OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are they gonna hide Terry on?

Klay or Barnes will both kill him. :lol:

Might as well start Harden at the 1 with Brewer at the 2.

Could happen. Look what happened when McHale switched it up last series and made Josh Smith the starting PF.

But the bench for the Clippers was terrible. By all empirical data, they had the worst bench in the league this year by far. They won 56 games because they had the best starting 5 in the league. This is a huge issue when you get into the playoffs and have to play the elite night in and night out.

So while bench players aren't great, but aren't terrible premise is true...it isn't true in this case. They absolutely were terrible, but uncharacteristically gave some much needed punch in the postseason until games 5-7 against Houston. 

All I'm saying is JJ Redick / Rivers / Matt Barnes / Crawford's downward spiral over the past 3 games had a huge effect on the outcome of that series and probably more so than CP3 "choking," which he didn't.

Ska my guy but he got dementia right now.

"SuWoop Harden" 
laugh.gif

Paul and Blake choked, his stat padding yesterday when the game was out of reach and not stopping the bleeding in the 4th of Game 6 along with Blakes's continued ineptitude in the 4th was huge. When the role players struggle the stars are supposed to step up. They didn't.

if i remember correctly, the clips cut it down to 3 early in the third, yet, they let it get out of hand again :smh:
basically, a brand new gm, yet they couldnt take advantage of that

Last edited:
Paul and Blake choked, his stat padding yesterday when the game was out of reach and not stopping the bleeding in the 4th of Game 6 along with Blakes's continued ineptitude in the 4th was huge. When the role players struggle the stars are supposed to step up. They didn't.
will u guys stop arguing with people who say stuff like this? it doesnt even begin to make sense. rockets (ariza) would hit a 3 cp3 would come right back and answer it half the time. cp3 cnt stop the bleeding by himself if they can stop the rockets on defense. stat padding? really? 

CP3 didn't really "stat pad" yesterday though. He was there for the entire game. The reason why we made a run in the beginning of the 3rd, and late in the 4th was because of him. Could he have been more aggressive in the first half? Maybe, but Austin had 3 fouls and he wasn't sitting. This is where depth was an issue and even then he performed well.

Blake absolutely was a no show however.

So he could have done more earlier right? What about the 4th of Game 6? Oh I forgot he's only 6'0".

Stats lie 26 and 10 but not an impactful game in the least. I'm sure that PEE looked great though.

Last edited:
Your not going to get a big game out of Big Baby.

But if Austin Rivers can have a stretch of good games, then it's on him, the coach, and honestly the PG to sustain his production.

It's not on CP/Doc to get a 18-board game out of Glen Davis. That's not happening.

But if a guy can be terrible then spaz out then be terrible, the problem isn't that he needs to be replaced with someone who can spaz out all the time. That replacement would be a starter. The problem is that the current roster, including the leaders on and off the floor, need to maintain a winning formula.

Winners do that; unwinners don't.

Clippers lost this series in game 6 man, they had no shot mentally yesterday

Their role players finally hit a cold streak which was to be expected.

Blake been playing hot potato in the 4th quarters for a while now

CP3 is the easy target here (and some is deserved) but not for yesterday, dude played his heart out on both ends. it just wasn't enough

This "Never repeated" thing is so dumb

It's a relevant criticism tho

CP3 didn't really "stat pad" yesterday though. He was there for the entire game. The reason why we made a run in the beginning of the 3rd, and late in the 4th was because of him. Could he have been more aggressive in the first half? Maybe, but Austin had 3 fouls and he wasn't sitting. This is where depth was an issue and even then he performed well.

Blake absolutely was a no show however.

To them if you dont win, it is stat padding, even if you lose by 1 you are stat padding

So he could have done more earlier right? What about the 4th of Game 6? Oh I forgot he's only 6'0".
If you're watching the fourth you see that the rockets were soft doubling / icing every screen roll that Paul was in. He was making the right decisions but Blake wasn't converting, as well as Redick and others.

i dont think cp3 choked. blake shrank in the big moment. but chris paul stood strong. he put it all out there. jj wasn't making the 3s he tpically makes. jamal was more off than on. barnes didn't have hardly any output in the last few games compared to the 3 wins and the last series. rockets bench was much better.

i can't put this loss on cp3. i'll still make fun of him for losing because there's no i in team, only in win. but if we're legit pointing fingers, i'd point to him last. well second to last, I'll never hate on anybody named Lester.

CP hit a meaningless shot at the buzzer of game 6. He was a no show in the 4th. The Rockets played the pick n roll similarly as they did earlier in the series. CP has a bit of the Rondo syndrome of looking for the assist instead of being aggressive when he has a clear mismatch on him ie. Terry. He did it far too often this postseason, luckily it didn't cost them in the Spurs series.

Why didnt Doc just let CP3 take Terry one on one instead of putting him in the pick n roll where the Rockets forced the ball out of his hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom