OFFICIAL 2015 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS OFF-SEASON THREAD (Lance, PP, Josh Smith, Aldrich - pretty nice l

The issue with Jamal is, what he's bad at puts you in an incredibly tough position, especially with how the roster is constructed. And what he's good at, doesn't outweigh what he's bad at.

Every night, you literally hope that you survive his horrific defensive outputs and that his offensive exploits don't hurt you. The wing stable for us is already depleted from a defender perspective, we can't have someone in that stable who can't defend, and hijacks the offense and isn't good enough to do that in a semi efficient fashion.

I'm fully on-board with Jamal moving on. Great guy, can give you some amazing moments, but is not close to what the team needs to get it to the next level.

I'm fully on-board with Jamal moving on. Great guy, can give you some amazing moments, but is not close to what the team needs to get it to the next level.
It's weird to me.

The NBA, or at least it's fans has this insane infatuation with inefficient 6th men who are deemed as some sort of microwave, or an essential part of a great bench when that just isn't the case at all.

Look at the Cavs, Atlanta, GSW, Houston, San Antonio, past championship teams, almost NON of them have this type of high octane / inefficient scorer coming off the bench. It's just not a recipe for deep success and it's really overvalued. 

He's a really great guy, I can attest to that. One of the coolest people you will ever meet. But if we're seriously trying to build a championship team here moving forward, then I can't fathom a scenario where he could be a viable participant on the team. 

Was thinking about it and, even though we didn't advance to the WCF, technically, this was still our best season ever. We never won more than 2 games in the second round before. :rolleyes

Was thinking about it and, even though we didn't advance to the WCF, technically, this was still our best season ever. We never won more than 2 games in the second round before.
eyes.gif
Sorry to bust your bubble, but we got to Game 7 in 2006 vs the Suns 
frown.gif

But for this era, yeah your right.  

2015 NBA 5th place champions 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
Sorry to bust your bubble, but we got to Game 7 in 2006 vs the Suns :frown:

But for this era, yeah your right.  

2015 NBA 5th place champions :stoneface: :lol: :stoneface:

You are correct. I forgot we won game 6 at home after we blew game 5 in Phoenix.

This was the only season where I started to think we could actually win it all, though. For that, I am grateful.

Paul Pierce? :nerd:

I heard. If it happens, my money is on him coming in a form of a trade so he keeps his MLE money, the Clippers keep their Mini MLE and WAS gets something out of it.

I could see it being Barnes or Crawford plus Wilcox.

Last edited:
Random, but I wish we could get James Johnson from the Raptors.

He's exactly what he need.

Last edited:
If we can figure out a way to get Pierce while getting rid of Jamal I'd be thrilled. Spencer Hawes can't be any worse next year, can he?

Give me an athletic big and I'm set. Big baby is just too fat, man.

If we can figure out a way to get Pierce while getting rid of Jamal I'd be thrilled. Spencer Hawes can't be any worse next year, can he?

Give me an athletic big and I'm set. Big baby is just too fat, man.

That's where I am on Hawes. Give him another shot. I feel like we gave up too early on Dudley and don't want to make that mistake again.

That can especially be the case when an athlete is then immediately asked a question about his team being cursed, but Blake Griffin managed to answer thoughtfully after the Clippers lost in the Western Conference Semifinals, providing perspective on how far they’ve come in just a few years.

“The Clipper curse when I first got here was No. 1 picks getting hurt, not working out; their draft picks not working out, not making the playoffs, not having winning seasons,” Griffin said. “No one talked about not getting past the second round. Not a single soul talked about that, but now, that’s what everybody talks about. Just like the last one, we’re going to bust through this one.”

Blake :nthat: (just figure out those tight 4th quarters, bro).

upgrade your bench and you guys should be okay to compete with the Warriors,,im a Laker fan ,,we gonna have a long at least 3 to 4 years of rebuilding :rolleyes

Agreed. For all his deficiencies, we're not going to find another C (or combination of Cs) that will equal what he gives.
My sentiments pretty much.

Only one team can win the championship every year. So, the fact that we've won 55 plus games for four straight years means something to me. When you are consistently a top 5 team in the NBA, and your core is 26, 27, and 30 you continue to roll the dice with that. There's something to be said about continuity, and consistency. If we never win a chip with this core that will be a dissapointment, but until then you build around the core, continue to be elite in the regular season, and then hope certain things fall your way in the postseason. 

Tyson Chandler and Aminu or Deandre alone?

I think if Deandre leaves that's what is going to happen.

Definitely wouldn't be my preference since Tyson is clearly in decline, but I could live with it as a consolation prize if DJ decides to walk.

Back
Top Bottom