OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you compare this Bulls team to the 2011 team in terms of depth and quality?

Your supporting cast outside of Rose/Noah/Deng was Boozer, Bogans, Korver, Brewer, Gibson, Watson and Asik.

Now, you have a core of Rose / Butler / Noah with a supporting cast of Pau, Dunleavy, Gibson, Brooks, Snell, Kirk and Mirotic. I'll say this year's team is much better in terms of overall quality, but you need Rose playing at the level he was last night.

the biggest elephant in the room and no one even talking about it is how good the cavs look, and how good lebron is playing...

mean.gif

we need to collectively band together and make sure lebron does not win another one lol
Elephant in the room?

They're playing the Celtics.

I have a feeling Rose is going to put the clamps on Kyrie. D. Rose usually gets the better of the young PG's.

Great to see that man playing well in the playoffs again. Hoping it can continue

How would you compare this Bulls team to the 2011 team in terms of depth and quality?

Your supporting cast outside of Rose/Noah/Deng was Boozer, Bogans, Korver, Brewer, Gibson, Watson and Asik.

Now, you have a core of Rose / Butler / Noah with a supporting cast of Pau, Dunleavy, Gibson, Brooks, Snell, Kirk and Mirotic. I'll say this year's team is much better in terms of overall quality, but you need Rose playing at the level he was last night.

This Bulls team is much better offensively. The 2011 team was much better defensively.

During the season, the Bulls was pretty bad defensively, but it looks like they picked it up a bit this playoffs so far. They don't play outstanding defense 48 minutes but they do enough.

I've got to say this squad is better equipped to go deeper. In 2011 it was easier to guard the Bulls. All you had to do was take the ball out of Derrick's hands and make the others try to create. If you couldn't do that, you put Lebron on Rose.

If Jimmy keeps playing the way he's playing, now you're going to have to decide who to sic Lebron on. Rose or Jimmy. Kyrie can't guard a chair.

Last edited:
As long as the Bulls don't double team Bron they can win.

Don't understand why teams continue to double leaving spot up shooters wide open for 3.

Let Bron get his but lockdown everyone else and box out Tristan Thompson. Dude grabs so many offensive rebounds.

Last edited:

I'd give this team a slight edge. Jimmy Butler has proven to be a really good #2 option. Hell, even a solid #1 option for this team. He's playing better than Deng in 11, and Luol was really good back then, just not a #2 option. Boozer was good in '11 as well, I think people forget that...But Pau is better and Noah has improved since then so this team has a legit shot of winning it all if Rose is playing like his old self.

In regards to supporting cast, they are about even, with this years Bulls having better spacing, playmaking and shooting. '11 had a better defensive 2nd unit and this years Bulls have a better offensive 2nd unit.

I have the Bulls in 6 over the Cavs.

MILWAUKEE – The collision course has always seemed inevitable.

Since the Eastern Conference playoff seedings were set, few were expecting it to be anything other than Bulls-Cleveland Cavaliers in Round 2.

Thursday was just one step closer. Not an easy step, but definitely one step closer.

Thanks to Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler combining for 58 points, including scoring eight in that second overtime, the Bulls took full control of the best-of-seven series, this time beating Milwaukee 113-106 in double overtime at the Bradley Center.

The win put the Bulls up 3-0 in the series, while the Cavaliers matched it, taking a commanding 3-0 lead over the Boston Celtics.

So certainly the Cavs have to be on Rose’s radar, right?

“Hell no. I’m not thinking ahead,’’ Rose, who scored a season-best 34 points, insisted. “Just trying to get better every game and push myself.’’

Check and check.

Easing his way into games far too often this season, Rose’s approach in Game 3 was to just kick the door down from the start.

Playing in just his eighth game since returning from Feb. 27 right knee surgery, Rose came out in the first quarter and went 3-for-4 from the field, as well as warning Milwaukee that his outside shot was on by hitting 2-of-3 from beyond the three-point line.

A running theme throughout the game, as Rose finished 5-for-9 from long distance, and the Bulls finished 14-for-33 (42.4 percent) from three-point range as a team.

“The way he’s playing right now is similar to the way he was playing right before the All-Star Break,’’ coach Tom Thibodeau said of Rose after the win. “Playing in those five games [at the end of the regular season] was helpful to him and us. Because of the intensity of the playoffs, that’s why I thought those five games were important for him. In general, just the play-making and being on the floor, it just opens everything up.’’

That’s also why Thibodeau had no problem with Rose playing a season-high 48 minutes.

“We’re playing against a hungry team,’’ Rose said. “They’re pushing us. All I’m doing is pushing myself for every game. It’s the playoffs, you have to love it.

“I’m just doing whatever the game tells me to do. The way we run our offense, you don’t know who is going to get the shot.’’

Rose did acknowledge that he has been attack-mode, however.

“This is playoff basketball,’’ Rose said. “Just trying to push myself. I’m just playing. No expectations, having fun and I love to compete.’’

And maybe for the first time since the Bulls drafted Rose, he has a running mate in the backcourt. While Rose was filling up the stat sheet with eight assists and five rebounds to go along with his scoring, Butler had three steals and two blocks to compliment his 24 points.

“Got one now,’’ Rose said, when discussing playing alongside another star in the backcourt.

Butler was told what Rose said after his third-straight playoff game of at least 24 points and responded, “It means a lot. Derrick is a hell of a player. I just try and do my role. Playing with Derrick he makes everything easier for everybody. Playing my role, I’m good with that.’’

The Bulls will have a chance to close out the series on Saturday. Game 4 for Cleveland and Boston is on Sunday.

The collision is coming.

tbh nobody looks like they're a sure shot

CLE and GS are handling business up 3-0 but I'm not convinced either are penciled in to the finals

ATL has been in a few semi close games

LAC/SA are beating each other up

Grizzlies really are the only team that are really putting the hammer down but I don't really take much away from that other than they're doing what they're supposed to do with Portland being hit with injuries

Not really fair to pick at one particular team nor call another a sure thing

Its not so much that I hate the bulls. I just hate Noah and his fake tough guy act. And his uncalled for screaming out loud for getting a simple rebound. Like chill the hell out dude.

If butler dunks on someone Noah will scream and shout louder then Butler would :lol:

You'd hate me then cause I screamed and get pumped after every play. Youre an ex Heat fan or something, so nothing you say holds any weight.

Idk about Tristan, but Bulls just can't allow JR to go off.

I mean, I can accept Lebron and Kyrie getting theirs. But the last time Cavs whoop Bulls, JR lit them up from 3...

I agree. But it took them a half court 3 from Kyrie, a Miracle 3 at the buzzer falling into the stands from JR smith, with no Pooh and we had bout 21 turnovers for us to lose by 5.

Tristan just has a nack for grabbing loose balls and boards on us. We gotta dead that.

I'm confident. But we gon let them handle it on the court. I hope it's next Saturday. I'm ready.

Last edited:

CLE and GS are handling business up 3-0 but I'm not convinced either are penciled in to the finals
Grizzlies really are the only team that are really putting the hammer down but I don't really take much away from that other than they're doing what they're supposed to do with Portland being hit with injuries

Idk about that. If I was a betting man, I'd probably bet money that GS comes out the West.

Yea, the 2nd round will say a lot about each squad.

Its not so much that I hate the bulls. I just hate Noah and his fake tough guy act. And his uncalled for screaming out loud for getting a simple rebound. Like chill the hell out dude.

If butler dunks on someone Noah will scream and shout louder then Butler would :lol:

You'd hate me then cause I screamed and get pumped after every play. .
woke my baby up twice during the game .... its what we do in stadium,at the bar or at home

Sorry but hold up,the same dude caught lying about his dead mom is throwing shots? Oh...

Last edited:
Cavs beating Leprechauns
Bulls beating Deer

They suppose to look good doing it.

Wiz beating Dino's

No one picked us outside of DC and we've gone up 2-0 on the road. Most impressive East team so far. Love how the Bulls and Cavs are letting us slide under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom