OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Relax guru, is it really hard to fathom a 23 yr old ascending 6'2 WR who runs a 4.3 outplaying a 34 yr old possession WR in a new system?

Every report I've seen has said Dre pretty much looked dead legged out there. I've also read reports stating that the GM wanted to fire the head coach last year for playing another dead legged "future HOFer" Reggie Wayne over Moncrief (among other things). If they both get the same amount of targets moving forward, like they did with TY in the game, its a very valid question.

Forgot the names and look at the players.

Last edited:
Thanks AP THANKS! Almost cashed out nicely in fanduel if AP just got me a TD. What are some of your sleepers for next week? I like Palmer this week. 

Relax guru, is it really hard to fathom a 23 yr old ascending 6'2 WR who runs a 4.3 outplaying a 34 yr old possession WR in a new system?

Every report I've seen has said Dre pretty much looked dead legged out there. I've also read reports stating that the GM wanted to fire the head coach last year for playing another dead legged "future HOFer" Reggie Wayne over Moncrief (among other things). If they both get the same amount of targets moving forward, like they did with TY in the game, its a very valid question.

So then why are you asking for opinions?

Highly doubt the Gore owner would budge on that trade.

You'd likely have to pair Jennings + Decker as a starting point for negotiations.

One thing to keep in mind when trading, it's not advisable to send egregiously low-ball offers for guys you think are buy-lows.

They might be buy-lows, they might not be. The owner, not you, decides that. But in order to gauge value, start with an offer that's favors you but is still fair to the other owner.

Else you'll run the risk of alienating a potential trading partner, and that's not the way to do business.

As it stands, Gore was going in the 3rd-4th round in most drafts. And most owners are not willing to give up on a pricy commodity after one bad week.

giphy.gif

How did T. Eifert not get drafted in some people's leagues. That's crazy to me. I tried drafting him in the 7th round and he was already gone. Him and Kelce are like mini-Gronks :lol:

How did T. Eifert not get drafted in some people's leagues. That's crazy to me. I tried drafting him in the 7th round and he was already gone. Him and Kelce are like mini-Gronks
laugh.gif
I was lucky enough to pick him up off of waivers before the week started thank God

That is a sweet pickup. A lot of people slept on him due to his injury last year. He's going to ball out this year.

Last edited:

There's a chance I could be wrong, figured I'd get a more thought out response than he's a future HOFer.

Also someone dropped Andre in my league (10 teams - only 3 bench spots, so the waiver wire is always poppin) and Moncrief is also available.

Yes, it is really hard to fathom Moncrief supplanting Andre.

It's also hard to fathom a GM having issue with Pagano playing Andre over Moncrief when Ryan Grigson (the Colts GM) is the one who signed Andre Johnson.

Andre isn't Reggie, he isn't coming off ACL surgery.

He is still however, looking to find his rapport with Luck. Timing takes well, time. Even for a veteran like Dre and a transcendent superstar QB like Andrew Luck. Things aren't plug and play like they seemingly would be.

I'm looking at the players, that's entire point. Moncrief had a decent line in an otherwise dismal game for the Colts. Good, he was the lone bright spot on the offense.

But again, jumping to the conclusion that Moncrief is now the play over Dre is absolutely a knee-jerk reaction. You can do whatever you want though bro.

There's a chance I could be wrong, figured I'd get a more thought out response than he's a future HOFer.

Also someone dropped Andre in my league (10 teams - only 3 bench spots, so the waiver wire is always poppin) and Moncrief is also available.

So your foil to my response that Dre is a future HOFer is that Moncrief is 23 and runs a 4.3 40, he's "ascending"?

View media item 1713004

He's looking for validation for his conclusion.

The irony in all this, Dre was dropped in his 10-teamer. Obviously a knee-jerk reaction by that owner. He response? Overthinking the situation and talking himself out of potentially grabbing Dre, for Moncrief.

Knee-jerk reactions, check.

Overthinking simple decisions, check.

A knee-jerk reaction TO a knee-jerk reaction? Well damn, check....

Trifecta right there.

Last edited:
Went 4-2 this week. Lost a nail biter last night in one league and just got straight up smoked in my dynasty league :lol:. All of my wins were convincing though. Only week 1 but it's shaping up to be a great season all around :pimp:.

Last edited:
And again, for the nth time. TY Hilton's injury isn't more than a one or two week issue. I've said this multiple times, it's been reported as such, multiple times.

I mean, I know every fantasy writer is fapping to Moncrief's prospects right now. I personally don't put much stock into a lot of those write-ups. They're largely click-bait material that has very little substance and a lot of hype based narrative.

The Colts are going to keep Hilton and Dre as their two starting wideouts in two receiver sets.

Moncrief was working ahead of Dorsett in three wide-sets though the initial plan was to start Dorsett at slot. Perhaps the Colts aren't confident in their '15 1st round receiver to man the slot quite yet.

So they had Hilton in the slot with Moncrief and Dre on the outside.

But for the most part, the Colts like to run two and three tight end sets with either one or two receivers on the field at a time.

Moncrief isn't going to see the volume long-term unless Dre or Hilton suffer an extended injury to be a viable long-term asset.

Looking at your question, Dre vs Moncrief, thinking about it practically, with Hilton due back, who is the more viable long-term play? That is Andre Johnson.

That is a sweet pickup. A lot of people slept on him due to his injury last year. He's going to ball out this year.

Yeah I was wrong about Cincy targeting him, they were looking for him around the end zone all day

I'm 2nd on the wire, hope I get Williams to get a little depth at WR. I have Malcom Floyd and Brian Quick, I'm feeling uneasy about both

Excellent responses, repped.

I've got Julio, AJ Green and J Mathews as my starters with James Jones on the bench so I'm in no hurry to grab either Colts player. I'm always looking for valuable insight to players that might blow up tho.

Yeah I was wrong about Cincy targeting him, they were looking for him around the end zone all day

I'm 2nd on the wire, hope I get Williams to get a little depth at WR. I have Malcom Floyd and Brian Quick, I'm feeling uneasy about both

Brian Quick was a healthy scratch last game.

Coach Jeff Fisher said Brian Quick was a healthy scratch Week 1 against the Seahawks.
Fisher said it was "numbers related", not "physically related."[COLOR=#red] In other words, Quick isn't a top-five receiver in St. Louis at the moment, as he's behind Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Chris Givens, and special teamer Bradley Marquez. Quick wasn't on the Week 1 injury report following last year's shoulder surgery, but the initial feeling was the Rams wanted to give him more time to recover after bringing him along slow over the summer. Quick needs more reps in practice with the No. 1 offense. He's no longer a must-keep in redraft.[/COLOR] Sep 14 - 8:38 PM

I don't really know what to make of the situation, it's a bit bizarre. I personally would wait another week to see if he is once again a healthy scratch. Perhaps it was truly a one week personnel measure and the rotoworld writers may be a bit overzealous in suggesting he can be dropped.

I don't own Quick in any leagues personally, but if you can make the Williams add, then absolutely do it and drop Quick. If you don't land Williams, I'd probably wait a week to see how Quick's situation plays out next Sunday.

Last edited:
Add:

James Jones

Drop:

Doug Baldwin

Devin Funchess

or Dwayne Allen (backup TE who I might drop for Jordan Reed or ASJ)?

And again, for the nth time. TY Hilton's injury isn't more than a one or two week issue. I've said this multiple times, it's been reported as such, multiple times.

I mean, I know every fantasy writer is fapping to Moncrief's prospects right now. I personally don't put much stock into a lot of those write-ups. They're largely click-bait material that has very little substance and a lot of hype based narrative.

Which is why I am going Beasley over Moncrief. Hoping I can afford missing out on T.Y. for a game or two.

Antonio, Larry Fitz and Beasley should be fine in that time frame. And when Hilton comes back, I'll play match-ups with Beasley and Hurns in the flex.

Last edited:
Add:
James Jones

Drop:
Doug Baldwin
Devin Funchess
or Dwayne Allen (backup TE who I might drop for Jordan Reed or ASJ)?

Edit: I wanna say Funchess. Especially if you're already planning on dropping Allen for another TE.

Baffles me that Jones is even still available.

Last edited:
Who should I go after on the waivers wire?

James Jones
Or
Terrace Williams
?

I also need a RB.. Which names I should look at?

Thanks.. :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom