Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

In addition, I read this and I'm already our:

"– The fact that Cooper could be a top-five pick is more indicative of a weak overall class..." weak WR class? Really? Yikes...

Yea I wouldn't call it a weak WR class at all, definitely not going to be as deep as last years but it's still solid. I think you'd still be able to grab some great value in rounds 2-3 (Josh Harper, Devin Smith, Phillip Dorsett)

ATLANTA FALCONS:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12 (CLE): Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson (A) (All of the top edge rushing DEs were gone at 8, he was the target, traded down with Cleveland)
Round 1 Pick 24 (ARI): DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A) ( Yes, Cleveland offered both firsts! bonus pick here, gave mattt a toy to replace Roddy)
Round 2 Pick 10: Nate Orchard, DE/OLB, Utah (A) (More love on the edge for Quinn)
Round 2 Pick 23 (ARI): Paul Dawson, OLB/ILB, TCU (A) (This pick came from a second trade down in the first, our whole LB corps needs upgrading)
Round 3 Pick 12 (MINN): Clive Walford, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A) (potentially best TE in the draft)
Round 4 Pick 8: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A-) ( Favorite RB in the draft after Gurley, especially for our new zone blocking scheme)
Round 5 Pick 10: Jalston Fowler, FB, Alabama (A)( Best FB in the class, need to protect our new RB)
Round 5 Pick 13 (MINN): Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.) (C+) (Speedster to replace Harry, will be our new fourth as roddy moves into the slot)
Round 6 Pick 9: Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson (D) ( Favorite ILB in the draft for the value)
Round 6 Pick 12 (MINN): Adrian Amos, FS, Penn State (B-)
Round 7 Pick 8: Travis Raciti, DT, San Jose State (D-)
Round 7 Pick 32: A.J. Johnson, ILB, Tennessee (F)

Totally unrealistic, but i love to have fun with the game anyway. Last 3 picks were for fun. Although i do love A.J Johnson if he can get rid of all of the baggage. could be the steal of the draft.. High Risk, but high reward.

As you can see, Edge rush and the linebacker position in general could use major upgrades. Quinn would have everything he needs to give us a one year makeover and back in contention

I guess I would be able to live with these drafts for the eagles:

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 4 (JAX): P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (CAR): Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (IND): Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon (B+)
Round 2 Pick 32 (SEA): Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 3 Pick 3 (JAX): Kurtis Drummond, FS, Michigan State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 20: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest (B)
Round 3 Pick 26 (BALT): Josh Shaw, CB, Southern California (C)
Round 4 Pick 14: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (C+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 20: Max Valles, OLB, Virginia (A-)
Round 6 Pick 20: Jake Ryan, OLB/ILB, Michigan (C-)
Round 7 Pick 20: Trey DePriest, ILB, Alabama (E)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29 (IND): Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (Fla.) (B+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon (A)
Round 2 Pick 26 (BALT): Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (A)
Round 2 Pick 27 (DEN): Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (IND): Cody Prewitt, FS, Ole Miss (A)
Round 3 Pick 20: Clive Walford, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 4 Pick 14: Ladarius Gunter, CB, Miami (Fla.) (B)
Round 4 Pick 20: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 20: Jesse James, TE, Penn State (A)
Round 6 Pick 20: Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 7 Pick 20: Shaquille Riddick, DE/OLB, West Virginia (C+)

Last edited:
I was just reading that Kevin White is considered by some to be the #1 WR prospect in the draft....

[COLOR=#red]Love that guy... and Yes I would take him before Cooper.[/COLOR]

Todd McShay Mock Draft 2.0

Jameis Winston

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-14)

COLLEGE: Florida State

Class: Soph

HT: 6-4

WT: 235

POS: QB

i

Analysis: The Bucs don't currently have a franchise quarterback on their roster, and while both of the top two QB prospects in this year's class carry with them significant risks (along with considerable talent and upside), it could be tough for them to pass on both. If you factor in only on-field performance, Winston should be the No. 1 choice. He beats opponents from the pocket with very good accuracy, arm strength and anticipation, and his on-field intangibles and leadership are positives as well. The concerns with Winston obviously have to do with his off-field behavior, and any team that drafts him is going to have to trust him enough from a character and psychological standpoint to make him the face of its franchise. That's a big risk, but NFL teams know that they can't win consistently without good quarterback play. And the Bucs could decide that Marcus Mariota's need to transition from Oregon's up-tempo spread offense to the NFL represents an even greater risk -- albeit in a very different way. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Leonard Williams

Tennessee Titans (2-14)

COLLEGE: USC

Class: Jr

HT: 6-5

WT: 290

POS: DE

i

Analysis: Williams is the complete package -- he can two-gap as a run-stuffer, but he can also penetrate and make plays against both the pass and the run. He'd make Jurrell Casey even better by drawing more double-teams and allowing Casey to do what he does best: use quickness to establish positioning, and disrupt. Having two studs in Williams and Casey on the defensive front would provide a boost for a team that ranked 31st in the league in rushing yards per game allowed last season. The Titans have a huge need at QB and would have to consider Marcus Mariota here, but he's a risk despite his big-time upside because of his lack of experience at consistently throwing with anticipation and accuracy from the pocket at Oregon. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Randy Gregory

Jacksonville Jaguars (3-13)

COLLEGE: Nebraska

HT: 6-6

WT: 245

i

Analysis: The Jags' biggest need is at right tackle, and they are looking for competition along their entire offensive line, but there isn't an offensive tackle in this class worth drafting at No. 3 overall. Gregory is a good fit, however. They need a young pass-rusher (Chris Clemons is 33), and Gregory is one of the most explosive edge rushers in this class. He needs to continue to add bulk and strength to his lean frame, but he has the length, violent hands and closing burst to get home off the edge. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Amari Cooper

Oakland Raiders (3-13)

COLLEGE: Alabama

HT: 6-1

WT: 205

POS: WR

i

Analysis: The Raiders have to provide second-year QB Derek Carr with more weapons. (James Jones is the top receiver on Oakland's roster right now.) Cooper, West Virginia's Kevin White and Louisville's Devante Parker are the best WR prospects in this class and the only ones who legitimately belong in the top-20 discussion, and Cooper is our favorite of the bunch. He was absolutely dominant in 2014 despite facing top defensive competition in the SEC and dealing with inconsistent play from Bama QB Blake Sims. He has excellent savvy as a route runner, good acceleration vertically and he does a terrific job of pulling down 50-50 balls. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Shane Ray

Washington ******** (4-12)

COLLEGE: Missouri

HT: 6-2

WT: 240

i

Analysis: The ******** need a pass-rusher -- often-injured ROLB Brian Orakpo is a free agent and not expected to return -- and Ray is a terror off the edge. He is relentless at pressuring the quarterback, combining outstanding first-step quickness, effective hands and impressive redirect skills. He also continues to get stronger versus the run and has bulked up into the 250-pound range. He was incredibly productive at Mizzou, finishing fifth in the FBS with 13 sacks last season. This is another spot where Mariota could come under consideration, but I've got Washington addressing its defense here. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Marcus Mariota

New York Jets (4-12)

COLLEGE: Oregon

WT: 211

POS: QB

i

Analysis: Mariota could slide even further than this on draft day, but I think this pick makes sense for the Jets given their need at QB and the presence of Chan Gailey at offensive coordinator. Gailey can adapt his scheme to any QB and has a history with spread-formation offenses, so he's capable of providing Mariota with a smooth transition to the NFL from his up-tempo spread system at Oregon. Mariota has rare athleticism for the QB position (including prototypical size) and outstanding intangibles, but his one area of concern -- consistently being able to win from the pocket -- is the most important trait you need to succeed at the NFL level. So how a team caters its approach to him and develops him as an accurate passer from the pocket will be critical. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Danny Shelton

Chicago Bears (5-11)

COLLEGE: Washington

Class: Sr

WT: 332

POS: DT

i

Analysis: It's unclear what scheme new head coach John Fox and new defensive coordinator Vic Fangio plan to run in Chicago -- my guess is they'll use something of a hybrid front -- but if they plan to play any 3-4, they'll need some capable bodies. Lamarr Houston and Will Sutton are best at penetrating and disrupting, and their strongest point-of-attack D-lineman, Stephen Paea, is a free agent. Shelton would provide a versatile, big body along the interior, as he commands double-teams against the run and can push the pocket as a pass-rusher. Arik Armstead is another option here, and the Bears also need help at safety and linebacker. But what will they do at the QB position? Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Arik Armstead

Atlanta Falcons (6-10)

COLLEGE: Oregon

HT: 6-7

WT: 285

i

Analysis: The Falcons need to improve on defense, especially with their pass rush. D-linemen Kroy Biermann and Osi Umenyiora are both free agents. Armstead was a 5-technique defensive end at Oregon and could play a similar role in the NFL, but he's also explosive enough to be a great fit as a left defensive end in new Atlanta head coach Dan Quinn's scheme -- similar to the role that Michael Bennett played for Quinn with the Seahawks. I've really liked what I've seen from Armstead's tape; he's an excellent run defender who has a lot of upside as a pass-rusher because of his violent hands and ability to convert speed to power.

PLAYER CARD

Brandon Scherff

New York Giants (6-10)

COLLEGE: Iowa

WT: 320

POS: OT

i

Analysis: I think this pick would depend upon whether the Giants retain Jason Pierre-Paul in free agency. If they don't, then pass-rusher becomes a top need and a guy like Florida DE Dante Fowler Jr. might be under consideration. But if JPP stays, I think the smart play here is to continue to solidify the offensive line. Left tackle Will Beatty played better in OC Ben McAdoo's system and 2014 second-rounder Weston Richburg should take over for JD Walton at center, leaving Scherff to start at either guard spot or possibly beat out Justin Pugh for the right tackle job. He is perfectly wired to be a New York Giants offensive lineman. He's durable, tough, strong and nasty. The Giants also have needs at linebacker, safety and possibly D-tackle if Mike Patterson leaves in free agency. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Kevin White

St. Louis Rams (6-10)

COLLEGE: West Virginia

WT: 211

i

Analysis: The Rams' biggest need is at QB, but there's no way for them to address that position in this scenario. (Remember, we don't project trades in these mock drafts, and there's a big drop-off in this year's QB class after Winston and Mariota.) The next-biggest need is O-line, but the only prospect worth drafting this high is Stanford's Andrus Peat, and he's a pure left tackle who doesn't fit the Rams' physical approach all that well. So, wide receiver makes the most sense here, and White is a complete player with good size and outstanding ball skills. He'd immediately upgrade a group that features several question marks and no No. 1 receiver. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Devante Parker

Minnesota Vikings (7-9)

COLLEGE: Louisville

WT: 207

i

Analysis: The Vikings need help on the offensive line, but Parker would make a lot of sense here. They need to surround second-year QB Teddy Bridgewater with more weapons, and Parker was Bridgewater's top target at Louisville. Parker would become Minnesota's tallest receiver at 6-foot-2 1/2, and he displays very good body control and competitiveness when the ball is in the air to go along with his size. He had a very productive season in 2014 after returning from injury (855 receiving yards in just seven games, 19.9 yards per catch). Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

T.J. Clemmings

Cleveland Browns (7-9)

COLLEGE: Pittsburgh

WT: 313

i

Analysis: This would be a tough scenario for the Browns. Their biggest needs are probably right tackle, wide receiver and nose tackle, but the top prospects at each of those positions are already off the board. Johnny Manziel's future with the team is uncertain, but there aren't any QBs worth drafting here, either, and Cleveland will instead likely need to add a veteran in free agency (Mike Glennon, perhaps?) if Brian Hoyer goes to another team. Clemmings is a reach here, but he makes sense because of the importance of the position and his high potential. He's a work in progress, having played only two years of offensive tackle at Pitt, but he has impressive physical tools and is getting better. He excels as a run blocker and would bring strength and toughness to a unit that badly needs it. He'd struggle early in pass protection, but has the potential to improve. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Dante Fowler Jr.

New Orleans Saints (7-9)

COLLEGE: Florida

WT: 271

i

Analysis: The Saints could consider Stanford left tackle Andrus Peat here and then move Terron Armstead inside, or they could fill their need at cornerback by drafting either of the top two prospects at the position, Washington's Marcus Peters or Michigan State's Trae Waynes. But Fowler has the versatility and relentlessness that Rob Ryan is looking for. He isn't an elite athlete but has good flexibility, violent hands and efficient counter moves as a pass-rusher, and he has experience playing multiple spots among the D-line, as well as outside linebacker in a 3-4 alignment. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Trae Waynes

Miami Dolphins (8-8)

COLLEGE: Michigan State

HT: 6-1

WT: 182

POS: CB

i

Analysis: Two of Miami's top needs are inside linebacker and wide receiver, but it's too early to take an ILB here and all three of the WRs worth drafting at No. 14 overall are already off the board in this scenario. Cornerback is another need area, and while Marcus Peters has better tape, he brings with him some baggage after being kicked off of the Washington team last season. The Dolphins aren't in the business of taking chances on character risks right now, so Waynes might make more sense. He's a playmaker with very good ball skills and has the length and athleticism to hold up as a cover corner, and he shows good recognition skills and can help in run support. His biggest weakness is technique, but that's coachable.

PLAYER CARD

Devin Smith

San Francisco 49ers (8-8)

COLLEGE: Ohio State

WT: 199

i

Analysis: This is early for Smith -- he's our No. 26 overall player -- but the Niners need a receiver who can stretch the field vertically and nobody in college football did that better during the second half of the season than Smith (especially when big-armed Cardale Jones was throwing him the ball). He has excellent speed, subtle moves as a deep route runner that allow him to create separation, and his body control when tracking the deep ball is outstanding. San Francisco could also look to address its O-line or defensive front in the first round.

PLAYER CARD

Andrus Peat

Houston Texans (9-7)

COLLEGE: Stanford

WT: 315

i

Analysis: The Texans need a quarterback, but aren't going to find one here. Pass catchers Devin Funchess (Michigan) or Jaelen Strong (Arizona State) would be options, although both are slight reaches this early. So I'll have them take Peat, who fills a need and is a steal at this point in the draft. The more I watch him on tape, the more I appreciate how quick his feet are. He's also tall, has long arms and good awareness, and possesses good power as a blocker. He needs to improve his consistency as a finisher, but he's young and should continue to get better. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Eddie Goldman

San Diego Chargers (9-7)

COLLEGE: Florida State

HT: 6-3

WT: 315

i

Analysis: Sean Lissemore isn't working out at nose tackle for the Chargers, and 2014 fifth-rounder Ryan Carrethers played in only six games. Goldman would not only provide an immediate upgrade at nose, but he's versatile enough to play defensive end in a 3-4 scheme as well. Goldman's specialty is stopping the run, with excellent strength and size (6-3, 314 pounds). Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Dorial Green-Beckham

Kansas City Chiefs (9-7)

COLLEGE: Oklahoma

WT: 225

i

Analysis: The Chiefs are in serious need of an upgrade at wide receiver, and Michigan's Devin Funchess and Arizona State's Jaelen Strong are both options here. However, Green-Beckham is an intriguing possibility with this pick. The Chiefs would be taking a chance on him, given his behavioral baggage and the fact that he sat out the 2014 college football season, but based on the tape I've studied so far, Green-Beckham might be the most naturally gifted pass-catcher in this class. If Kansas City doesn't want to take a receiver here, Miami OT Ereck Flowers would make some sense.

PLAYER CARD

Devin Funchess

Cleveland Browns (7-9)

COLLEGE: Michigan

i

Analysis: I gave the Browns an offensive tackle with the No. 12 pick in T.J. Clemmings, and there still isn't a QB worth drafting here at No. 19 (the pick they acquired from the Bills last May in Buffalo's trade up to draft Sammy Watkins), so I'm going with a potential difference-maker at WR in Funchess. I liked his passion for the game at times, but questioned it at other times. He was dealing with a miserable QB situation at Michigan, but teams will need to dig deeper into his football character. If there are no concerns there, he's a top-25 football player in this class. He's a hybrid TE/WR who fits best as an X wide receiver in the NFL, in my opinion. His frame and body control make him tough to cover even when defenders are in position. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Landon Collins

Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)

COLLEGE: Alabama

HT: 6-0

WT: 212

POS: S

i

Analysis: The question everyone will ask is whether Chip Kelly will be willing to trade up to draft his former QB at Oregon, Marcus Mariota, particularly if Mariota starts to slide down the board a little bit. I know from talking with Kelly previously that he thinks the world of Mariota, but I have no idea how much he's willing to give up in order to go get him. If the Eagles stay put, Collins would be a good value pick here. He's the No. 15 overall prospect on our board, has good range in coverage and is a playmaker when the ball is in the air. But where he excels most is in run support, which is a good fit in the NFC East, especially versus the Cowboys. Moreover, SS Nate Allen is a free agent. Other options include Washington CB Marcus Peters and OLB Vic Beasley. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Vic Beasley

Cincinnati Bengals (10-5-1)

COLLEGE: Clemson

WT: 220

i

Analysis: Beasley is an undersized edge player with really good burst, bend and instincts. He was very productive at Clemson, racking up 44.5 tackles for loss and 25 sacks the past two seasons. He's a great fit for the Bengals' defense as a 4-3 outside linebacker, and he will help upgrade a pass rush that ranked 27th in the NFL last season in sacks per attempt. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Marcus Peters

Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5)

COLLEGE: Washington

HT: 5-11

WT: 193

i

Analysis: Safety and cornerback are need areas for the Steelers this offseason, and linebacker could also quickly become a problem spot, with James Harrison, Jason Worilds and Arthur Moats all free agents. Based purely off of game tape, Peters is the best all-around cornerback in this class. He has a good combination of instincts, cover skills, toughness and ball skills (11 interceptions the past three seasons). But Pittsburgh will have to feel comfortable with his character before drafting him, as he was kicked off of Washington's football team this fall due to behavioral issues.

PLAYER CARD

Malcom Brown

Detroit Lions (11-5)

COLLEGE: Texas

WT: 317

i

Analysis: The Lions could go with a cornerback or offensive tackle here, but defensive tackle is a position of need even if Ndamukong Suh does return in 2015 (C.J. Mosley, Andre Fluellen and Nick Fairley are all free agents), and it's a gaping hole if he goes somewhere else in free agency. Brown is a versatile D-lineman who has experience playing NT, DT and DE in a 4-3 defense, and NT and 5-technique in a 3-4. He's strong versus the run and showed more as a pass-rusher during his final season in Austin under head coach Charlie Strong. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Denzel Perryman

Arizona Cardinals (11-5)

COLLEGE: Miami (FL)

HT: 5-11

WT: 248

POS: ILB

i

Analysis: This might be a little early to take an inside linebacker in some people's minds, but there aren't many better football players than Perryman left on the board, and the Cardinals are likely to address the position early. Perryman has strong recognition skills, he's stout and savvy at the point of attack and he hits like a truck. A lot of other evaluators like Mississippi State's Benardrick McKinney more because of his freakish size-speed combo, but I'll take the better football player in Perryman. Other positions Arizona could look to address this offseason: pass-rusher, D-line, QB depth and RB depth.

PLAYER CARD

Ereck Flowers

Carolina Panthers (7-8-1)

COLLEGE: Miami (FL)

WT: 325

i

Analysis: Flowers has a really good combination of size (6-6, 325 pounds), strength, agility and toughness, possesses great football character and has played both right tackle and left tackle for the Hurricanes the past two seasons. He needs to get better with his hand placement and pad level, but his weaknesses that show up on tape are all correctable. He's a guy who has improved throughout his career and has the upside to continue to do so. Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

Jalen Collins

Baltimore Ravens (10-6)

COLLEGE: LSU

WT: 193

i

Analysis: The Ravens could look to draft a wide receiver here, with Steve Smith Sr. in the latter stages of his career and Torrey Smith a free agent this offseason. Arizona State's Jaelen Strong is a big target who would be an asset for Joe Flacco. But I think upgrading the secondary is a bigger priority for the Ravens. Collins is still developing, but he has the length and speed to become a good starting cornerback in the NFL.

PLAYER CARD

Melvin Gordon

Dallas Cowboys (12-4)

COLLEGE: Wisconsin

WT: 207

POS: RB

i

Analysis: Re-signing both WR Dez Bryant and RB DeMarco Murray is going to be awfully difficult for Dallas this offseason, and if the Cowboys need to let one go, it's likelier to be the running back turning 27 years old who has an injury history. Murray has been great, but it's easier to find effective running backs (especially behind Dallas' offensive line) than it is to find elite receivers like Bryant. Gordon's running style is very similar to Murray's; he runs hard, is a work horse, gets from 0 to 60 in a flash and shows great vision and patience as a runner. He isn't great in pass protection or as a receiver, but he's getting better. The other positions Dallas needs to address this offseason are cornerback, D-line, tight end and receiver (depending upon how Bryant's situation works out). Video highlights
video.png

PLAYER CARD

La'El Collins

Denver Broncos (12-4)

COLLEGE: LSU

WT: 324

i

Analysis: This pick will largely be determined by how free agency goes for the Broncos. WRs Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker are free agents, as are TEs Julius Thomas, Virgil Green and Jacob Tamme -- so a pass-catcher is a definite possibility here. The Broncos might also look to fill needs at nose tackle and/or middle linebacker if free agents Terrance Knighton and/or Nate Irving depart. But I think that interior offensive line is an area they need to address at some point in the draft, and Collins would be a good value here at guard. He got a bit upright in pass protection when playing tackle for LSU, but he's a really strong run-blocker with good football character and intelligence and durability.

PLAYER CARD

Eli Harold

Indianapolis Colts (11-5)

COLLEGE: Virginia

POS: OLB

i

Analysis: Admittedly, this is a bit early for Harold to come off the board. We have a second-round grade on him, but he is a good fit for the Colts' defense as a 3-4 outside linebacker and he offers good upside as a pass-rusher. He's raw but has the length, flexibility and closing burst to develop into a good all-around player, and he was productive at Virginia (15.5 sacks, four forced fumbles and two interceptions his last two years at Virginia). He'd help the Colts get more pressure on opposing quarterbacks -- something they need -- and would benefit from playing alongside veteran Robert Mathis.

PLAYER CARD

Maxx Williams

Green Bay Packers (12-4)

COLLEGE: Minnesota

Class: Soph

WT: 250

POS: TE

i

Analysis: The Packers need youth and athleticism at inside linebacker, so Mississippi State's Benardrick McKinney is a possibility. But the team could also afford an upgrade at tight end, and Williams is the most complete TE in what is shaping up to be a very shallow class. He has a very good combination of size (6-4, 250 pounds) and speed, and it's expected that he'll test really well at the combine later this month. He'd provide Aaron Rodgers with another weapon in the passing game, which could become increasingly important if Randall Cobb leaves in free agency.

PLAYER CARD

Todd Gurley

Seattle Seahawks (12-4)

COLLEGE: Georgia

WT: 230

POS: RB

i

Analysis: It's been rumored recently that the Seahawks could sign Marshawn Lynch to a long-term deal this offseason (he's entering the final year of his contract), but I'll believe that when I see it. If Lynch isn't with Seattle beyond the 2015 season, Gurley is a perfect replacement. He was a top-15 talent in this class prior to tearing his ACL this season, a powerful downhill runner who also has excellent speed -- the best NFL comparison I can come up with for Gurley is Lynch. The Seahawks would have to be comfortable with his health situation, but he could be an ideal successor to Lynch. They could also look to address offensive or defensive line here.

PLAYER CARD

Carl Davis

New England Patriots (12-4)

COLLEGE: Iowa

WT: 318

i

Analysis: Davis' motor ran hot and cold during his Iowa career, but at 6-4, 318 pounds he has a quick get-off, violent hands and the ability to quickly redirect once he has penetrated the backfield. He was a standout at the Senior Bowl in January, proving to be one of the toughest players for offensive linemen to block one-on-one. Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong could also make sense here, as would Georgia RB Todd Gurley if he's still on the board.

PLAYER CARD

Cowboys taking Gordon in the 1st round eh?

I understand Cowboys drafting a RB, but there are too many pressing needs for this team to go RB with the 1st pick.

I'm gonna need the Browns to go ahead and give up their first round picks this year to us so they can draft Mariota. That would be greeaaat.

Why he slippin'?
From what I read, they say he doesn't excel at any one position, and needs to be with a DC that is creative enough to use him right. Also seen someone question how much Danny Shelton keeping him freed up from blockers helped. I personally still like him though.

Back
Top Bottom