OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

My choice would be Herman. I think he could be the next great coach, but I doubt USC would go after him.

My choice would be Herman. I think he could be the next great coach, but I doubt USC would go after him.
He's not going anywhere. He's gonna build a powerhouse at UH 
pimp.gif

roll.gif
mean.gif

Question:

How bad is the Syracuse job and should Scott Shafer get fired at the end of the year, who could they realistically attract?

Pluses:
-New AD is Mark Coyle from Boise State.
-Recently built a state of the art facility.
-ACC resources

I'd say it's pretty bad. Can't fulfill recruiting needs in-state. Will be tough to ever take a hold over Jersey, since everyone pillages that state.  Are they willing to spend on a coach? 

Last edited:

Ya'll can have Banner. Road grader in the rushing game, turnstile in the passing game.

McQuay has been inconsistent.

Only thing going against Herman is that USC has already taken two chances and whiffed badly.

Pat isn't getting heat because he's going back to the BoT soon.

You guys can try to make sense of people wanting Ed O, :lol:. Waste of energy.

Last edited:
Sean Payton ?
People want to kick the tires on him and see if he'd be interested. There are some rumors that they already have reached out to him and he's signed and delivered to the Miami Dolphins... But I see him wanting to coach under that Dolphins regime even less for some reason... That's not saying SC is more desirable just that part of the rumor makes me not believe any of it as relates to him.

Last edited:
I'd say it's pretty bad. Can't fulfill recruiting needs in-state. Will be tough to ever take a hold over Jersey, since everyone pillages that state.  Are they willing to spend on a coach? 

I'm hoping that Coyle is willing to convince Syverud that it is necessary to truly commit to turning the program around. Shafer's salary is at the bottom of the ACC at 1.3M.

Why?  Ya'll worried about Meyer's "heart problems" creeping up again?
That would be dope for him to come be HC down the road whenever Urban retires
pimp.gif

But that won't happen soon, ain't like there's anyone in the B1G to worry about
laugh.gif
I know he's from Ohio, but Herman has equal ties to like 6 other states and schools including UT Austin and the state of California (where he played.)

Ohio State just happens to be his most recent, most prestigious pre-Houston gig, but it's not like his dream job or anything.

Football in NYC is improving a lot, Cuse needs to lock that down before everybody gets in on it.

Yeah, some studs have come out of the city the last few years, but why go to SU when you have the Ohio State's and Florida's among other schools knocking down your door. If it were one thing that Marrone did right, it was he tried to reestablish the SU-NYC connection that was gone due to Greg Robinson. It is baffling that Shafer who was hired as a transition coach couldn't maintain it. Recruiting isn't his strength and I don't think he's HC material more of a DC which he is good at.

This season is pretty much lost after the crushing losses to USF and giving a game away to Virginia. I just want to see going forward what these freshman and sophomores can do the rest of the way so that they can build upon it. Eric Dungey who stepped in after the starting QB tore his Achilles has shown a lot of promise.

Last edited:
Football in NYC is improving a lot, Cuse needs to lock that down before everybody gets in on it.

Yeah, some studs have come out of the city the last few years, but why go to SU when you have the Ohio State's and Florida's among other schools knocking down your door. If it were one thing that Marrone did right, it was he tried to reestablish the SU-NYC connection that was gone due to Greg Robinson. It is baffling that Shafer who was hired as a transition coach couldn't maintain it. Recruiting isn't his strength and I don't think he's HC material more of a DC which he is good at.

This season is pretty much lost after the crushing losses to USF and giving a game away to Virginia. I just want to see going forward what these freshman and sophomores can do the rest of the way so that they can build upon it. Eric Dungey who stepped in after the starting QB tore his Achilles has shown a lot of promise.

I don't know who you got up there but you gotta start hiring some NYC coaches, develop 3* that you can get, and start doing some borderline ethical things.

I don't know who you got up there but you gotta start hiring some NYC coaches, develop 3* that you can get, and start doing some borderline ethical things.

After what happened with the basketball program, SU has to stay cleaner than a fresh white t. Coyle brought in the Compliance Director from Boise to see that Cuse stays on the right track.

Last edited:
Question:

How bad is the Syracuse job and should Scott Shafer get fired at the end of the year, who could they realistically attract?

Pluses:
-New AD is Mark Coyle from Boise State.
-Recently built a state of the art facility.
-ACC resources
The Dome is rumored to get a major face-lift too right? 

Cuse should rehire Marrone. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom