OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

hakeem nicks almost cost me this weeks game. thank god for sproles.
smokin.gif

who should i drop nicks for?
whos available? 

Not sure how I feel about starting the Seahawks D/ST versus the Broncos. Do I look elsewhere?
Did you watch the Super Bowl?
I'm a Broncos fan so yes I watched the Super Bowl. You really think there's going to be another 43-8 game with four forced turnovers, a safety, and a defensive touchdown, let alone a complete Denver collapse?

The Seahawks are coming off a negative point week, are only projected 2.5 points, and I don't think the Super Bowl outcome is likely to happen again which is why I asked since there are other options available
No i don't expect that to happen at all. But the point is the Seahawks are certainly capable of having a good defensive game against the Broncos.

Last edited:

Not sure how I feel about starting the Seahawks D/ST versus the Broncos. Do I look elsewhere?
Did you watch the Super Bowl?
I'm a Broncos fan so yes I watched the Super Bowl. You really think there's going to be another 43-8 game with four forced turnovers, a safety, and a defensive touchdown, let alone a complete Denver collapse?

The Seahawks are coming off a negative point week, are only projected 2.5 points, and I don't think the Super Bowl outcome is likely to happen again which is why I asked since there are other options available
No i don't expect that to happen at all. But the point is the Seahawks are certainly capable of having a goof defensive game against the Broncos.
denver with no wes and a yet to be established running game...seahawks will be fine. 

have mathews and ingram both out for at least a month :smh: leaves me with marshawn, forsett, and vereen as my backs. should i drop one of the two hurt and try n get another back?... marshawn with the week 4 bye as well :x

Nick, I'd do that trade in a second. Only pause is the QB being a flex as well. I'm not the biggest fan of Cousins. Posted something in the NFL thread as to why. Geno's not a bad option (think he had more 20 point games than a handful of QB's last year including Luck/Romo).

I'd do it and put Floyd as my weekly flex.
Yeah I pulled the trigger and accepted it. Definitely putting a few bucks on Geno and I'm still gonna try and get Cousins just because of the weapons he has around him and as a possible bye week fill in/matchup play at the flex. But you're right until either of them prove they can be consistent I'm gonna have Floyd in the Flex. Just gotta hope Palmer comes back soon.

My boys are already crying about the trade in our group text :smh: :smh: :smh:.

The dude I'm trading with has Tannehill as his QB1 (had RG3), and Hyde as his RB2 (had Mathews), with absolutely no depth at either position. But he's got really good depth at WR (Garcon, Wallace, Maclin, Welker, Steve Smith) so he can afford to part ways with Green. They still think I'm taking advantage though :rolleyes.

Sometimes I hate being in a league with my boys because we all don't think twice about arguing and overreacting :lol:.

I'm 8th in the waiver order who can I realistically get?

Here's the team

QB-Phillip Rivers, RG3 which I'm going to drop
RB-Bernard Vereen, Lamar Miller, Gerhart
WR-Cobb, Demaryius Thomas, Wallace, Josh Gordon
TE-V. Davis

Last edited:
Nick, I'd do that trade in a second. Only pause is the QB being a flex as well. I'm not the biggest fan of Cousins. Posted something in the NFL thread as to why. Geno's not a bad option (think he had more 20 point games than a handful of QB's last year including Luck/Romo).

Yeah I pulled the trigger and accepted it. Definitely putting a few bucks on Geno and I'm still gonna try and get Cousins just because of the weapons he has around him and as a possible bye week fill in/matchup play at the flex. But you're right until either of them prove they can be consistent I'm gonna have Floyd in the Flex. Just gotta hope Palmer comes back soon.

The dude I'm trading with has Tannehill as his QB1 (had RG3), and Hyde as his RB2 (had Mathews), with absolutely no depth at either position. But he's got really good depth at WR (Garcon, Wallace, Maclin, Welker, Steve Smith) so he can afford to part ways with Green. They still think I'm taking advantage though :rolleyes.

Sometimes I hate being in a league with my boys because we all don't think twice about arguing and overreacting :lol:.

Trust me, I know :lol: I'm in the same boat.

I traded Forte for DT and Gore. I still have Ball, Vereen, Jennings, West and Pierce so I paid for DT. I thought it was fair :lol:

We're gonna be at the bar on Sunday morning and we'll argue about a trade that went down today until the games kick off.

How are some of you in leagues where knile Davis is still available, dude was drafted in the later rounds in pretty much all of my leagues

Saw this trade in my league this morning that left me and my boys puzzled:

Alshon Jeffries

for

Jason Witten
Kembrell Thompkins

Alshon Jeffries owner is now left with Fitz, D.Avery and R.Streater as his starting WR. Still has Vernon as TE

Witten owner now had Dez, A.Jeffries, G. Tate, and T.Williams as his WR and Mercedes Lewis as his TE

Trust me, I know :lol: I'm in the same boat.

I traded Forte for DT and Gore. I still have Ball, Vereen, Jennings, West and Pierce so I paid for DT. I thought it was fair :lol:

We're gonna be at the bar on Sunday morning and we'll argue about a trade that went down today until the games kick off.
That's exactly what we'll be doing :lol:.

How are some of you in leagues where knile Davis is still available, dude was drafted in the later rounds in pretty much all of my leagues

I picked him up with my 14th round pick,is paying off already considering I have Charles also..... Better defense for this weekend guys Patriots v Raiders or Rams V Dallas???

Saw this trade in my league this morning that left me and my boys puzzled:

Alshon Jeffries

for

Jason Witten
Kembrell Thompkins

Alshon Jeffries owner is now left with Fitz, D.Avery and R.Streater as his starting WR. Still has Vernon as TE

Witten owner now had Dez, A.Jeffries, G. Tate, and T.Williams as his WR and Mercedes Lewis as his TE
Now that's a trade that doesn't make any sense at all to me :lol:.

View media item 1183203
My lineup so far. Decided to start Sproles since Torrey Smith wasn't doing me any favors. WIth the exception of Megatron, my WR's are pretty poverty, what with Fitz, Coleston and Torrey not doing me any favors. Any good waiver pickup suggestions?

What would you guys bid for Geno Smith and Kirk Cousins in a 6pt pass TD league where QBs are flex-able?

I know it's gonna be a feeding frenzy for Cousins but I don't think too many people (if anyone) will go after Smith. I have $180 remaining in my budget. 80 of them are fake money, the rest are real money.

Also having a hard time deciding who to drop. ESPN has Jordan Reed and Jamaal Charles as questionable instead of out, so I can't put them on IR and am gonna be forced to drop someone that I don't want to :smh: :smh:. I need the QB depth though. Gotta decide between Toby Gerhard, Terrance West, and Andrew Hawkins.

Last edited:
Someone offered me Stacy and Hyde for peterson. Should I take it? I'm not sure if ap will play the whole season but Im not a fan of Stacy and stayed away from him in every league

Other RBs right now are gore, sproles, Jeremy hill, and bishop sankey

1st in waivers and going to pick up Ahmad Bradshaw and drop Danny Amendola. Might shop Tom Brady around and see if i can pick up a strong RB2/3.

Someone offered me Stacy and Hyde for peterson. Should I take it? I'm not sure if ap will play the whole season but Im not a fan of Stacy and stayed away from him in every league

Other RBs right now are gore, sproles, Jeremy hill, and bishop sankey
dont do it

I have the #2 waiver priority this week, chances are I get my top claim. Question is, what position/priority would you guys target first?

2 qb/2 rb/ 2 wr/ 1 flex IDP league

QB's - Cam, Dalton

RB's - Lacy, D. Martin, T. West, T. Gerhart, B. Rainey

WR's - Antonio Brown, Cobb, Maclin, Crabtree, K. Wright, Wheaton (dropping him this week)

Thoughts on 1st waiver move - Drop Wheaton for Kniles Davis? or Lamar Miller? or Kirk Cousins? I feel like Davis could have a big, surprise year if Charles is hobbled throughout the season.
Thoughts on then dropping T. West for 1 of those guys if I can get my hands on them?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom