OFFICIAL 2014 Grammy Awards Thread 1/26

Kind of surprised but not really. Especially when you think back to Adele and how she dominated radio and the awards that year. But still disappointed.

Scarface spoke about this but was considered a racist for spitting facts...
I know alot of people feel K.Dot and J.Cole are boring but they make music for your soul. That speaks to what alot of black kids feel out here, but lets be real, nobody wants to listen to that, they want turn up,buddy-buddy, stripper anthems. Really got me feeling some type of way that this joke won Best Rap Album...
But I knew this was going to happen...
Jayz I am mad at you something serious, lol..
I love my girl but damn B..

Last edited:
I know alot of people feel K.Dot and J.Cole are boring but they make music for your soul. That speaks to what alot of black kids feel out here, but lets be real, nobody wants to listen to that, they want turn up,buddy-buddy, stripper anthems. Really got me feeling some type of way that this joke won Best Rap Album...

Face is my guy but he's not going gold. I would love to hear Eminem, Jay and Kanye come out and say it's BS. That's not rap music. It won't happen though.

I know alot of people feel K.Dot and J.Cole are boring but they make music for your soul. That speaks to what alot of black kids feel out here, but lets be real, nobody wants to listen to that, they want turn, buddy buddy, stripper anthems. Really got me feeling some type of way that this joke won Best Rap Album...

History always repeats the same thing happened to jazz and rock n roll now its rap and r&b but we will come out with a new sound will always do.

juicy didn't bring the strip club wit him but its all good im glad he leavin his footprint out there
pimp.gif

I agree but it shouldn't come down to who sales more or relevancy in "The Game", this is why that "Control" verse was needed, to get dudes to start having a voice and message on the music they eat off of. I mean clear example of culture vulture Katy Perry( but she still fine,lol). Hip hop is my favorite genre and even though I knew it was going to happen, just tired of how generic this music sounds and feels. I mean the bar is set so low that a song about "Thrift Shopping" won a freakin Grammy..
I can't even..

Y'all really think they were giving Rap Album to Kendrick?

Anyone who knows anything can tell you Good Kid was a better album, but the Grammys don't get much right. The fact that Taylor Swift is even nominated for AOTY should tell you something.

I respect Macklemore's hustle, though.

Back
Top Bottom