OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

You the same guy who thinks teams don't need coaches though. Whose opinion you think is respectable in regard to CP's worth, means nada. Nada.

I never said teams don't need coaches dude what 
laugh.gif
Of course teams need coaches and coaching is vital when it comes to winning. The perception of who is a good coach is just largely based on media narrative and not how well someone can actually coach.

Seven years ago dantoni was a coaching God that revolutionized the game. Now no team wants to touch him

Two years ago thibs was widely considered a top 3 coach but now people are starting to see how average he is

Doc was considered a great coach and the key to getting the clippers over the hump. In the past couple years he's been out coached by Kevin mchale and Scott brooks two guys who are widely reguarded as clueless idiots. Now everyone knows how much of a fraud doc is

Even pop cost his team a championship due to his poor coaching two years ago and lost this year because of his hack a Jordan foolishness.

people were hyping spo up to be the next great coach but as soon as lebron leaves he's a nobody

teams need coaching but the public perception of how a "good coach" will beat a "bad coach" every time is largely false. 

To be fair, most of the stuff I said in this thread today in regards to CP was me entertaining the discussion because I needed to pass time in class 
laugh.gif
Yea I didn't get to catch up on the thread today, that comment I quoted was the first one on my screen on mobile, so I started there, then immediately realized it didn't want to catch up on the thread, because I was afraid it'd be 13 pages of that. 

It really wasn't directed at you at all, in any way, you just happened to be mentioned in the post I quoted, that's all. You brought yourself into it, really. 

I was with you until your comment about spo.
It's not that spo is a bad coach. Just that all the hype he got from media sources is gone. He's the same coach he was during the championship years but the media only cares about flavour of the month coaches

It's not that spo is a bad coach. Just that all the hype he got from media sources is gone. He's the same coach he was during the championship years but the media only cares about flavour of the month coaches
He's the same coach, just without Ray Allen, Lebron James, Bosh for most of this year, etc.

The best players go along way in how great a coach is perceived to be, warranted or not. This in a nutshell is why I think to a degree, coaching in the NBA is a tad bit overrated. 

This isn't to say that coaching isn't important, it just isn't as important as people make it out to be.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh people still talking about CP3? i'm boutta be out just Glad, other point gods aren't in discussion even tho they play tommorow

I see the points you guys are trying to make but I don't think using spo is the best example.

I kinda read sea man's post real quick but I feel like you can make that argument just about anything. Media perception plays a huge part in what the general population thinks. A skill (to think for themselves) not a lot of people weren't taught or have naturally IMO.

Last edited:
Chris Paul defense team up early today I see.

There's no saving your choke boy. Don't even bother trying. Guy sucks, has always sucked, and will continue to suck.

He's the Carmelo Anthony of point guards. Hollow stats.

I dont grt the cp3 slander nor wil i ever get it.

Of course teams need coaches and coaching is vital when it comes to winning. The perception of who is a good coach is just largely based on media narrative and not how well someone can actually coach.

Seven years ago dantoni was a coaching God that revolutionized the game. Now no team wants to touch him

Two years ago thibs was widely considered a top 3 coach but now people are starting to see how average he is

Doc was considered a great coach and the key to getting the clippers over the hump. In the past couple years he's been out coached by Kevin mchale and Scott brooks two guys who are widely reguarded as clueless idiots. Now everyone knows how much of a fraud doc is

Even pop cost his team a championship due to his poor coaching two years ago and lost this year because of his hack a Jordan foolishness.

people were hyping spo up to be the next great coach but as soon as lebron leaves he's a nobody

teams need coaching but the public perception of how a "good coach" will beat a "bad coach" every time is largely false. 

I think spo is a better coach then the credit he gets. That team had injuries to both superstars and just mossed the playoffs while developing some good non drafted talent

Funny thing is d blatt at one point this season was running and effective half court trap that actually worked lol

he doesnt get credit because he's forever tied to lebron and u know how nt hates the msome lebron

Bron finna get #3 or nah?

RIP FF if it happens

And no I don't mean on here.. I mean in real life

I don't know if my heart and mind could handle a title

:lol: relax bro, we all know thats the how the state of Cleveland sports has most of yall

Deep down inside, I keep telling myself idc if the Cavs win but I legit wouldn't be able to stomach the image of Kyrie with a ring before John

But i gotta say they surpassing expectations

Can't see CLE and their ISO offense overcoming GSW's defense

Curry midas well get that ring finger sized 

BTW, are the Finals still 2-3-2? Or did they change that?

Last edited:

Can't see CLE and their ISO offense overcoming GSW's defense

Curry midas well get that ring finger sized 
wouldn't be mad if either chef or bron win. i dont think lebron has the heat caliber roster to back him up; unless he goes game 6 vs celtics video game lebron every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom