener.
38. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Dolphins: What can he do for an encore? Well, he doesn't have to quite as nuts, but just see the touches. Then we'll keep on believing.

39. Percy Harvin, WR, Seahawks: As I've said and written all along, make me believe. Early returns look tremendous. Fabulous talent. Willing offense. Just stay on the field.

40. Toby Gerhart, RB, Jaguars: Nothing special in Week 1, but when healthy, the job is his. Be patient.

41. Andre Ellington, RB, Cardinals: Could have been far worse, though I suspect few used him. He could have been inactive.

42. Greg Olsen, TE, Panthers

43. Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots: Enough targets to matter. Should get better. But if you get offered a top-10 guy on this list for him, I'd trade him.

44. T.Y. Hilton, WR, Colts: I appear to be higher on him than most, so take that for whatever it tells you.

45. Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts

46. Reggie Bush, RB, Lions

47. Rashad Jennings, RB, Giants: Terrible game for the team, but I was encouraged by his performance. Certainly has the goal-line carries. And this team will move the ball.

48. Joique Bell, RB, Lions

49. Marques Colston, WR, Saints

50. Justin Forsett, RB, Ravens: I probably like him more than most, but certainly he's guaranteed nothing in terms of playing time. Ravens could easily sign a veteran guy by Week 3, too.

51. Victor Cruz, WR, Giants

52. Shonn Greene, RB, Titans: I still think he'll rush for 1,000 yards. And not this week, though the opponent might try to allow it. The point is, there is value here.

53. Jeremy Maclin, WR, Eagles

[+] EnlargeKnowshon Moreno
Barry Chin/The Boston Globe/Getty Images
Knowshon Moreno rushed for a league-high 134 yards in Week 1. Can he come close to repeating it this week?
54. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals: Be careful how quickly you sell low on him. He's not done.

55. Mike Wallace, WR, Dolphins: Not everyone is a believer yet. Well, he certainly is!

56. Ryan Mathews, RB, Chargers

57. Keenan Allen, WR, Chargers

58. Fred Jackson, RB, Bills

59. Kendall Wright, WR, Titans: Halfway there to last season's touchdown total. I say he ends up with at least seven scores.

60. Torrey Smith, WR, Ravens: The wrong Ravens Smith in Week 1. The right one from here on out.

61. Dennis Pitta, TE, Ravens: Targets, targets and more targets.

62. Doug Martin, RB, Buccaneers: That was mildly disconcerting. But again, don't give up so quickly. Dealing with a knee problem and might not play this week.

63. Pierre Thomas, RB, Saints

64. Eric Decker, WR, Jets

65. Vernon Davis, TE, 49ers

66. Darren Sproles, RB, Eagles: I predicted he'd get more carries than he's used to regularly, but 11 is a lot for him. Has eclipsed that four times in his career. Probably not a new trend.

67. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Texans

68. Michael Crabtree, WR, 49ers: If he couldn't rip apart Dallas, how can he do it to other teams? Well, he can. But this rank is cautious for sure.

69. Chris Ivory, RB, Jets

70. DeSean Jackson, WR, ********: He needs to get the ball down the field, not behind the line of scrimmage. This ain't Philly anymore.

[+] EnlargeTerrance West
Jason Bridge/USA TODAY Sports
Rookie Terrance West wowed the Browns last Sunday, rushing for 100 yards in his NFL debut.
71. Terrance West, RB, Browns: Here's your chance, kid. Or you're sharing it. Either way, a tad risky to trust, as this rank shows. But nice upside.

72. Steven Jackson, RB, Falcons

73. Zach Ertz, TE, Eagles

74. Justin Hunter, WR, Titans: Did nothing to end sleeper talk last week.

75. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers: Fourteen carries for him, nine for Jonathan Stewart. So it's still a timeshare. But I didn't rank Stewart.

76. Greg Jennings, WR, Vikings

77. Jason Witten, TE, Cowboys

78. Golden Tate, WR, Lions

79. Stevan Ridley, RB, Patriots: At least he held onto the football. Baby steps.

80. Anquan Boldin, WR, 49ers

81. Brandin Cooks, WR, Saints: Fantastic debut, but chances are you have safer options. And eventually Kenny Stills will matter here.

82. Trent Richardson, RB, Colts: A reminder that real-life draft position is overrated. Sometimes it's very overrated.

83. Lamar Miller, RB, Dolphins

84. Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs: Obviously the Chiefs struggling offensively in Week 1 was all because he was suspended for the game. Now the offense will shine. (Or not.)

[+] EnlargeKelvin Benjamin
Don Juan Moore/Getty Images
What can Kelvin Benjamin do for an encore, likely with Cam Newton back at quarterback?
85. Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Panthers: I joked that he might be better off without Cam Newton as the quarterback, and the more I ponder that …

86. Mike Evans, WR, Buccaneers

87. Terrance Williams, WR, Cowboys: Still the quality sleeper he was two weeks ago.

88. Kyle Rudolph, TE, Vikings

89. Jeremy Hill, RB, Bengals: Might be the last time you can get him cheap. They're gonna use him. They told us so. And teams never, ever, ever lie.

90. Markus Wheaton, WR, Steelers

91. Andrew Hawkins, WR, Browns

92. Mark Ingram, RB, Saints

93. Bernard Pierce, RB, Ravens: Probably deserves a better rank than this, but I think Forsett is just better and more versatile.

94. Marqise Lee, WR, Jaguars: Watch his injury status, for he left Wednesday practice prematurely.

95. Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Cardinals: He matters in deep leagues. A little.

96. Riley Cooper, WR, Eagles

97. Martellus Bennett, TE, Bears

98. Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Raiders

99. Brian Quick, WR, Rams

100. Steve Smith, WR, Ravens

Others: Allen Hurns, WR, Jaguars; Carlos Hyde, RB, 49ers; Donnie Avery, WR, Chiefs; Danny Woodhead, RB, Chargers; Isaiah Crowell, RB, Browns; Jarrett Boykin, WR, Packers; Sammy Watkins, WR, Bills; Khiry Robinson, RB, Saints; Bishop Sankey, RB, Titans; Rod Streater, WR, Raiders; LeGarrette Blount, RB, Steelers; Donald Brown, RB, Chargers; James Starks, RB, Packers

champcruthik champcruthik - pick two this week .. Alshon vs SF, Vjax vs STL, VDavis vs Chi, Spiller vs MIA ... and the reason for your picks. Making you work today my boy :lol:
VD is a must-start. Here's why: Prior to the start of the 2014 season, Davis went 16.3 YPC last year. In 14+ regular season games, Kaep targeted VD a whopping 84 times for 13 TD. Passer rating of 125.5, damn effective. Kaep constantly looks to Davis between the numbers. Kaep throws well deep over the middle, while Q gets the short routes.

The second spot is more precarious but I'm suggesting Spiller. I don't trust McCown vs. STL and Evans was actually targeted one more time than V-Jax in Week 1.

Normally don't sit my studs, but Jeffery's hammy is a concern against a physical SF defense.

Miami had the 24th worst run D. If Buffalo stays in the game and ultimately wins, it's because of Spiller and Jackson. Not Manuel.

Forsett tonight at home against PIT or Vereen @ MIN or Ellington @NYG....leaning toward Forsett considering I have B-more slated to win tonight and Pitt's inability to stop the run. Vereen a close second.
I wouldn't really consider Vereen heavily unless it's a PPR format. 7 carries and 13 overall touches Week 1. Is that starter material this early in the season for a standard format? I would say no.

Forsett is overvalued because of the Rice news. Pittsburgh is mediocre against the run, but Forsett's not a lead back IMO.

I'm starting Ellington. He's a threat in the passing game similar to Vereen, but a far better runner than Forsett.

who to roll with this week Brandon Marshall or Sammy Watkins?

Brandon has a ankle injury but will play aginst the 49ers

and Sammy is playing Miami

who to roll with this week Brandon Marshall or Sammy Watkins?

Brandon has a ankle injury but will play aginst the 49ers

and Sammy is playing Miami
Marshall, Sammy is not worth a start this early in his career. Manuel is no guarantee to get him the rock, I actually prefer Woods at this juncture.

Although cautious optimism, Marshall played SF in 2012 and had 2/21/1 in a 32-7 loss.

Starting Cooks over Maclin at flex this week?
Mac9 gets the start. Cleveland's secondary is legit with Haden, Gilbert, Gipson, Whitner. Cooks likely isn't running around on them. Whereas the player personnel is weak for Indy in the secondary.

Mac9 gets the start. Cleveland's secondary is legit with Haden, Gilbert, Gipson, Whitner. Cooks likely isn't running around on them. Whereas the player personnel is weak for Indy in the secondary.

But its Brees and the Saints. Cooks isnt the main guy or even the 2nd target and Brees will spread the field

NO is good at getting people open

Jimmy brings in too much focus over that middle

you have to respect NO offense

Last edited:
Keenan Allen vs Seattle, or Justin Hunter vs Dallas? PPR league. This would be my flex, i have jeremy hill as well, dont think he's ready for flex work yet

Spiller vs. Dolphins or Colston vs. Browns @Flex?
CJ Spiller
Pick 2

Greg Olson
Brandin Cooks
Desean Jackson
Jeremy Maclin
ppr: olsen, maclin/cooks

standard: olsen, maclin/cooks
Keenan Allen vs Seattle, or Justin Hunter vs Dallas? PPR league. This would be my flex, i have jeremy hill as well, dont think he's ready for flex work yet
allen, i know its seattle but cobb and jordy still got receptions 

Need help guys..

Should i play Victor Cruz or put in Lamar Miller against BUF. NY Offense has been shakey from the jump and I dont trust that VC will get many thrown his way.

ALSO, do you guys think Minnesota DEF will do good against Brady and his shakey OLine? or should I take Tennessee against Romo?

Back
Top Bottom