OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Dr. Magdi El-Shahawy, senior associate athletic director at USC and director of the Student-Athlete Academic Services program, on Coach Helton:

I know you hear everyone say, oh this guy is the greatest, but from a student-development and academic perspective he’s probably the best I’ve ever seen from a head football coach. He cares about the kids beyond the game. And I’m not saying anyone hasn’t before, but to another level. He sat in classes with his incoming freshmen this summer, I’ve never seen a head coach do that. He’s talked to our personal development program about maximizing their time at USC and not just staying in the athletic bubble. He talks to them about the importance of consistently making good decisions. When he got the job he talked with the whole department about his philosophies and beliefs, and he talks a lot about setting a culture of respect. He’s just a solid Christian man and you want to see guys like that win, you really do.
Some word that Lynn Swann has implied he'd drop Helton if the team is losing, but in reality it looks like he's going to have a long leash. The school president, alumni, and parents seem to love him and last year the team had it's highest collective gpa ever. He's probably here to stay.

*I say that realizing a 3-9 record will get him booted out the door by mid November*

Is Del Rio looking good? Was never sure what his ceiling is.
He looked good in the Spring game going against the 2s. A big key formhim is going to be if Callaway misses games.

They tried to get him eligible last year, Shane Matthews (radio guy) said he would of been QB last year if he was eligible.

I expect him to be similar to Greg McElroy, crossing routes and passes to RBs, take a few deep shots here and there. UF doesnt have the skill position talent bama had while McElroy was there. I think he will do well if our Oline is improved from last season. Coach Mac did a good job of emphasizing the TE last year and i expect that to continue.

You think he would have beat out Grier?

I dont think he would have. Shane Matthews spewing BS. I thought Grier was going to be elite for us.

UF hasnt had a qb sign and complete their career at UF since John Brantley which was almost 10 years ago. Hopefully Franks or Jake Allen breaks that trend.

Penn State complaining about people in the Big Ten negative recruiting against them. That can't be really be that surprising to them, can it?

Penn State complaining about people in the Big Ten negative recruiting against them. That can't be really be that surprising to them, can it?

Have you read their message boards? Penn State is in their own little world.

Did you see the follow up to that? A 4 star recruit who visited penn state/osu/Michigan and I think MSU said penn state was the only school that used those tactics

thats what they get for hiring a dude who went 6-6 with Vandy and thought they got a gem :lol:

Spurrier

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Still, this is a conference that now stretches from Miami up to Syracuse, where basketball is king and football is an afterthought. New Orange coach Dino Babers uttered one of the all-time great media day quotes last week that perfectly summarizes ACC football.

"Sometimes I feel like Syracuse is Jon Snow in the 'Game of Thrones,' you know what I mean?" Babers said. "We've got that whole thing up there. We're keeping the ice people out. All the guys down south are living it up and eating grapes and all those other different kingdoms, and we're freezing our tails off up there and we're holding it down so they can have that lifestyle."

:lol: :pimp:

Jerry Jeudy likely committing to Bama tmrw.

Deerfield Beach coaches handing Jeudy to Bama much like Coconut Creek did w/ Ridley.

giphy.gif

What are they gonna do with those kids when CLK leaves next year?

And what's everyone's thoughts on the seeming consensus that Michigan's window to win the CFP is now and that they'll fall off some next year due to graduating/leaving players?

Back
Top Bottom