OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

I'd be down for it the more big matchups the better. MICH v UF in a couple years. tOSU v Bama in the regular season would be amazing.

That would mean 6 or 7 SEC teams would have to travel north of the Mason-Dixon line in the same season.

Not happening. Too cold for Mark Richt.

Who you cats got this weekend?

TCU vs OU (TCU if Boykin plays)

Baylor vs OSU (OSU)

USC vs Oregon (Oregon)

MSU vs OSU (MSU)

I also got PSU beating Michigan this week

Of all the SEC coaches you could've called out for not leaving their territory, you called out the one that went to f'n Arizona, Colorado, Oklahoma etc choazzup rookie

Way to list western teams in a response to SEC teams not playing in the North.

And that thing about Richt was in reference to this:

@SethEmersonAJC
Mark Richt on Jim Harbaugh's camp invitation to all coaches: “I don’t know how many guys wanna go up there and freeze their tail off."

In a recent interview with CBS Sports’ Jon Solomon, Swinney was asked hypothetically whether he would consider coaching at his alma mater,Alabama, where he played wide receiver and spent seven years as an assistant coach.

Per CBS Sports:

“You don't ever say never. You don't ever know what the circumstances would be at any given time. First of all, Alabama may never, ever call me and I would never have a problem with that. They've got to do what they've got to do. My deal is to be great where I'm at. I had opportunities to leave Alabama. I had opportunities to leave Clemson. But I've just never been that guy about the next job. I'm about the job I've got.”
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...d&_rid=335283.12305.23760&cmpid=emc:fscom:cfb

The University of Houston regents increased Tom Herman's salary from $1.3 million to $3 million. That's a huge raise for a guy after one season. I can't see him jumping ship to a bigger university now

:lol:

shook ones.

The University of Houston regents increased Tom Herman's salary from $1.3 million to $3 million. That's a huge raise for a guy after one season. I can't see him jumping ship to a bigger university now

:lol:

shook ones.

Gotta do what you gotta do.....

Baylor isn't beating Oklahoma St with or without Stidham.

Smart move for Houston. Good for their AD. That won't keep Herman around if a bigger name comes calling, but it's a good start. Strong signal for future coaches once Herman does leave.

Dumb rumor of the day:

Tons of "people in the know" including a dude from Scout claiming Utah assistants told him Whittingham interviewed for (and accepted) the USC job.

The rumors were pervasive enough that Gerard Martinez (well respected USC reporter) had to comment on it and shoot it down.

I don't believe one bit that we offered Whittingham.

Martinez says USC hasn't formally interviewed anyone yet.

Last edited:
It doesn't keep him away from anyone who was legitimately interested and were going to offer him a big gig

USC was going to offer more than that anyway as a starting point. It makes it less of a financial loss if he decides he can compete for a championship in the future with Houston, but the Cougars aren't going to join a Power 5 in the next two years so I don't see how a coach with huge aspirations could see them as a destination.

He's a hot name right now. If Houston regresses and wins 7-8 games next year Texas, USC, and LSU(?) probably won't be knocking.

Miami might.

Back
Top Bottom