OFFICIAL 2015 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS OFF-SEASON THREAD (Lance, PP, Josh Smith, Aldrich - pretty nice l

Unless we start performing better against good teams, we could actually find ourselves out of the playoff picture entirely. Our February schedule is rough. Only like one or two games against non-playoff teams. We have the Rockets and Grizz twice each. Mavs, Raptors, etc.

If we hand the Celtics a lottery pick for the privilege to have Doc run our team to the ground :x :smh: :x

Maybe it's the lack of a coherent system, but on a more abstract level, the team this year seems to have no kind of swagger factor at all. In the prior two seasons, they at least seemed to believe they could beat any other team. I don't get that sense this year. That's why, when things start going badly in a given game, we don't respond well at all. Like last night and against the Raptors. The other good teams can sense it and get even more aggressive.

It used to be that, in those times, CP would take over and right the ship. But he doesn't seem as capable of doing that anymore.!

Was going to allude to that in my post. They are a fragile team that right now are front runners. They look awesome and fluid when **** is going good. But when it hits the fan, they don't respond well to adversity at all. It's like everything goes to **** now and they revert back to long Crawford 3's or some Blake caca under the basket.

jbk14mv10 ‏@jbk14mv10 · 57s57 seconds ago
Are the Clippers in trouble, even with so much basketball to be played? http://cbsprt.co/1tMcz4e via @cbssports

Defense is not our only problem. Our offensive stats overall are good, but not surprisingly, according to this article, we've been pretty bad offensively in "clutch" situations.

jbk14mv10 ‏@jbk14mv10 · 57s57 seconds ago
Are the Clippers in trouble, even with so much basketball to be played? http://cbsprt.co/1tMcz4e via @cbssports

Defense is not our only problem. Our offensive stats overall are good, but not surprisingly, according to this article, we've been pretty bad offensively in "clutch" situations.

:lol: yup

Was going to allude to that in my post. They are a fragile team that right now are front runners. They look awesome and fluid when **** is going good. But when it hits the fan, they don't respond well to adversity at all. It's like everything goes to **** now and they revert back to long Crawford 3's or some Blake caca under the basket.

I know it was the Lakers, but there was some encouraging things about the game last night. The team just seemed much more engaged and intense than they have been lately, especially Blake and CP.

Hope we see that same kind of energy against the Mavs on Saturday.

Last edited:
Roger Leenders ‏@RLeendersNBA · 16m16 minutes ago
There are currently 2 forwards in the NBA averaging 5 or more assists; @KingJames & @blakegriffin32. Griffin just keeps expanding his game.

:smokin

Blake Show.

Last edited:
Clippers were never not a first round exit (2nd at most) this season. Didn't think we'd perform this poorly vs top teams but this about where I expected the team to be.

Come home guys. Just realize we're frauds and it'll make it easier tk enjoy the games :lol:

Clippers were never not a first round exit (2nd at most) this season. Didn't think we'd perform this poorly vs top teams but this about where I expected the team to be.

Come home guys. Just realize we're frauds and it'll make it easier tk enjoy the games :lol:

I think it would be best for the team to let DJ walk. Split that money between a serviceable big and wing player and I think we'd be better for it. I love DJ and what he brings but in clutch situations his lack of Offense outweighs his defense/rebounding. I hope someone throws near max money at him. Let him flourish :pimp:

And I'm glad I'm not the only person that hates Farmar.

-edit-

i hit quote insteas kf edit lol

Last edited:
I think it would be best for the team to let DJ walk. Split that money between a serviceable big and wing player and I think we'd be better for it. I love DJ and what he brings but in clutch situations his lack of Offense outweighs his defense/rebounding. I hope someone throws near max money at him. Let him flourish :pimp:

-edit-

HATE FARMAR.

I can't see it. I think you got it all backwards. Clutch situations why would we be looking to DJ for offense? He's the only one grabbing rebounds out there. I hope he takes a cut to stick with the team.

-edit-

HATE FARMAR.

I can't see it. I think you got it all backwards. Clutch situations why would we be looking to DJ for offense? He's the only one grabbing rebounds out there. I hope he takes a cut to stick with the team.

I mean in clutch situations the other team is playing 5 on 4 defense on us. It's more difficult to score when he literally can't do anything but dunk. Teams don't have to account for him. For example, if Hawed was out there, at least you could have him 12 ft on the baseline to clear the paint for CP3 to penetrate. And if you do choose to sub Hawes in in those situations then what's the point of keeping DJ? Especially at 12+ mil a year which he will be offered by some team. We could put that money to better use imo.

Austin Rivers > Farmar

Would have liked to see a more significant upgrade though :lol: :lol: but whatever.

Good solid win over Dallas. Hopefully, the LAL game kick started something for us as far as how we are playing.

Sidetone: If any of you guys go to the games this year, stop by the silent auction table and say whaddup one time :lol: :lol:

Am I wrong or have we sucked in all the games we've worn the baby blue unis?

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi · 11h11 hours ago
Dahntay Jones is joining the Clippers on a 10-day deal after scoring 30 points tonight for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants.

This is a reasonable 10 day signing. Jones plays good D and has some toughness too him. Things we need. We'll see how it works out.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi · 36m36 minutes ago
The Clippers are 7–10 this season against teams currently with winning records, including a 1–6 mark in road games versus winning teams.

:x :smh: :stoneface:

The dohntay signing is a worthy gamble. Provides some adequate wing defense. His age and ability on offense however is in question. Still a solid gamble for 10 days. Like what he brings.

And I also feel like we're okay. As ambitious as this sounds, I still see this team as true title contenders. They'll find their stride. They are 25-13. Literally on this date last year they were 26-13. We haven't faired well against the elite this year so far, but we still have a lot of season left. Love the fact that we are 25-13 while not playing our best ball as a whole.

Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM · 22m22 minutes ago
Hearing Nets continue to talk to teams about Brook Lopez. Sources say Miami has shown a strong interest.

I don't think the salaries match anyway, but would we be better with Lopez than DJ? (Assuming Lopez could stay healthy).

That interior defense would be horrific. Also our rebounding may suffer as well (Although Blake was a prolific glass eater before DJ's ascent with the boards)

Interesting proposition that I would be split on I probably wouldn't do it. Clips defense would be worse considerably with Lopez.

That interior defense would be horrific. Also our rebounding may suffer as well (Although Blake was a prolific glass eater before DJ's ascent with the boards)

Interesting proposition that I would be split on I probably wouldn't do it. Clips defense would be worse considerably with Lopez.

Yeah, on balance, it probably isn't worth it. For all the reasons you said, plus there really is no assurances that Lopez can stay healthy, whereas DJ, above anything else, is durable.

Best win of the season. Loved what I saw on both ends of the floor, especially defensively. Attention to detail with lillard was awesome for most of the game. That purpose on that end of the floor that we played with is championship level defense. Have to find a way to be that way consistently. Showed some fight and spirit on the road, which has been missing all year when we get behind in a hostile environment.

It is also by no coincidence that the bench got shortened big time tonight. Going forward, I like this rotation much better obviously. Farmar with I think his first DNP of the year. He may be traded by this time next week.

11 of the next 15 on the road. This will tell us everything we want to know about this team. Looking forward to seeing how these guys respond on this road trip, which I think they'll respond positively.

Last edited:
Portland is another annoying team.

Memphis, Golden State, and Portland. **** them all. Great win considering Blake had a bad shooting night.

Back
Top Bottom