Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

The Raiders could come up big time if they did that trade. They'd get Shady and somebody like DGB or Jaelen Strong with Philly's 1st this year.

I'm happy if we only trade two 1sts.. foles is the player I would prefer to give up.. would have no problem giving up shady

I'm not sure if that would help or hurt Shady's fantasy value for me next year though if he went to the Raiders :lol:

Why would give up all of this for a player that has yet to play a down in the NFL
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/02/5_myths_about_marcus_mariota_and_the_eagles.html

"Myth No. 3: It would cost too much.

Can you really put a price on a franchise quarterback? There are only a good handful of them in the league. And what would that price be? Say it's three first-round picks. Would you give up Brandon Graham, Danny Watkins and Marcus Smith for Mariota? That's actually three firsts and two thirds, since the Eagles moved up to take Graham. I'll throw in a second as well, Jaiquan Jarrett."

Philly would be setting up a dynasty for themselves by trading these pics for the fourth slot. I wholly support the move.

marcus peters on seattle would be :x
Peters is going to fall like Jenkins and Honey Badger in years previous. Perhaps a perfect replacement for Maxwell, as Seattle's depth and injury-plagued secondary was shown when Lane suffered a nasty injury. Simon's play was costly, the bigger detriment to a Seahawks repeat than Bevell's last play-call.

Kevin Johnson & Kevin White > *
Although Verrett received all the love at TCU, I urge everyone to watch White's tape against West Virginia's Kevin White this season.

I really like Jalen Collins and Alex Carter. The former has ideal size, limited Coates, and is fairly physical. Similarly, I fancy Carter's physicality in coverage.

Why would give up all of this for a player that has yet to play a down in the NFL
Even prior to the injury, Foles was not having a strong season with his reads and throws. Eagles were winning in spite of Foles, not because of him. I'm wary to call the 2013 season a fluke, but his stock will never be higher than that point and the ball protection (security) was appreciated.

Reasons for the Eagles to trade up for Mariota:
Obviously familiarity with Chip's offense scheme. Could make the transition process to the pros seamless. I mean Chip threatened to leave without more control over player personnel, hence the shakeup at the top in Philly. Kelly wants Mariota, I'm sure Marcus wants to play for him too. Happy marriage before we see the product on the field.

Foles is not the answer as a franchise QB. 2013 was his absolute ceiling. There's a looming fear he's closer to the '14 version which is alarming and not conducive to winning division titles.

Willingness to take risks. Although Washington's move for RG3 ultimately backfired and benefited the Rams, there is a time to go for it guns blazing. If the Eagles' FO believes that time is now, commit to it fully. Washington is weak, needing much improvement defensively without a solution at QB. Ownership wants RG3 to my knowledge, Gruden does not. Cousins was somewhat exposed in his limited playing time. Dallas is dealing with the imminent departure of Murray and the release of a shocking Dez Bryant tape. Giants have a plethora of holes and weaknesses to address, although I remain wary about them come playoffs time.

I think you draft Collins in hopes that he follows the Jimmy Smith arc (sans injury of course)
I like that comparison. Similar to Smith, Collins doesn't always play as fast at game speed as his 40-time would indicate. Anywhere from top of Round 2 is fair for Collins' placement.

Wouldn't peters be the jimmy smith comp..

Both had off the feild stuff prior to the draft and both played in the pac 12

Would take that trade if they threw a third or fourth round pick in this year's draft as well.

[h2]McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 3.0[/h2]
With the combine behind us, pro days and individual workouts are next up on the schedule for teams evaluating players for the 2015 NFL draft.

We made some updates to our board after seeing the measurements and athletic testing results from most of the top prospects in Indianapolis, and we continue to adjust players' grades as we complete their tape evaluations. We also came away from Indy with some more ideas on the direction teams could go with their picks.

The biggest question: Which of the top two quarterback prospects Tampa Bay will select with the No. 1 overall pick? Both Florida State's Jameis Winston and Oregon's Marcus Mariota are in the mix, but to me, there's a clear difference between the two.

That's where we'll begin Mock Draft 3.0, our latest projection of all 32 first-round picks for the 2015 NFL draft.

Jameis Winston

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-14)

COLLEGE: Florida State

Class: Soph

HT: 6-3

WT: 231

POS: QB

i

Analysis: I'd be very surprised if the Bucs didn't take a quarterback at No. 1, and both Winston and Mariota are possibilities here. But to me, Winston has a clear advantage over Mariota based on his on-field performance. He is such a natural passer in terms of his ability to anticipate throws and deliver the ball accurately, and, to me, if you limit it to an on-field evaluation, he's second only to Andrew Luck among QB prospects of the past 10 years. Tampa Bay will have to be comfortable with its character and psychological evaluations of Winston before drafting him No. 1 overall, but from what I've heard, Winston really impressed teams during his combine interview sessions with how he talked about his past, and he wowed them with his football IQ. Mariota possesses great physical tools and very good character and football intelligence, and I think he has the potential to develop into a good NFL starter. But to me, Winston is both more advanced now and has the higher ceiling when projecting the future.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Leonard Williams

Tennessee Titans (2-14)

COLLEGE: USC

Class: Jr

HT: 6-4

WT: 302

POS: DE

i

Analysis: The Titans have three options with this pick: (1) take Mariota (or Winston if Tampa takes Mariota No. 1); (2) take the best player in the draft in Williams, who is also a great fit in Tennessee's hybrid 3-4 defensive scheme; (3) accept an offer to trade down if they get a good one while on the clock. I've got them going with option 2, in part because I'm not sure Mariota's skill set is what head coach Ken Whisenhunt is looking for from his quarterback (he's had success with prototypical pocket passers in his career). Williams is an athletic, versatile and productive difference-maker who could be a Richard Seymour type at the next level as a 5-technique defensive end. If the Titans aren't going to draft a quarterback to match points with Luck and the Colts, they better get an impact defender who can help slow them down. Williams is that.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Dante Fowler Jr.

Jacksonville Jaguars (3-13)

COLLEGE: Florida

HT: 6-2

WT: 261

i

Analysis: If there was a tackle worth drafting here, I'd probably have the Jags take one, since they are looking for competition along the entire offensive line. But they also need a young pass-rusher, and Fowler would be a good fit as a 4-3 defensive end next to D-tackles Roy Miller and Sen'Derrick Marks. Fowler isn't as athletic as Nebrask's Randy Gregory -- the guy I had Jacksonville taking previously -- but he's a more complete player who can not only rush the passer but also set the edge against the run. That's the difference between him and Gregory, who is long and explosive but just 236 pounds. He isn't a fit for Jacksonville as a 4-3 end.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Kevin White

Oakland Raiders (3-13)

COLLEGE: West Virginia

Class: Sr

WT: 215

POS: WR

i

Analysis: The Raiders need to add weapons in the receiving corps to help second-year quarterback Derek Carr, and, to me, the choice comes down to White and Alabama's Amari Cooper. Cooper is a more proven commodity who is as complete a receiver as you'll find coming out of college given his savvy as a route runner, but White offers more big-play ability. He had just 35 catches in 2013 after transferring from junior college, but he exploded in 2014 once he became comfortable in the offense, catching 109 passes for 1,447 yards and 10 touchdowns. He has great size (6-foot-3, 215 pounds) and ball skills, and his 4.35 40-yard dash in Indy was the only sub-4.4 put up by a player 6-2 or taller in this year's class.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Randy Gregory

Washington ******** (4-12)

COLLEGE: Nebraska

HT: 6-6

WT: 245

i

Analysis: The ********' top two needs are right tackle and pass-rusher. They could take Iowa's Brandon Scherff is they're convinced he can play right tackle, but their better option -- unless Mariota slides to this spot and they find a team willing to trade up so they can get some extra picks -- is to go with an edge rusher. Gregory has freakish athleticism for a guy with his length, and he'd be a good fit as a right outside linebacker opposite Ryan Kerrigan. He improved his power and consistency this year, but in order to develop into a complete player, he needs to bulk up to set the edge against the run and add more power as a pass-rusher.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Marcus Mariota

New York Jets (4-12)

COLLEGE: Oregon

WT: 222

POS: QB

i

Analysis: If this scenario plays out, it provides the Jets' new regime a great opportunity to draft their guy at quarterback. As I wrote in the Bucs' section, I see Mariota as being a notch below Winston, but I do believe he has the potential to become a good starter in this league, so long as the team that takes him has a plan to develop him. Jets offensive coordinator Chan Gailey is a good fit for Mariota in that regard, given his history with spread-formation offenses. He can incorporate some up-tempo and zone-read elements for Mariota early while also developing his ability to win from the pocket, which is what Mariota will need to succeed long term. If the Jets don't take Mariota here, their other options include receiver Amari Cooper, cornerback Trae Waynes and pass-rusher Shane Ray.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Danny Shelton

Chicago Bears (5-11)

COLLEGE: Washington

WT: 339

POS: DT

i

Analysis: Shelton could become the centerpiece of the Bears' new 3-4 front in coordinator Vic Fangio's defense. They really need a versatile, big body, and Shelton provides that as a stout run defender who can occasionally collapse the pocket as a pass-rusher. Chicago also needs to add an edge rusher or two, which is why I considered slotting Missouri's Shane Ray here, but I think the team can look to address that need, as well as safety, on Day 2.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Shane Ray

Atlanta Falcons (6-10)

