OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

hows my team guys? 14 team, 14th pick. standard league. Thanks yall.

QB Nick Foles (6)
RB Montee Ball (1)
RB Toby Gerhart (3)
WR Demaryius Thomas (2)
WR Torey Smith (5)
WR DeAndre Hopkins (7)
TE Gronk (4)
K Matt Bryant (13)
DEF Tampa Bay (14)

BN WR Kelvin Benjamin (8)
BN WR Kenny Stills (9)
BN RB Fred Jackson (10)
BN WR Kenny Britt (11)
BN RB Ahmad Bradshaw (12)

[thread="595709"]Quote:[/thread]
Currently waiting on one guy to accept his invite and we'll be full. But the plan for the league from the jump was to get 16 players so if another guy wants in then I'll go ahead and add you guys to make it a full 16.
Damn bro we are going to have a challenging draft ahead of us if we get to 16.
Hell yeah man put your game face on :lol: :lol:.

What's everyones take on bye week does it play a roll into your drafting? I've read how people will draft players with all the same bye week to ideally bomb one week and just play it out the rest.

Honestly sometimes I don't even pay attention to bye weeks and just end up adjusting at the end of the draft. I'm not going to pass up on a player because of a bye week especially if the value is there.

What's everyones take on bye week does it play a roll into your drafting? I've read how people will draft players with all the same bye week to ideally bomb one week and just play it out the rest.

Honestly sometimes I don't even pay attention to bye weeks and just end up adjusting at the end of the draft. I'm not going to pass up on a player because of a bye week especially if the value is there.
I don't think/care about bye weeks at all. Used to in the past but over the last couple years I've been doing fine whether or not my players all had the same or different byes. Last year in my big money league half of my team was out in weeks 9 and 10, and I still won both weeks. If you draft well and are active on waivers, when it comes time to replace players on bye weeks you should be good to go.

Last edited:
keep gronk. ball hasn't proven anything.

drafting peyton is just not a great idea cause his schedule is awful. 

Is Jonathan Grimes worth a pickup in fantasy? I don't trust Foster, and Grimes has looked really good.

Can we set the draft time for NT Legends? Im free sunday so 3 pm is fine we jus gunna stick with 8/24 @ 3pm?

For those that have done real drafts already...where has Gronk been going? In Mocks it has been all over the place but I am really hoping he is available late 3rd round for me...

For those that have done real drafts already...where has Gronk been going? In Mocks it has been all over the place but I am really hoping he is available late 3rd round for me...
There's a huge difference between mock drafts and real life drafts.

In real life drafts you just don't know who's picking who

I got him with the next to last pick of the third round. The guy behind me said he would've taken him if I didn't. 

hows my team guys? 14 team, 14th pick. standard league. Thanks yall.

QB Nick Foles (6)
RB Montee Ball (1)
RB Toby Gerhart (3)
WR Demaryius Thomas (2)
WR Torey Smith (5)
WR DeAndre Hopkins (7)
TE Gronk (4)
K Matt Bryant (13)
DEF Tampa Bay (14)

BN WR Kelvin Benjamin (8)
BN WR Kenny Stills (9)
BN RB Fred Jackson (10)
BN WR Kenny Britt (11)
BN RB Ahmad Bradshaw (12)

Your team will go as far as Gronk takes you. Insane value in the 4th round with 14 teams.

Not a big fan of Ball but I'm not sold on any RBs out of the top 4.

People are so stupid
laugh.gif
fixed

In my big league I'm 9th overall out of 10 so if he's there at 3/4 he will be scooped. Really hoping nobody reaches for him.

How do you guys feel about Julio this year? I have him higher than Marshall/Dez/AJ. Not too nervous about his foot.

How do you guys feel about Julio this year? I have him higher than Marshall/Dez/AJ. Not too nervous about his foot.

VERY high on julio. if he ever plays 16 games he'd be the #2 WR in fantasy. Now with Tony G gone, even more targets.

His injury history worries me tho..

VERY high on julio. if he ever plays 16 games he'd be the #2 WR in fantasy. Now with Tony G gone, even more targets.

His injury history worries me tho..
not worried about his foot, i read a tweet where various accounts confirmed his foot was 100%  healed. 

Julio is a downfield beast, size and speed. could very well be #2 WR in fantasy. ppr scoring he'll be top 3-7

Joining a keeper league that Keeps 8 players per year... 1st year draft is 22 rounds deep. 
sick.gif
 Never done this before but gonna give it a shot.

$25 buy in... Should be fun.

I had the same question (Marshall v Julio), in PPR every website screams Marshall over Julio
Yeah over the last 2 seasons Marshall has been the #2 overall WR in PPR. I actually think he's kinda underrated in this year's pre-draft rankings :lol:. Definitely the safer pick. I just really like Julio this year. He was having a MONSTER season last year before he got hurt. Barring re-injury I think he's gonna cook.

In my big 10 team league I'm gonna reach for him at 9th overall since I don't have a pick in the second round (keeping Charles). In my big 12 team league (also drafting 9th) I'm hoping he's there for me in the 2nd round. The way people draft in that league I'm actually optimistic that Forte or Lacy will be there at 9 so if I can grab him and Julio :pimp: :pimp:.

Last edited:
Yea that FantasyPros one is legit. Devoid of all those stupid picks you'd see in a normal mock draft too.

Back
Top Bottom