OFFICIAL 2015 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS OFF-SEASON THREAD (Lance, PP, Josh Smith, Aldrich - pretty nice l

Welcome to being a Clipper fan, Wavey and shoeking. This is why I'm so damn pessimistic.

Smh. Clips in 7.

Doc has to stop believing in Jamal man. He's going to have to ride his horses. Matt Barnes looks exhausted. Austin has given everything he can this round. He's out of Juice.

Rockets hit some crazy shots. Josh Smith will never be that hot again. This was just as bad as game 5 last year. They HAVE to figure out a way to stop Corey Brewer from getting going. Dude gives the Rockets so much energy.

And back to Jamal, this dude is literally infuriating to watch. If there are any sucker GM's out there that are willing to take him off the Clips hands, you do it. Even if it's for cash or a 2nd round pick, or a vet big. He's gone from a player I loved to watch, to the most frustratingly predicable basketball player I've seen in a long time....all in the span of 2 years. F that dude.

Game 7 folks...

Welcome to being a Clipper fan, Wavey and shoeking. This is why I'm so damn pessimistic.
This is how I feel. **** man...
The homegirl was asking me why I was still nervous when we were up 17 in the 3rd....After the game I told her that's why. At least we're consistent 
laugh.gif

I can't fathom beating the Spurs but losing to the Rockets after being up 3-1, so come Sunday night hopefully this game will not be remembered.

But this one is on Jamal and on Doc for letting Jamal kill offensive rhythm and get lost on defense. If fans can see this, how can Doc not?

Bruh Dwight Howard had 1 pt in the 4th quarter. James Harden didn't even play.

We gave up an 18 point lead to Terry, Brewer, Jones, and player x  Josh Smith's 3's 
roll.gif

frown.gif

Last edited:

Bruh Dwight Howard had 1 pt in the 4th quarter. James Harden didn't even play.

We gave up an 18 point lead to Terry, Brewer, Jones, and player x  Josh Smith's 3's 
roll.gif

frown.gif

Blake's my guy but he ****** up so much in the 4th. Did not look to shoot any of the open shots. I understand Smith is an awful 3 pt shooter but how you gonna literally let him dribble 4 times and take a wide open 3? It was literally like a warm up shot in practice. Then you have Jamal and Barnes not being able to hit ****. And Jamal forgets this isn't football and you actually have to play defense. I feel for my pops. All he wants is to see them win one ring 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Blake's my guy but he ****** up so much in the 4th. Did not look to shoot any of the open shots. I understand Smith is an awful 3 pt shooter but how you gonna literally let him dribble 4 times and take a wide open 3? It was literally like a warm up shot in practice. Then you have Jamal and Barnes not being able to hit ****. And Jamal forgets this isn't football and you actually have to play defense. I feel for my pops. All he wants is to see them win one ring 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Blake's *** gets so tight in the fourth man. They ice screen roll action, CP gives blake a perfect set up, and blake...instead of taking the open 15 footer, takes a power step and throws up caca at the rim. So scary.

Y'all already know how I feel about Jamal Crawford. Washed ***. He's so bad on both ends of the floor. Matt Barnes has regressed to the mean so fast, that it has thrown us completely out of rhythm. Doc feels like we have to play barnes because of his defense, Jamal because of his "offense." Plot twist: They both are trash. 

As the playoffs have progressed, the bench, and the players on the margins have been a fantastic development for the Clippers. Matt Barnes in game 7, Matt in game 1 of this series, Austin's exploits, Jamal, JJ redick has been awesome for the entire Big Baby and Spencer Hawes giving minutes, things that were not happening at all this season. Before the game, I peaked at the box score for G5 and wondered if the bench and added production was giving us a false sense of security. That is, had they themselves regressed to the mean. Fast foward to tonight, at least through two games it looks like they have to a degree. Austin made a fantastic play to the rim to get us a 3 point play, and we were up 100-88 when he sat out. He should be playing with the starters and Matt and Jamal should be sitting together. Would love to see a 3 guard lineup of Paul / Redick / Rivers more often. At the very least, Austin can get to the rim and is a better defender than crawford and arguably Barnes right now and he can't do any worse than those two as a spot up guy.

What this boils down to, to me at least (I'm choosing to stay away from the romanticized version of what happened. The whole Clippers choked, the Clippers can't win the big games, all that noise. True or not, I'll stick to the actual basketball part of this) is 3pt Shooting. We were the best offense in the league, and took the most jumpers from 16 ft out to the 3pt line all year by far. What this means is that 3pt shooting is vital to what we do and what makes our offense what it is. We stalled offensively because we got great action on series but JJ can't hit, Matt can't hit, and all of a sudden we have terrible negatives on offense and it's just Blake and CP out there. We can't win making 7 3's. We've got to be at 12 to 14 in order to win G7, which means unless JJ and Matt start hitting shots it's over. The wrong time to get ice cold.

All in all, this is obviously not how you would want this series to play out, but The Clippers are by far and away the more superior team. You saw it tonight. JJ and Matt hopefully will snap out of it and hit some shots, and we should be okay. But man this is going to be tough. Still think we'll win in 7 because we're flat out far better.

Someone on the team should lowkey lie to Jamal about when the plane is departing to Houston and leave him in LA. 

CP3 needs to be the Point God he is. He needs to come out with the fire of all the haters and doubters that have always mocked him for never getting out of the second round. It frustrates me to see him become passive when it's killing time. BG is our future, there's no doubt. But CP3 is our present. He can single handedly pick apart the Rocket defensive and get any shot for himself/shooters. Come clutch time the ball needs to be in his hands 100% of the time. Period.

Game 7. Let's get it. :smokin

CP3 needs to be the Point God he is. He needs to come out with the fire of all the haters and doubters that have always mocked him for never getting out of the second round. It frustrates me to see him become passive when it's killing time. BG is our future, there's no doubt. But CP3 is our present. He can single handedly pick apart the Rocket defensive and get any shot for himself/shooters. Come clutch time the ball needs to be in his hands 100% of the time. Period.

Game 7. Let's get it. :smokin

But it doesn't work like that lol like its tough and tiring to go one on one every possession, which is why he played in screen roll down the stretch. You also saw them ice pick and roll completely which left blake wide open at the free throw line. CP was making the right plays Blake has to be just as responsible and make the right play as well. That is, shooting the 15 footer thats open instead of taking a power step and throwing up caca.

That being said, as unbelievable as last night was, I truly believe we're winning tomorrow. We were an historic meltdown away from running them out of the building. IMO we've proven were the better team, and Josh Smith saving their season makes me confident for sundag.

The two days off help big time as well. First two day break since the beginning of the spurs series. It all comes down to winning one game against the Rockets. Very possible and I give us fantastic chances in that regard. Just like we couldn't beat the rockets 3 times in a row, I doubt they'll be able to do it either. Beating any team, let alone an elite team like lac 3 times in a row is unlikely, and I see that playing out in game 7.

My last final is tonight. Plenty of time to drive him to the airport after.

What a comeback man, that was incredible. One of the greatest comebacks I've ever seen with the season on the line, on the road. Just the stuff of legemd and folklore. I'm obviously hot :lol: but from an nba perspective that was just incredible stuff.

Y'all keep talking about offense, offense and offense. The real issue last nite and for the majority of the season has been the defense. The Clippers have been God like on offense this series but all that was doing was masking how bad the defense has been this series. Dudes are overhelping constantly.

Last edited:
Y'all keep talking about offense, offense and offense. The real issue last nite and for the majority of the season has been the defense. The Clippers have been God like on offense this series but all that was doing was masking how bad the defense has been this series. Dudes are overhelping constantly.

Our offense feeds our defense though. When we were smacking them in games 3&4 we were getting consecutive stops because we were scoring the ball at an efficient clip. Its incredibly hard to continue to defend if we arent making shots.

Our offense feeds our defense though. When we were smacking them in games 3&4 we were getting consecutive stops because we were scoring the ball at an efficient clip. Its incredibly hard to continue to defend if we arent making shots.

Yup. How many of those long rebounds/missed layups turned into easy points for Houston in the 4th? You score, you give your defense a chance to set up. CP3 will show up Sunday. I'm worried about evrybody else doe.

Yup. How many of those long rebounds/missed layups turned into easy points for Houston in the 4th? You score, you give your defense a chance to set up. CP3 will show up Sunday. I'm worried about evrybody else doe.

i think they show up too. rivers crawford and redick can't be cold 3 games straight. clips gonna break my heart in person :frown:

But it doesn't work like that lol like its tough and tiring to go one on one every possession, which is why he played in screen roll down the stretch. You also saw them ice pick and roll completely which left blake wide open at the free throw line. CP was making the right plays Blake has to be just as responsible and make the right play as well. That is, shooting the 15 footer thats open instead of taking a power step and throwing up caca.

That being said, as unbelievable as last night was, I truly believe we're winning tomorrow. We were an historic meltdown away from running them out of the building. IMO we've proven were the better team, and Josh Smith saving their season makes me confident for sundag.

The two days off help big time as well. First two day break since the beginning of the spurs series. It all comes down to winning one game against the Rockets. Very possible and I give us fantastic chances in that regard. Just like we couldn't beat the rockets 3 times in a row, I doubt they'll be able to do it either. Beating any team, let alone an elite team like lac 3 times in a row is unlikely, and I see that playing out in game 7.

I completely agree with you on the BG jumpshot. I guess my initial thoughts were a bit jumbled and were misunderstood. The P&R is so effective and I just want CP3 to take that shot more often then just always looking to set up. I fully trust in CP3 to make the best decision each play but I just want him to be more aggressive.

Let's get the W on Sunday. :smokin

i think they show up too. rivers crawford and redick can't be cold 3 games straight. clips gonna break my heart in person :frown:

You don't believe this :lol:

But the fact that you are going to be there is dopeee :pimp: can only imagine how the TC is going to be for a game 7 after being down 3-1. Will be on 10

Last edited:
Exactly, in particular JJ redick.

I and a few others have alluded to this, he is the x factor. He's our pg off of the ball. Our offense flows because of his movement and actions. His 3 point shooting and movement is invaluable to what we do. It's almost to the point where I truly do feel like we go as he goes. CP3 was 0/7 in game 6 against SAS, Blake was playing awfully, but we were still right there because of JJ Redick. He is the difference.

He plays well, we win. He doesn't, we'll probably lose. 

Yo, you, and rockets fans in general, are good in my book but if you don't get the hell outta here with reverse jinx you gonna have to see me with the hands.

Took that L hard last night, bros. Had me snapping at my wife and son when the **** was hitting the fan in the 4th quarter. Not cool. Had to check out of all things basketball for a while and get some perspective back. My expectations are low for Sunday, but whatever. We win, great. We lose, life will go on.

Back
Top Bottom