OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Cutler looked verrrry nice last night.
Even with Trestman, I can't take Cutler over: Romo, Ice, Brady. Rivers is debatable, as is Foles.

Drafted my PPR money league w keepers.. Rate it boys.

Forte 1st
Demaryius 1st - > traded straight up to get Lacy
Roddy 3rd
Fitz 3rd
Jordy 5th (k)
Davonte Freeman 6th
Ty Hilton 7th (k)
Cutler 8th
Rudolph 8th
Terrence West 9th
Jeremy Hill 13th
Manziel 13th
Broncos 14th
Legatron 14th
Ellington 15th (k)
So you have a RB pairing of Lacy and Forte after the DT trade? Eek. Maybe a little high on Roddy for me, what were other options at that point? Of course Jordy Nelson your WR1. Fitz your WR2, drops nothing. Hilton can really flourish. No Brazill and Nicks brings relief. A bit early for Devonta Freeman, I like the West selection more. What other QB's were on the board when you selected Cutler? Honestly prefer Ertz to Rudolph, but R8 could be too early for Ertz. Hill and Ellington give you more than solid RB depth. You might end up keeping West, Hill, and/or Manziel next year.

What you guys think of the draft I just did for one of my money leagues that I got the 1st pick. 12 team, 2 pts/5 catches 1 pt/5 rushes (weird I know, never done it before but one of my boys at work asked me to join the league and that was the scoring they have been using)  Dont like doing them this early because its hard to know whos gonna actually be getting PT when the season starts. But whatever, did it when the commissioner wanted to do it and everyone could be present. Throw out any suggestions for guys I should look to trade for. Im not too happy that Trent is my 2. But if he can get back to Rookie form I think my team should beast. 

Definitely want to get a little better at RB and McCown was an auto pick and is gonna be dropped Monday when waivers clear.

View media item 1124270
Luck could be the fourth best fantasy Q this year. Trent risky as a RB2, prefer him more in the Flex with the chance he bounces back. Look to upgrade that position. Sick WR combo with Julio and Nelson. Reed a lot of upside, and CP could flourish in the Flex if he matches the heightened expectations in Minny. I really think your one glaring weakness is RB depth. You could package something involving Cooks or CP.

in ppr leagues cooks will be very good imo. but in standard leagues, he'll be very inconsistant imo

#2 pick in a 12 team PPR

obviously MCcoy,AP or Charles for my first pick

thinking round 2 grab Julio/Jordy and coming right back around with Julius?

or too soon for Julius?
Might consider Charles with #2 overall. He did nab 70 balls last year with Smith, under Reid.

I prefer Julio to Jordy, obviously if you have that luxury to choose. Way too early for Orange Julius, that's how you get crippled at RB2.

What's your guys' take on LeVeon Bell this season?
Same range as Gio, Morris, Stacy. Right after Doug Martin, just before Ball and Murray.

View media item 1125535
Ten man standard league,not feeling my team too much this year..

Jordan Reed is on waivers should I pick him up?
Yes, his value is too high to pass up on. Especially for free.

Foster carries injury concern, wise to handcuff him. Bush's value is limited in standard, same with Vereen. Much more valuable in PPR formats. I would look to upgrade your RB position through trade. Even if you have to part with DT for RB1 and WR2. Cameron slides into the Flex if you're forced to play Welker as a WR2, Fitz WR1 if you trade DT. Williams and Boykin, love those two selections.

why buy the app when you have NT :nthat:
I'll try not to burn out by Week 5 this year.

Is it me or is there insane depth at WR this year? Every mock draft I'm not really worried about that position since there's a lot of guys who could have good years
There's so much uncertainty at RB after Shady, AP, Charles. My top priority is securing a legit RB1, through draft or trade. You can afford to wait for quality receivers. There's a laundry list of sleepers.

whats that app that lets you control all your ff leagues in one app instead of multiple apps?

Drafted my PPR money league w keepers.. Rate it boys.

Forte 1st
Demaryius 1st - > traded straight up to get Lacy
Roddy 3rd
Fitz 3rd
Jordy 5th (k)
Davonte Freeman 6th
Ty Hilton 7th (k)
Cutler 8th
Rudolph 8th
Terrence West 9th
Jeremy Hill 13th
Manziel 13th
Broncos 14th
Legatron 14th
Ellington 15th (k)
So you have a RB pairing of Lacy and Forte after the DT trade? Eek. Maybe a little high on Roddy for me, what were other options at that point? Of course Jordy Nelson your WR1. Fitz your WR2, drops nothing. Hilton can really flourish. No Brazill and Nicks brings relief. A bit early for Devonta Freeman, I like the West selection more. What other QB's were on the board when you selected Cutler? Honestly prefer Ertz to Rudolph, but R8 could be too early for Ertz. Hill and Ellington give you more than solid RB depth. You might end up keeping West, Hill, and/or Manziel next year.
Lots of good keeper WR's were gone when I took Roddy... Allen, Cruz, Andre and Marshall had all gone.

I had to go RB in the 6th there because my next usable pick wasnt until late 8th... Really hoping that Freeman will come on this camp and I think he'll start somewhat early this year.

Brady was on the board when I picked Cutler but most anyone else in that range was gone... Romo off, Ryan was kept, Kaep, Newton, Rivers, RGIII all gone.

Ertz may have been there but I'm not positive.

I just hope I don't end up regretting the DT trade... I know I'm probably leaving points on the table with it but when I made the trade my team was Forte/DT/Roddy/Fitz/Jordy/TY/Ellington/Freeman.... Decided to go with the trade to sure up the RB's and rely on a still pretty good WR group.

Lots of good keeper WR's were gone when I took Roddy... Allen, Cruz, Andre and Marshall had all gone.

I had to go RB in the 6th there because my next usable pick wasnt until late 8th... Really hoping that Freeman will come on this camp and I think he'll start somewhat early this year.

Brady was on the board when I picked Cutler but most anyone else in that range was gone... Romo off, Ryan was kept, Kaep, Newton, Rivers, RGIII all gone.

I just hope I don't end up regretting the DT trade... I know I'm probably leaving points on the table with it but when I made the trade my team was Forte/DT/Roddy/Fitz/Jordy/TY/Ellington/Freeman.... Decided to go with the trade to sure up the RB's and rely on a still pretty good WR group.
Just curious, were D-Jax and Garcon available?

I've called Devonta Freeman the next Ray Rice. Although I still put more stock into West and Hill moving forward.

Brady over Cutler for me. If Gronk can stay healthy, it will help prevent Brady's perceived regression. Dobson is going to cook this year.

I have Lacy well over DT on my big board. Jordy, Fitz, Hilton, and Roddy is more than solid.

roll.gif
roll.gif

I Will be doing another ESPN Fantasy draft tonight NT LEAGUE PM your emails its a 10 team League Snake Draft

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR TEAM NAME AS YOUR NIKETALK ID NAME THAT WAY WE KNOW WHO IS WHO THANKS. :smokin

I Will be doing another ESPN Fantasy draft tonight NT LEAGUE PM your emails its a 10 team League Snake Draft

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR TEAM NAME AS YOUR NIKETALK ID NAME THAT WAY WE KNOW WHO IS WHO THANKS. :smokin
Standard or PPR?

Just curious, were D-Jax and Garcon available?

I've called Devonta Freeman the next Ray Rice. Although I still put more stock into West and Hill moving forward.

Brady over Cutler for me. If Gronk can stay healthy, it will help prevent Brady's perceived regression. Dobson is going to cook this year.

I have Lacy well over DT on my big board. Jordy, Fitz, Hilton, and Roddy is more than solid.
Garcon was a keeper for someone, I'm not sure if Jackson was still there... Its possible.

Yea I hear you... I was reluctant to go Roddy again since he was basically a wasted roster spot for me last year but I figured I'd see if he can get a ton of targets and stay healthy with Gonzo out of the picture now.

Yo the seeds are not matching up. ..

View media item 1124873
the LM hasn't actually set the picks to which they are supposed to be yet , he has the order but just didn't the league yet

[COLOR=#red]It won't let me until an hour before the draft, unless I am missing something.

Seems silly that I can't slot you guys in now.

Not familiar with ESPN leagues so if anything knows what's good hit me up. Thanks.[/COLOR]

So I know he's made of glass but how has Danny Amendola looked in camp? I figure he could be a great buy-low guy.

Last edited:
Rate my team bros. It's a 8 team league which I know y'all hate but it's all my college roommates so we prefer to keep it that way.

8 Team Yahoo, Standard Scoring, 2 QB's starting- Keeper from here on forward

QB- Stafford (7)
QB- Rivers (9)
WR- Alshon Jeffery (3)
WR- Keenan Allen (5)
WR- Andre Johnson (6)
RB- Adrian Peterson (1)
RB- Leveon Bell (4)
TE- Jimmy Graham (2)
W/R/T- CJ Spiller (8)
W/R/T- Ben Tate (10)
DEF- Cincinnati (17)
K- Dan Bailey (19)
BN- Brandin Cooks (11)
BN- Emanuel Sanders (12)
BN- Jordan Reed (13)
BN- Hakeem Nicks (14)
BN- Darren Sproles (15)
BN- Jones-Drew (16)
BN- Josh Gordon

Picked up Josh Gordon from the free agents. If he comes back I'm throwing a party.

Keep the fantasy questions/advice coming. Happy to help tonight, and I have a rare day off tomorrow.

How you feel about Michael Floyd this year, Champ? Seeing him go in like the 4th/5th rounds in mocks && even hearing talks of high end WR2upside, but wanted to get your take.

Back
Top Bottom