OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Made on to the solid verbal reverb line
pimp.gif

Last one too
laugh.gif
Just heard you
laugh.gif

@Sorkoram How is Ricky Town looking in Fayetville?

Last edited:
Bama a 1.5 dog to the dawgs

Hmmmm

*edit*

Urban press conference to name starter in an hour

Last edited:
Who would you put Oregon over , of the teams ahead of them? .. besides flipping them with alabama the list seems alright .

there shouldnt be rankings this early period

should start rankings mid season

Ole Miss should be number 1 or 2 if they gonna do rankings

Honestly from the looks of that defense on saturday who do you see stopping them outside of the SEC?

Who would you put Oregon over , of the teams ahead of them? .. besides flipping them with alabama the list seems alright .

Honestly from the looks of that defense on saturday who do you see stopping them outside of the SEC?
ole miss will lose a game

Oregon has been impressive and I agree with you on polls

Word.

Can you name Ole Miss's leading rusher off the top of your head?

I ask to say, they have a great D sure but what happens when their one dimensional offense runs into an equally good defense?

Or are people just overreacting to early results and punditry?

Last edited:
I ask to say, they have a great D sure but what happens when their one dimensional offense runs into an equally good defense?

what defense outside of the SEC stopping them? look at the top 10 or top 15 rankings then look at those defenses... do you see a defense besides the SEC teams up there that can contain Ole Miss on offense?

Ohio St maybe which most have as a title favorite this year

Ole Miss had a coming out party will they be on ESPN 30 for 30 years from now is the question tho

Last edited:

Word.

Is it one dimensional because they simply can't run or because Alabama made it that way? Despite Alabama's back 4 issues over the past couple of seasons their run defense has consistently been one of the best in the country.

I think Ole Miss will lose a game actually because of their defense, some team will run on them gas the defense and keep the ole miss offense off the field.

Word.

Who?  Bama was probably the best D they are going to face in the SEC.  

Michigan St?  They're kind of like Bama.  Talented front 7, but this year is a down year for them in the back 4. They've had to play a lot more of conventional cover 4 this season, because they don't have the corners to play the press version they are known for. 

OM's receiving corps>>> that secondary. 

I think Ole Miss will lose a game actually because of their defense, some team will run on them gas the defense and keep the ole miss offense off the field.
I don't care who your defense is, when you run 100+ plays you're going to be gassed. Highly doubt anything like that happens ever again...

And the offense isn't one dimensional... when you're playing one of if not the best run defense in the country with a week secondary then what do you do? Pass, its pretty simple. We've got some good rb's, only thing i'd say is giving Akeem Judd our 5'11 225lb juco transfer some more carries early on in the game. 

This would have been the week for that to happen. Only LSU remaining has that type of run game. Think Bama controlled the time of possession this past week.

Hot takes, get em early. Ole Miss looks great but they can easily lose 2-3 games on their schedule. Pump the brakes.

yeah thats why I said "outside" the SEC

the SEC will beat up on each other unfortunately

Hot takes, get em early. Ole Miss looks great but they can easily lose 2-3 games on their schedule. Pump the brakes.

I think people get "best team in the country" with "#1 team in the country".

In December/January, they will mean the same thing (hopefully!). In September, they are far from the same thing.

Right now, Ole Miss should be the #1 team in the country based on what they've done. Two blowouts and beating a highly ranked and talented team on the road. Strong resume.

Are they the best team, probably not, they have their warts like everyone else and there are losses on the horizon.

There's no pre season in CFB, some teams stumble out the gates other's don't.

Back
Top Bottom