OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

I'm starting to think Miami wouldn't have taken Mosley anyways.

Seems fairly clear, they are getting talent around Ryan finally.

Look what they just did to this Oline :wow: :pimp:

Albert 6-5 315, Turner, 6-5 315, Pouncey, 6-5 303, Smith, 6-4 310, and James 6-6 310. :pimp:

Add to that, in 2 years he's now up to Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, Charles Clay, Jarvis Landry, Brandon Gibson, Knowshon Moreno, and Lamar Miller.

And we still have a 4th or 5th to try and add maybe one more weapon. Maybe a D'Anthony Thomas, Andre Williams, Lache Seastrunk.

Maybe they go with a Red Zone TE type like a Larry Webster or Arthur Lynch. (if Sims doesn't get going and fill the role himself)

Our LB core is still going to suck this year, but damn it if it our offense won't be a lot more sturdy. Fewer sacks, better run game, and hopefully more explosion from Wallace and now Landry, along with the steady play of Hartline and Clay.

[COLOR=#red]I actually would love to see Christian Jones get drafted, go to Mike and push Ellerbe over. And then come back in the 5th and get Andre Williams. Would be over the moon in that scenario. [/COLOR]

MIAMI DOLPHINS 2014 DRAFT PIX

Round 1 - Pick 19 Ja'Wuan James OT TENN (19 overall)

Round 2 - Pick 31 Jarvis Landry WR LSU (63)

Round 3 - Pick 3 Billy Turner OG North Dakota State (67)

Round 4 - Pick 25 Walt Aikens CB Liberty (125)

Round 5 - Pick 15 Arthur Lynch TE Georgia (155)

Round 5 pick 32 Jordan Tripp LB Montana (171)

Round 6 - Pick 14 Matt Hazel WR Coastal Carolina (190)

Round 7 - Pick 19 Terrence Fede DE Marist (234)

In 3 yrs, this is either going to be the "Reach Draft" or the "Genius Draft"

I'm hoping the latter

Last edited:
Saw we signed Anthony Johnson from LSU!!!!!!

Miami Dolphins
Brock Jensen QB North Dakota State
Steven Clark P Auburn
Anthony Johnson DL LSU
Demetrius Wright S USC
Gator Hoskins TE/FB Marshall
David Hurd OT Arkanasas
Shayron Green DL Miami
Trevor Mims DE USF
Evan Finkenberg OL Arizona State

Last edited:
After watching Mettenberger games Vs SEC on YT bcus someone told me to, how the HELL was Landry drafted so low?

Sunday, May 11, 2014
Don Jones apologies for tweet
By James Walker
ESPN.com

MIAMI - The Miami Dolphins have fined second-year defensive back Don Jones an undisclosed amount and excused him from the team following critical remarks towards Michael Sam, who recently became the first openly gay athlete drafted by the NFL.

Jones took to Twitter Saturday soon after Sam was drafted and tweeted "OMG" and "horrible." He later deleted those tweets.

Jones met with the Dolphins' brass about his comments Sunday before the team ruled on his punishment. He must undergo educational training before he can return to the Dolphins, according to the team.

Jones apologized to Sam in his first public comments about the situation.

"I want to apologize to Michael Sam for the inappropriate comments that I made last night on social media," Jones said. "I take full responsibility for them and I regret that these tweets took away from his draft moment. I remember last year when I was drafted in the seventh round and all of the emotions and happiness I felt when I received the call that gave me an opportunity to play for an NFL team and I wish him all the best in his NFL career.

"I sincerely apologize to Mr. [Stephen] Ross, my teammates, coaches, staff and fans for these tweets. I am committed to represent the values of the Miami Dolphins organization and appreciate the opportunity I have been given to do so going forward."

Jones was drafted by the Dolphins in the seventh round in 2013. He was one of the team's top special teams players and finished with 10 tackles last season.

"We were disappointed to read Don's tweets during the NFL Draft," Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin said in a statement. "They were inappropriate and unacceptable, and we regret the negative impact these comments had on such an important weekend for the NFL. We met with Don today about respect, discrimination and judgment. These comments are not consistent with the values and standards of our program.

"We will continue to emphasize and educate our players that these statements will not be tolerated."

Jones became the second Dolphins player in the past several days to make controversial statements on social media. When Miami drafted first-round pick Ja'Wuan James on Thursday, Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey tweeted "I can't wait for our gifts he's getting us." The comment was in poor taste following the Ted Wells report last February, where Pouncey and former teammates Richie Incognito and John Jerry were cited for bullying and harassing former Dolphin Jonathan Martin.

Pouncey shut down his Twitter account after meeting with the Dolphins' brass this weekend.

I'm not gonna lie, I felt uncomfortable watching 2 men kissing on TV. I have nothing against Gay people. I just don't want it to be thrown in my face.

I work with someone who is openly gay. Cool guy. I don't look at him as the gay guy. I look at him as Steve.

Back to Football. I google the mock drafts in Jan 2014 (right after the season). Most of them had Anthony Johnson going mid to late 1st rd. I think we have ourselves something of a steal!

I'm not gonna lie, I felt uncomfortable watching 2 men kissing on TV. I have nothing against Gay people. I just don't want it to be thrown in my face.

I work with someone who is openly gay. Cool guy. I don't look at him as the gay guy. I look at him as Steve.

Back to Football. I google the mock drafts in Jan 2014 (right after the season). Most of them had Anthony Johnson going mid to late 1st rd. I think we have ourselves something of a steal!
[COLOR=#red]
Something had to of happened... Drugs or Injury wise.

Hopefully he hits that weight room and shows up![/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]And Another One...
[/COLOR]

Dolphins undrafted free agent LB Derrell Johnson was a four-year starter and two-time All-Conference USA at East Carolina.

I like that they are at least adding bodies at LBer.

With Misi and Ellerbe, we have Tripp, Kaddu, Jenkins, and now this kid Johnson, just need one of them to step up and beat out Wheeler.

Be nice if this Tripp kid turns into the 2014 version of Zach Thomas. 5th round draft pick, that makes team from day 1 as a starter. :nerd:

[COLOR=#red]I agree...

I personally would like one of them (not Ellerbe) to step up to the middle, put Ellerbe at OLB, and go from there. I think it fixes two positions. Keep Ellerbe in the middle and I think there is still a weakness... Camp will tell is Tripp or anyone can step up. [/COLOR]

@OmarKelly: Jordan Tripp is working as an INSIDE LINEBACKER. My jaw has dropped.
[COLOR=#red]
Called it... yes yes. Hope it works out, will also help Ellerbe and kick out Wheeler. Two positions with a possible upgrade.

Who knows if he even stays there, it's day one. With that said... I think that is the very best scenario, for this defense, possible. [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
[COLOR=#red]I believe so.

I think Coaching is where it ends though. Injuries happen with everyone, it will happen with them.

But if there are no second half adjustments, no adjustments on offense, no help with tight ends that are killing the dolphins... it will be the same 8-8 team.

They have the talent... but it takes more than that. [/COLOR]

I was looking at the nba draft thread...Idk how I got in this thread :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom