Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Atlanta better not target a WR in 2nd :smh:

Im cool with it, assuming we get a couple of pass rushers/ or a pass rusher and linebacker upgrade in Free Agency.. Right now, if Julio goes down, our offense is DONE. Roddy is slowing down, Harry isn't consistent, and we have nothing behind them that can sustain the offense. In that Mock Scenario above, Sammie Coates is almost BPA in a position of need with Both Perryman and Kendricks off the board at ILB.. I'd hate for ATL to start reaching to fill holes...even if its first round, take the BPA and keep it moving, thats what winners do..

Im cool with it, assuming we get a couple of pass rushers/ or a pass rusher and linebacker upgrade in Free Agency.. Right now, if Julio goes down, our offense is DONE. Roddy is slowing down, Harry isn't consistent, and we have nothing behind them that can sustain the offense. In that Mock Scenario above, Sammie Coates is almost BPA in a position of need with Both Perryman and Kendricks off the board at ILB.. I'd hate for ATL to start reaching to fill holes...even if its first round, take the BPA and keep it moving, thats what winners do..
You make some valid points and I agree with them. We definitely don't need to reach again. Good thing Dimitroff won't be in charge of the draft.

I still would prefer to take defense in the first two rounds to build some type of pass rush. This mock seems to be deep with good WR prospects. If we could trade back in the 2nd and maybe get an additional 2nd or 3rd, I'd be cool with that too.

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  31m 31 minutes ago

Garrett Grayson 6022, 215. Mostly close to Bryce Petty who was 6'2 3/4, 230.

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  7m 7 minutes ago

LB Denzel Perryman of Miami comes in at 5105, 242. Don't pay attention to the height on that one.

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  3m 3 minutes ago

QB Blake Sims of Alabama measures 5114, 223

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  7m 7 minutes ago

6046, 270 for Mississippi State's Preston Smith

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  5m 5 minutes ago

Norfolk State DE Lynden Trail measured 6062, 262. one of the more physically impressive players here.

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  12m 12 minutes ago

Ty Sambrailo of Colorado State 6056, 309

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  14m 14 minutes ago

Owa Odighizuwa (mom, I spelled it right on the first try!) measures in at 6034, 266. Arms for days. Looking forward to seeing him here.

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  16m 16 minutes ago

Houston DT Joey Mbu 6026, 315. All legs

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  18m 18 minutes ago

Auburn's Nick Marshall is playing QB here out of necessity. Don't think he sticks there in the NFL. Measures 6014, 205.

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  43m 43 minutes ago

Sammie Coates of Auburn comes in at 6016, 213

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  2h 2 hours ago

TJ Clemmings: 6045, 307

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Just heard someone say Bryce Petty has 10-inch hands, which matters more than him being 6'2 3/4.

Last edited:
Report: Chip Kelly already plotting to move up for Marcus Mariota
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 20, 2015, 12:50 PM EST
mariotakelly.jpeg
AP
Eagles coach Chip Kelly frequently gushes publicly about his former Oregon Marcus Mariota, and according to one report, Kelly is already plotting privately to acquire Mariota in the NFL draft.

The Eagles have the 20th overall pick in the draft, and Mariota isn’t expected to be available by that point, but NJ.com reports that the team is already committed to trying to move up in the draft to acquire Mariota.

“From No. 20, it’s certainly not going to be easy,” an unnamed source told NJ.com. “It’s probably going to take moving up twice to do it. There’s going to be some wheeling and dealing involved. Can it happen? I don’t know. But they’re going to try.”

It’s way too early to say anything for certain about the draft. It’s possible that the Buccaneers will decide to use the first overall pick on Mariota, and that any other team’s interest in him is moot. It’s also possible that Mariota’s stock will tumble, and he’ll still be available at No. 20. And it’s possible that Kelly actually isn’t as in love with Mariota as he says publicly, and that the Eagles won’t draft him even if he gets the chance.

So take this one with a grain of salt. But also file it away for the future. As the draft gets closer, if it looks like the Bucs will pass on Mariota and there’s a trade to be made for a team moving up to get him, the Eagles might be that team. And Mariota and Kelly might reunite in the NFL.

Report: Chip Kelly already plotting to move up for Marcus Mariota

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 20, 2015, 12:50 PM EST
mariotakelly.jpeg
AP

Eagles coach Chip Kelly frequently gushes publicly about his former Oregon Marcus Mariota, and according to one report, Kelly is already plotting privately to acquire Mariota in the NFL draft.
The Eagles have the 20th overall pick in the draft, and Mariota isn’t expected to be available by that point, but NJ.com reports that the team is already committed to trying to move up in the draft to acquire Mariota.
“From No. 20, it’s certainly not going to be easy,” an unnamed source told NJ.com. “It’s probably going to take moving up twice to do it. There’s going to be some wheeling and dealing involved. Can it happen? I don’t know. But they’re going to try.”
It’s way too early to say anything for certain about the draft. It’s possible that the Buccaneers will decide to use the first overall pick on Mariota, and that any other team’s interest in him is moot. It’s also possible that Mariota’s stock will tumble, and he’ll still be available at No. 20. And it’s possible that Kelly actually isn’t as in love with Mariota as he says publicly, and that the Eagles won’t draft him even if he gets the chance.
So take this one with a grain of salt. But also file it away for the future. As the draft gets closer, if it looks like the Bucs will pass on Mariota and there’s a trade to be made for a team moving up to get him, the Eagles might be that team. And Mariota and Kelly might reunite in the NFL.

goes to NFLShop.com to make his MM8 jersey

Last edited:
In all honesty, I think if anybody drafts Mariota besides the Eagles and tries to start him this year he's going to be a failure.

In all honesty, I think if anybody drafts Mariota besides the Eagles and tries to start him this year he's going to be a failure.

Literally having this conversation in the group chat with my brothers.

I would not take him at all in the first round.

Pick No.
OAK
Shane Ray
DE
Missouri
Ray is an energetic pass rusher with a knack for getting to the quarterback off the edge.

[COLOR=#red]Am I the only one the thinks Shane Ray is a 3rd round pick at best? Do not like this pick at all...[/COLOR]

Pick No.
MIA
Trae Waynes
CB
Michigan St.
The Dolphins need a complementary cover corner to fill out a secondary that features a stud in Brent Grimes.

[COLOR=#red]Fully endorse this pick.

Would also like trading down for Malcolm Brown or staying put and getting Danny Shelton.[/COLOR]

Reading through the 2014 draft thread... Buc Em didn't like Teddy Bridgewater.

I haven't heard a word about Teddy Bridgewater in like a month. And this dude is supposed to be a top 5 pick. Still ain't sold on him.

I really don't see what's so special about him. He's solid but I don't see him threading the needle on much passes and doing anything that jumps out enough for him to be an unquestioned top 3 pick. His conference is absolutely awful this year and he still hasn't put up that amazing of numbers this year. Most of the touchdowns I've seen him throw have been to LITERALLY wide open receivers. Like nobody was within 5 yards of whoever he was throwing to. Not sure if it's the offense Louisville runs or if that's just how bad their opponents have been this year.

Now he doesn't like Marcus Mariota. :nerd: The Buc Em Effect is going to happen again.

Flourish, MM8. :pimp:

Last edited:
Reading through the 2014 draft thread... Buc Em didn't like Teddy Bridgewater.
I haven't heard a word about Teddy Bridgewater in like a month. And this dude is supposed to be a top 5 pick. Still ain't sold on him.
I really don't see what's so special about him. He's solid but I don't see him threading the needle on much passes and doing anything that jumps out enough for him to be an unquestioned top 3 pick. His conference is absolutely awful this year and he still hasn't put up that amazing of numbers this year. Most of the touchdowns I've seen him throw have been to LITERALLY wide open receivers. Like nobody was within 5 yards of whoever he was throwing to. Not sure if it's the offense Louisville runs or if that's just how bad their opponents have been this year.
Now he doesn't like Marcus Mariota.
nerd.gif
The Buc Em Effect is going to happen again.

Flourish, MM8.
pimp.gif
please let him fall too..

in chip we trust

Since Mariota will be there at #5, Chip should trade the #20 and their 2nd round pick to the skins to move up... :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom