OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Do you guys think Alshon will be ready to go sunday night? Thinking about just starting Torrey Smith instead of waiting on Alshon.

Bengals D vs ATL

or

New Orleans vs Cleveland
Saints DEF is more opportunistic. Rob Ryan hyper-aggressive. New Orleans could build a lead, forcing Hoyer to chase the game.

Just heard Roddy was limited again today with his knee.  In case he doesn't go, who should I start at WR2 in a .5PPR?

Marqise Lee vs WAS
Andrew Hawkins vs NO
Doug Baldwin vs SD
Justin Hunter vs DAL
Hunter is the clear choice. "Baby Hawk" my second best option.

Do you guys think Alshon will be ready to go sunday night? Thinking about just starting Torrey Smith instead of waiting on Alshon.
Jeffery should play, effectiveness against San Fran is another question.

What I'm saying is give Torrey the start tonight.

Last edited:
Should I play Antonio Brown tonight? Other options are Allen Hurns, Steve Smith, Sammy Watkins in PPR league. Only reason for my dilemma is PIT is on the road and Big Ben usually doesn't put up big numbers against the Ravens.

Should I play Antonio Brown tonight? Other options are Allen Hurns, Steve Smith, Sammy Watkins in PPR league. Only reason for my dilemma is PIT is on the road and Big Ben usually doesn't put up big numbers against the Ravens.
Brown starts over the options you listed. He posted 6/50 and 5/59 versus the Ravens last season. I expect more this year. For your sake, 6/70/1 would be nice.

Brown starts over the options you listed. He posted 6/50 and 5/59 versus the Ravens last season. I expect more this year. For your sake, 6/70/1 would be nice.

Much appreciated like always. I'll roll with him tonight, plus it'll give me another incentive to tune into the game. Wish I had some brews at the crib though haha

Much appreciated like always. I'll roll with him tonight, plus it'll give me another incentive to tune into the game. Wish I had some brews at the crib though haha
Beer run. I'm about to do the same for some good Oktoberfest. Only way to enjoy a Thursday night game.

My current starter is Cutler, but I see Romo in the waivers. Should i pick him up to start this week?
Romo will have a better season than Cutler. 30/14 TD to INT ratio this season. Cutler more like 21/13. Ballpark numbers, of course.

Romo is 10 TD/5 INT in games immediately after throwing 3 INT or more and losing the game.

Play T. Smith tonight or play Fitzgerald and hope he bounces back?
Torrey lean. This week Flacco said he could catch 100 balls a season. Does that mean Kubiak feeds Smith early, perhaps Flacco forces Torrey the football?

Fitz did have 8/102 in 2011 against a much better NYG DEF.

Thinking about starting McFadden in the flex since MJD status is in the air

yay or nay? I know Texans defense struggled against Morris and Helu last week

Last edited:
Do i start Pierre Thomas over Reggie Bush this week?
Thomas. Carolina has the second best run D in the league from last year, Reggie is getting nothing on the ground. 6th best against the pass so there goes some of his PPR, receptions value.

Cleveland was 18th against the run in comparison in 2013. Pierre Thomas should contribute 90-100 total yards vs. Browns.

Thomas. Carolina has the second best run D in the league from last year, Reggie is getting nothing on the ground. 6th best against the pass so there goes some of his PPR, receptions value.

Cleveland was 18th against the run in comparison in 2013. Pierre Thomas should contribute 90-100 total yards vs. Browns.
thanks yeah my gut was telling me thomas, do i keep boldin as my flex or put reggie down there? (its ppr and I dont have much of a bench)

My current starter is Cutler, but I see Romo in the waivers. Should i pick him up to start this week?
Romo will have a better season than Cutler. 30/14 TD to INT ratio this season. Cutler more like 21/13. Ballpark numbers, of course.

Romo is 10 TD/5 INT in games immediately after throwing 3 INT or more and losing the game.
i disagree, i think cutler will have a better year than romo. 

if cutler can stay healthy, he'll put up better offensive numbers than romo. better offensive system in chicago, plus romo is in a new system and coming off back surgery

Last edited:
Drop TE Eric Ebron for IND's Dwayne Allen or nah? Currently have Pitta as my starting TE :\

Last edited:
i disagree, i think cutler will have a better year than romo. 
if cutler can stay healthy, he'll put up better offensive numbers than romo. better offensive system in chicago, plus romo is in a new system and coming off back surgery
I don't see it, man. Cutler hasn't thrown for 20+ TD since 2010, albeit missing games sporadically to injury.

Romo has the better TE. Dezzy and Williams aren't quite Marshall and Jeffery, but still pretty darn good. Romo has thrown for 90 TD the past three seasons.

Back
Top Bottom