OFFICIAL 2014 Grammy Awards Thread 1/26

A lot of hating on Macklemore cause he's white...
i honestly have not heard one song by macklemore in its entirety, but i can say that he's "hated" on because he's basically an outsider to the world of hip hop.

he's someone who has benefitted from his "whiteness" in terms of popularity from a mainstream hip-pop  fanbase - an audience who 9 times out of 10 will cheer on a white guy doing something similar to what's known as rap music, but not fully a part of the circle, than someone a little more "down" than say, kendrick lamar

it's not his fault macklemore is white, it's the issue that his whiteness seems to have contributed to a lot of the success he's had while at the same time diluted rather than expanded the genre of rap music.

Dudes in here hating on Macklemore but probably ride dudes like Migos and Chief Keef. I'll say it for the last time! IT IS THE GRAMMY'S, KING OF POPULARITY CONTESTS. To say that dude is trash, and knowing that people in here listen to way worse is ridiculous to me.

Last edited:
Has Trayvon avy...

Brings up color of skin as to why Macklemore won.....

Would have never guessed.

Just peeped Kendrick performance. That was dope af. Plus I think he gave us a new verse at the end... Keep makin music for the ppl, not for voters.

A lot of hating on Macklemore cause he's white...
i honestly have not heard one song by macklemore in its entirety, but i can say that he's "hated" on because he's basically an outsider to the world of hip hop.

he's someone who has benefitted from his "whiteness" in terms of popularity from a mainstream hip-pop  fanbase - an audience who 9 times out of 10 will cheer on a white guy doing something similar to what's known as rap music, but not fully a part of the circle, than someone a little more "down" than say, kendrick lamar

it's not his fault macklemore is white, it's the issue that his whiteness seems to have contributed to a lot of the success he's had while at the same time diluted rather than expanded the genre of rap music.
i see what you're saying about his race helping his popularity but how is his success diluting rap music? i think its great that he is using rap as a platform to talk about issues that are rarely brought up in the hip hop community, and hes also a decent rapper. If you dont like him you dont have to listen to him, but his uniqueness opens a door to a new demographic of rap fans that is great for the genre.

Has Trayvon avy...

You must have a comprehension problem. I didn't even touch on that.

So why did he win?

Because he had the best album?
Because he is the best rapper?

Because he was the most popular rapper?

And why is he popular? Besides the Lady GaGa fanbase?

Macklemore just posted this View media item 769006
My text to Kendrick after the show. He deserved best rap album... I'm honored and completely blown away to win anything much less 4 Grammys. But in that category, he should have won IMO. And that's taking nothing away from The Heist. Just giving GKMC it's proper respect.. With that being said, thank you to the fans. You're the reason we were on that stage tonight. And to play Same Love on that platform was a career highlight. The greatest honor of all. That's what this is about. Progress and art. Thank you. #grammys

1133 unread text messages

Has Trayvon avy...

You must have a comprehension problem. I didn't even touch on that.

So why did he win?

Because he had the best album?
Because he is the best rapper?

Because he was the most popular rapper?

And why is he popular? Besides the Lady GaGa fanbase?
Cuz he's popular. He's popular cuz his two singles were really catchy for a rapper. More so than any other rapper when it comes to crossover pop appeal.

How many y'all bought GKMC?
I bought it, ur point?
I bet you are the exception, all these people complaining, probably less than half people actually purchased a copy.

Grammys had never been a good representative for best Rap Albums

Need to let it go
bought the deluxe the first day :smokin
I bought the target deluxe :pimp:
And I believe I got it the day before the release

Cuz he's popular. He's popular cuz his two singles were really catchy for a rapper. More so than any other rapper when it comes to crossover pop appeal.

It's funny how some of you seem scared and don't want to state the obvious

thanks for the pic help 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

I doubt that the hate has anything to do with race and moreso with his music. We never saw this type of reaction when Eminem was winning Grammy's cause he was actually dropping great and deserving music.

“We’re up against Kendrick, who made a phenomenal album,” said Macklemore, to The Source. “If we win a Grammy for Best Rap Album, hip-hop is going to be heated. In terms of [that category], I think it should go to Kendrick. He’s family. TDE is family, and I understand why hip-hop would feel like Kendrick got robbed [if he didn’t win].”

Someone on the radio had a good comparison for Mackelmore...

They said he is not rap, and should be lumped in with LMFAO and whatever genre they fall in.

I think that is an accurate statement because they are more pop, but it is a pop-type rape that they have with it.

If you go "The Heist" album on the Google Play Store, related artists are:

Flo-rida, Black-Eyed Peas, Taio Cruz, Jason Derulo, Kesha...

They are categorized as "electro-rap" as well.

So many feelings hurt in here over a Grammy.  This **** is hilarious!  :rofl:

I can tell a lot of you dudes are young as hell.  The Grammy's has NEVER cared about hip-hop music, let alone GOOD hip-hop music.  Just go back and look at all the legendary hip-hop artists that have boycotted the awards.  Their actions speak volumes on the state of the Grammy's as it relates to actual good, lasting hip-hop.  

Every now and then the artist that should win gets the nod.  But 90% of the time, it's all about popularity and politics.  Kendrick never had a chance....dude isn't mainstream enough.  

pretty much sums it up

2Pac and Biggie never won a grammy

the Grammys isnt the place for Hip Hop

Back
Top Bottom