OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

ESPN projections are up, that just lets me know we're close to next Thursday
happy.gif

the TE on the colts might be worth a look... yeah healthy Clay is pretty solid. i think he vultured a few goal line touches too last yr

I drafted Andy Dalton as my main quarterback and took Blake Bortles as my backup. Should I be concerned?

I drafted Andy Dalton as my main quarterback and took Blake Bortles as my backup. Should I be concerned?
How many teams in the league? Don't think you should be too concerned depending on how many owners there are

Wouldn't depend on Bortles though. Who are the free agents

Last edited:
12 Team pay league..

QB: RGIII & Cutler
RB: Ball, Ellington, Sproles, Fred Jackson, Carlos Hyde (SF)
WR: Megatron, AJ Green, Kendall Wright, Colston & Cooks
TE: Witten
DEF: Jets
K: Gano

I had the 6th pick, right in the middle

Thoughts?

12 Team pay league..

QB: RGIII & Cutler
RB: Ball, Ellington, Sproles, Fred Jackson, Carlos Hyde (SF)
WR: Megatron, AJ Green, Kendall Wright, Colston & Cooks
TE: Witten
DEF: Jets
K: Gano

I had the 6th pick, right in the middle

Thoughts?
not feeling monte ball but assuming u got him in the third and ellington in the fourth? don't like the ball pick. but if ball plans out, yeah that's a solid team 

Why dont you like the ball pick? lol he got him in the 3rd round. Thats a steal
ball has done nothing to warrant a high pick. i guess third round you can't really pass him up but i'd roll the dice on gronk before ball. the only thing ball has going for him is he's on the broncos... 

I'd rather have Ball than guys like Martin, Gio, Stacy and Morris

And, really? The Broncos are a good enough reason you take Ball. You act like that is a minor thing
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Why dont you like the ball pick? lol he got him in the 3rd round. Thats a steal
ball has done nothing to warrant a high pick. i guess third round you can't really pass him up but i'd roll the dice on gronk before ball. the only thing ball has going for him is he's on the broncos... 

He's the sure starting back for the best offense in football. Moreno put up insane numbers in the exact same role ball will be in this season. Thats why he's a steal in the 3rd round. You cant even argue the value dude

Gronk is a huge risk to me. If I hadn't selected any RB's yet and I had the choice between Ball and Gronk, I wouldn't hesitate to take Ball

im just saying every year there is an unproven guy who gets hyped up and taken early. ball wasn't amazing last year, that's why moreno played. broncos play 5 tough defenses in the first 6 games. denver's offense will probably not be as good as it was last year. i wouldn't take ball over martin or gio, just my opinion 

but sure, peopel take ball first round so who knows

I think we all agree that Ball and Moreno aren't special players. Denver's system makes them extremely productive though.

I've heard the warnings of Denver playing some tough defenses, I don't think that's enough to warrant being nervous to take Ball even as your RB1 in deep leagues. If you can get him as your RB2 you're really good to go IMO.

moreno looked pretty special last year. i'm not arguing with the value in the third round of a 12 teamer. but ball's ceiling is more apparent to me than his floor and i wonder if he coulda gotten someone instead of ball at that pick. lol that's all. 

Baby Hawk or Ridley? PPR looking to see which one should be first priority on the wire. Would be for my last roster spot.

I'm a big Ellington fan so he's starting, but who should I start as my other RB (non PPR league) - Vereen @ Miami or Ben Tate @ Pittsburgh... thx 

Maybe, but in that offense an average back that can retain blocking schemes can look exceptional

The RB that I'm not touching is Gerhart. He's getting some love too
Surprised so many NT'ers are trusting Toby as a RB2 this season.

Baby Hawk or Ridley? PPR looking to see which one should be first priority on the wire. Would be for my last roster spot.
Hawkins. My hunch is Bill has a preference for White. Ridley suffers from fumble-itis.

I'm a big Ellington fan so he's starting, but who should I start as my other RB (non PPR league) - Vereen @ Miami or Ben Tate @ Pittsburgh... thx 
Tate because it's standard. The opening weeks are time to use Tate, before my prediction comes to fruition with West taking over as the starting lead back.

Back
Top Bottom