OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

i stashed sims so no 1 else gets him. not tryna deal with a headache if he is the goods. same reason i stashed josh gordon. it works cool, if not nbd.

Damn I see some of you in leagues that have 7-8 bench spots. No wonder y'all can stash players.

Not sure how many of you play IDPs, but Posluszny just went down to the IR and I need a replacement LB. Most of the popular options are taken (Kuechly, JJ Watt, etc). Any suggestions on who I should pick up?

I dont see how charles sims is worth a pickup unless its a deeeep league.

And you say this why.....?

Because depending on your league, im sure theres a guy available who will score more points than he will.

So he basically has 5 weeks to put up fantasy points on a terrible team with 3 RBs. In most 12 and especially 10 person leagues, there are better options.

Also, if youre banking on him helping your season.... youre likely not going anywhere anyways.

i stashed sims so no 1 else gets him. not tryna deal with a headache if he is the goods. same reason i stashed josh gordon. it works cool, if not nbd.

And thats fine... if you can afford using a roster spot on him.

Its an opportunity cost. Youre storing a guy on your bench who is not scoring points (Hes on the IR so depending on the league, it may not be wasting a spot) and there are probably players available on waivers who are going to outscore him, which would theoretically make that waiver player more valuable.

I drafted OBJ and kept him on my roster for a few weeks while he was injured, but id much rather have players on my bench who actually play then a couple of "future maybes"

Like I said though, if youve got the roster spots and want to stash a long term possibility, then go right ahead but the guys who are dropping legit players for him are being foolish.

Because depending on your league, im sure theres a guy available who will score more points than he will.

So he basically has 5 weeks to put up fantasy points on a terrible team with 3 RBs. In most 12 and especially 10 person leagues, there are better options.

Also, if youre banking on him helping your season.... youre likely not going anywhere anyways.
I dont see how charles sims is worth a pickup unless its a deeeep league.

He's going to be really, really valuable in PPR leagues at the end of this year and is Lovie's hand-picked guy. Believe me, he doesn't particularly like Doug Martin...he's not even out there for us on any critical drives we ever have. Sims is 100000x the pass catcher out the backfield that Martin or Rainey are. If you're in an 8 team league and your whole team is stacked then maybe you might not have a spot for him right now...but if you're in a normal 12 team league like most of us then he's definitely worth the add immediately.

With RBs dropping like flies.. How many decent to good guys are there right now?

If sims comes in and gets 10 plus carries.. And say 4-5 targets in the passing game (screens or dump offs or whatever).. That's huge

my team's stacked man, sims probably won't ever crack my starting lineup :lol: this is all to play prevent

Last edited:
With RBs dropping like flies.. How many decent to good guys are there right now?

If sims comes in and gets 10 plus carries.. And say 4-5 targets in the passing game (screens or dump offs or whatever).. That's huge

especially come playoff time

my league is deep and anyone worth picking up is scooped up instantly. i know for a fact if i didnt read about Sims in here today he was getting picked up in the next few days by the #1 team in the league for sure. dudes been ontop of things like crazy.

Tempted to start Allen Robinson at FLEX over Mike Floyd, DJax, or Torrey Smith. I gotta feeling he's gonna have a big game.

Ok so heres my roster. Who is worth dropping and picking up Sims for... assuming hes as valuable as people say he is.

Luck
Demarius Thomas
Dez
Maclin
Bradshaw
Ellington
Jordan Cameron
McFadden
Bush
Eddie Royal
Mike Evans
Andre Holmes
Tre Mason

especially come playoff time

my league is deep and anyone worth picking up is scooped up instantly. i know for a fact if i didnt read about Sims in here today he was getting picked up in the next few days by the #1 team in the league for sure. dudes been ontop of things like crazy.

Exactly.. Unless you luck out with a handcuff.. Pickings is slim

Ok so heres my roster. Who is worth dropping and picking up Sims for... assuming hes as valuable as people say he is.

Luck
Demarius Thomas
Dez
Maclin
Bradshaw
Ellington
Jordan Cameron
McFadden
Bush
Eddie Royal
Mike Evans
Andre Holmes
Tre Mason

Either Holmes or Royal. You already have Demaryius, Dez, Maclin and Mike Evans in front of them.

I was gonna suggest Holmes as well

i only picked up Sims mainly because i had a roster spot after dropping Asiata, looks like i gotta drop Stacy soon too :smh:

sad how bad my team has been this year after we all drafted and people in my league pretty much said i had the best all around team. no one has lived up to any of their expectations other than J.THomas. thank god for him

I already have Rivers at QB and have Julio, Cobb, Sanders, Hopkins, Beckham and Adams at WR while having only McCoy and Ingram as my only healthy startable RB's til Fred and Sims come back, so......

My Romo, Beckham and Adams for his Palmer, Tre Mason and Allen Robinson?

Pulled a epic trade today... Traded D Thomas for AJ Green and Shady....

Might move D Thomas in another league for Calvin and AJ if possible!!!

God I hope McKinnon and Cordelle Patterson do something this weekend :lol:

Don't really want to pick both but the stupid cap has me in a bind...

Last edited:
Currently have Ryan and Romo as my QBs, should I make a move for a QB? Theres a dude with Luck and Brady so he might do away with Brady.

Back
Top Bottom