Official 2015 New York Giants Thread VOL: Odell Beckham > *

Victor Cruz been dropping the ball since his rookie year. I've always said he drops too many but yesterday hurt. Too many big plays at big moments and he dropped each of them. We win the game if he makes those catches.

Randle, smh. He was Randle yesterday. A big play or two, a big drop. Up and down player, not a fan.

Make or break year for Randle imo, Jernigan I don't expect much from he is what he is.

Eli put the ball where only Cruz can snag it, everything fell apart after that drop. And even then Eli drove them down AGAIN, and Rashad slips. :x

We may have found a TE though, Donnell has looked great so far.

14 points isn't going to get it done.

Last edited:
Lots of mistakes and not a good showing, but I think we all expected that anyway. One positive - the offensive line probably had its best game in 2-3 years. It's been a while since I actually felt like if we have the ball, we're probably going to move it and score. There were 5 drops in the 4th and Jennings failure, but I'd like to think those are rare events and kind of a product of rust. This offense hasn't done **** in a while and I can sort of understand them not being comfortable in a moment that mattered. It's been years. Donnell looked great, Beatty gave up only one pressure yesterday, and Pugh only had 2, on 46 dropbacks. Arizona isn't a bad defense either, though you can't ignore that they were missing 2-3 of their top players. I didn't think this would be a playoff-contending season (still think 6-10, 7-9 most likely), but if Beatty continues to play well, Richburg develops into a full time starter, Schwartz comes back at the same level he's played the last 2 years, and OBJ takes a starting role, the offense could be decent.

I still think we're a few players away from being a solid defense. We had Drew Stanton yesterday and couldn't get off the field because of penalties. Stevie Brown hasn't looked good and McClain does not look like an NFL level player. Mark Herzlich is one of the worst defensive players I've ever seen, and as soon as Beason went out they pulled off runs in his direction easily. I don't recall him laying a hand on anyone and even with the Ted Ginn punt return he ran down and whiffed despite having time to make a play when Ginn was slowed up.

Even though the game was bad, and the season will likely continue to be disappointing, I have some more optimism yesterday than I thought I would because we're a Center/Guard (need to replace Walton, he sucks so it depends where Richburg plays), DE, and OLB away from being a decent, at least watchable and playoff-hopeful team, with depth needs at TE, MLB, OLB, T. That could probably be accomplished in one offseason.

Drops have been a large issue the past few years, I don't consider it rust at all.

Things like this will be even more magnified just because the talent level isn't all that great on offense, so you have to rely on your "best player" Cruz to make those catches during important points of the game.

Three of Cruz's drops were for 65 yards alone, and 5 total from the unit were for at least 95 yards....in the 4th quarter alone. Two of those would've likely been touchdowns as well.

Bad teams find different ways to lose, next week it'll be because of the offensive line again or a few fumbles

and in other news:

Giants: CB Walt Thurmond has a torn pec and is done for the year, according to @ProFootballTalk.

Last edited:
Damn, I was actually impressed with Thurmond. I was hoping it was minor but had a feeling it would be season ending.

Donnel is a typical Giants TE since Shockey...no name guy who gets targets - does okay for the season and then is forgotten about come next season

Might throw on my Hakeem jersey today to remember the good days :lol:
14 looks so whack. But he doesn't deserve the 88 anymore. Iirc, he started with 17 with us.

I sure do miss Bradshaw though :smh:. One of the few backs that runs angry every down

Last edited:
Bradshaw is one of my all time favorite backs, but dude will never last a season again.

Dem ankles. :x

I was definitely hoping we would keep AB. I know he had a lot of injuries and understood why we didn't keep him.

Bradshaw's durability was the issue, team didn't wanna pay for him with the constant injuries.

He's a good RB and they are utilizing him in different ways out there in Indiana so they can probably get a bit more out of him without forcing him thru defenders all the time but eventually an injury will surface. Not his fault but thems the breaks.

I'm not gonna give up on the season just yet. I saw enough out of Eli to see he's getting it together. Cruz will be Cruz again. I'm sure he did a little soul searching and will be on fire this week. The D plays OK for the most part, just needs to get off the field on 3rd down. Special teams needs an *** kicking and hopefully this will eliminate future f ups. The fumbling? Tom will handle that. It's only week 3...

Just trying to be optimistic here.

I'm optimistic, but when I say optimistic that means an 8-8 season. This offense is still a work in progress and needs a little more talent out there, they can't match up to the top tier teams imo.

They shoot themselves in the foot too often for my liking, when one area improves, another falters.

They really need to play a perfect game in all areas to get wins, and that's not an easy thing to do. They had one INT vs the Cards (the second one is irrelevant since the game was done and there were 8 seconds left) and TWO unforced fumbles, they need to take care of the ball.

Personally I know it's early in the season but I've seen enough and I just think it's time to just straight up rebuild. The only thing we are consistent with is our inconsistency.

Back
Top Bottom