OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Outside of bull **** camp stories I'm still trying to figure out why people think Theo Riddick is good.

Bush is going to be a top 15 RB with ease maybe higher in a ppr.

His injury history is way overblown.

Yea, Bush will be fine. Would rather go Bell a round or two later for value purposes, as others have previously stated.

So here's how my mock went...picked 9th in a 12 teamer. Tell me what y'all think...I personally would've LOVED this squad.

QB - C. Newton
RB - M. Lynch
RB - M. Ball
WR - K. Allen
WR - R. White
WR - M. Colston
TE - C. Clay
K - D. Akers
DEF - BAL (nearly took TB instead)

BN - S. Vereen
BN - B. Cooks
BN - S. Ridley
BN - R. Rice
BN - K. Benjamin
BN - C. Michael

Last edited:
Loved Bush last year. Like him again this year but would rather grab Bell a little later in the draft. I don't see Riddick being a threat and Ebron has been very inconsistent in camp and preseason games, both receiving and blocking. Tate being there just helps everyone else on the offense rather than hurts them.

I am in a standard 12 team league with the #5 pick.

I have been steadily picking Eddie Lacy at 5 in all of my mocks. Do you guys have any suggestions on who to grab on the way back up at pick #20?

The following have been available and I have always led off with B Marsh if he's available at that spot: B Marsh, Drew Brees, Alfred, Julio, Jordy or second tier of RB's.

just and FYI, I've been targeting Julius/Gronk in the 3rd round via ADP

suggestions?

Be prepared to miss out on Thomas and Gronk. They jus keep getting picked earlier and earlier. JT went @ 23 and Gronk at 32 in ny last real draft. Was willing to take Gronk at 35 but didnt get the chance to jump

Loved Bush last year. Like him again this year but would rather grab Bell a little later in the draft. I don't see Riddick being a threat and Ebron has been very inconsistent in camp and preseason games, both receiving and blocking. Tate being there just helps everyone else on the offense rather than hurts them.

And no one is saying Bush is going to be irrelevant. He's just going too high when you can get a guy who will score close to the same a couple rounds later.

I am in a standard 12 team league with the #5 pick.

I have been steadily picking Eddie Lacy at 5 in all of my mocks. Do you guys have any suggestions on who to grab on the way back up at pick #20?

The following have been available and I have always led off with B Marsh if he's available at that spot: B Marsh, Drew Brees, Alfred, Julio, Jordy or second tier of RB's.

just and FYI, I've been targeting Julius/Gronk in the 3rd round via ADP

suggestions?

Personally, I wouldn't entertain the idea of a QB in the 2nd this year. Think it'd leave you a bit vulnerable elsewhere if you did.

I'm in the minority, most likely, by saying this, but...if A. Foster drops to #20, I'd take that risk. At the least, I'd consider it, even if I ended up taking a BMarsh, Jordy, Gio, LeVeon, etc. over him.

Wouldn't consider Morris until the 3rd. If you want an elite TE but can't nab Julius/Gronk in Round 3, J. Cameron is possibly a better value pick in the 4th or even the 5th if you're lucky.

Last edited:

And no one is saying Bush is going to be irrelevant. He's just going too high when you can get a guy who will score close to the same a couple rounds later.
Exactly.

Anyone would like to extend an invite to me? Don't have enough friends and would like to play in a league! Thanks in advance NT fam

was thinking, anyone wanna try a auction league w nt members? be kinda different

Man, maybe I am just trying to talk myself into but am I the only one that thinks Tom Brady can have a Top 6ish QB type year this year? 

If Gronk can stay healthy, if Vereen can stay healthy, he has a year under his belt with his new receiving core...
me too. one thing woth the pats is they can be up by 21 and still throw on you.

I got offered Gronk and Steven Jackson for my Jordan Cameron and Reggie Bush. My other RB's are McCoy, Chris Johnson and Fred Jackson. I think that's too much to give up....

PPR league btw.

Last edited:
I just gave you the evidence. The dude hasn't been an injury concern in four years since he left the Saints. He's coming off the best season of his career. He's playing for a new contract. Ebron effects Pettigrew...not Bush. The Lions have needed a legit #2 WR for years, and replaced Burleson with Tate...again does not effect Bush.

As I said....he's still the second best weapon they have. He's still gonna catch 70+ balls. He had over 1,500 yards from scrimmage last year and averaged 4.5 yards per carry.

Theo Riddick ain't **** but a #3 RB.

Would anyone like anymore evidence?

First of all, why are you getting so worked up?

Secondly, to say that bringing in new talent - who need the ball to be effective, obviously - won't in turn effect Bush's touches is ridiculous. If balls are being thrown to Tate more so than Ebron since I think he has a lot to learn, Bush gets less action.

I'm just someone who can't trust a player that doesn't have a clear role. Meaning the place where you have to draft Bush right now - I'm not comfortable with.

I got offered Gronk and Steven Jackson for my Jordan Cameron and Reggie Bush. My other RB's are McCoy, Chris Johnson and Fred Jackson. I think that's too much to give up....

PPR league btw.

you have both of the better players in this deal, why trade them?

Cameron right now is better than Gronk because Gronk hasn't proven he can stay on the field in 2 seasons. So until he does - Gronk is my TE 4 behind Graham, JT, Cameron

Anyone would like to extend an invite to me? Don't have enough friends and would like to play in a league! Thanks in advance NT fam
I have some room in a deep 14+ team NT league. PM me your email if you wanna join.

PPR league btw.
No way. I'm staying all the way away from Jackson. I'm high on Gronk but who knows how many game's he's gonna play.

Last edited:
I'm in a ten team non por keeper league. I got a trade offer of me giving up Peyton for lesean McCoy. Would you guys do this trade? Stafford, romo, cutler would be available for me to draft and replace Peyton, but my best bet at a rb would be Andre Ellington.

After last night I'm not sure if I trust RG3 to stay healthy all season. I have Cutler as my backup but still, I don't want to have to rely on him :lol:

I'm in a ten team non por keeper league. I got a trade offer of me giving up Peyton for lesean McCoy. Would you guys do this trade? Stafford, romo, cutler would be available for me to draft and replace Peyton, but my best bet at a rb would be Andre Ellington.

Hell no. Don't do it.

After last night I'm not sure if I trust RG3 to stay healthy all season. I have Cutler as my backup but still, I don't want to have to rely on him
laugh.gif
have you ever seen a qb that does not know how to slide. time after time. he has got a better chance getting hurt sliding than getting hit. going back to last year....same thing. if it was not for cousins as a nice backup i would lower my adp on garcon and djax. i will not own rg3 on any team. 

Back
Top Bottom