COLLEGE: Missouri

WT: 240

i

Analysis: We moved Ray down our board a little bit this week, to No. 15. His below-average performance in the bench press (21 reps) and the fact that he weighed in at just 246 pounds is a little bit of a concern when you scroll through the list of the NFL's sack leaders and recognize how many of them have power as a major component of their games. I also haven't been blown away by what I've seen from Ray on tape so far. However, he was a very productive player at Missouri, and once we get a chance to do his full evaluation and see his testing results at his pro day (he wasn't able to run in Indy due to an injury), we might move him back up. And the Falcons are in serious need of pass-rushing help for new head coach Dan Quinn's defense.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Brandon Scherff

New York Giants (6-10)

COLLEGE: Iowa

WT: 319

POS: OT

i

Analysis: I considered Oregon's Arik Armstead here because the Giants need a pass-rusher, especially if they can't work out a way to keep Jason Pierre-Paul. I think Armstead is an underrated prospect with an outstanding combination of size, agility and power, but he's a former basketball player who isn't known for being the toughest dude on the field, so I don't know that he'd be the right fit for a Tom Coughlin-coached team. Instead, I'll give them the ultimate tough guy in Scherff, who could either take over at right tackle for Justin Pugh or provide a major upgrade at left guard (with second-year lineman Weston Richburg likely to bump inside to center, his natural position).

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Amari Cooper

St. Louis Rams (6-10)

COLLEGE: Alabama

HT: 6-0

WT: 211

i

Analysis: The Rams' biggest need is at quarterback, but in this scenario they aren't getting one. We don't project trades in these mocks, and it's hard to see St. Louis being able to draft Winston or Mariota on April 30 without trading up to do so. The next-biggest need is offensive line, but with Scherff off the board, there isn't a great value match at this point. (My highest-rated tackle is Andrus Peat, but he's more of a pure left tackle who doesn't fit this team's physical approach perfectly.) So I have them filling their need at wide receiver with a great value pick in Cooper, our No. 3 overall player. He is NFL-ready with great savvy as a route runner, separation skills, ball skills and run-after-catch ability. His 4.42 40-yard dash at the combine confirmed he has good speed.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Trae Waynes

Minnesota Vikings (7-9)

COLLEGE: Michigan State

WT: 186

POS: CB

i

Analysis: I think this pick could come down to Waynes and Louisville receiver DeVante Parker, who was Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater's favorite target at Louisville and is a top-10 player on our board. But Minnesota really needs help at corner, so I'll go with Waynes. He really helped himself at the combine by running a 4.31 40-yard dash, which eliminated any concerns about his speed after showing a little bit of tightness on tape. He is a technically sound cover corner with good instincts and football character. Plus, he plays hard and isn't afraid to show up in run support.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

DeVante Parker

Cleveland Browns (7-9)

COLLEGE: Louisville

WT: 207

i

Analysis: The Browns' quarterback situation is a mess, with Brian Hoyer a free agent and 2014 first-rounder Johnny Manziel currently in rehab after a rookie season in which he struggled. But the only way they're going to find an answer in this year's draft is if they package the No. 12 and No. 19 picks to move up into the top five to draft Mariota, and I don't think they will (or should) do that. So their next-biggest needs are probably right tackle, wide receiver and nose tackle, and in Parker they're getting a big, productive wide receiver who quietly put up some impressive workout numbers at the combine -- 4.45 40-yard dash, 36.5-inch vertical jump, 10 foot, 5 inch broad jump -- that matched the explosiveness he displays on tape.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Vic Beasley

New Orleans Saints (7-9)

COLLEGE: Clemson

WT: 220

i

Analysis: I've got cornerback, outside linebacker, inside linebacker and offensive line as the Saints' biggest need areas, and in Beasley they'd be filling one of those while upgrading their pass rush. He turned in one of the best all-around workouts of the 322 players invited to this year's combine. He still needs to improve the power element to his game, both as a pass-rusher and when setting the edge versus the run, but he provided some indication that he'll be able to do exactly that by adding 26 pounds to his frame since last spring. Moreover, he has the fastest first step of any defender I've studied on tape this year, his football character is outstanding and he was remarkably productive at Clemson (44.5 tackles for loss and 25 sacks the past two seasons). This pick would make four edge rushers in the top 13.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Kevin Johnson

Miami Dolphins (8-8)

COLLEGE: Wake Forest

WT: 188

i

Analysis: This is a bit of a reach here, as Johnson is our 20th-ranked prospect, but given how many good young wide receivers there are in the NFL right now (with another good class on the way), teams such as Miami that need help at cornerback could feel compelled to reach a little bit on the best cornerback prospects in this class. Johnson is an underrated cover corner with excellent change-of-direction skills and good size at 6-foot, and he quietly turned in one of the better overall combine workouts among defensive backs. His 4.52 40 time is slightly above average for a corner, but what was overlooked were his outstanding results in the jumps (41.5-inch vertical, 10 foot, 10 inch broad) and shuttles (3.89 short shuttle, 6.79 long), matching the explosiveness and fluidity he shows on tape. Washington cornerback Marcus Peters is the better player, but his behavioral baggage could push him down the board.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Arik Armstead

San Francisco 49ers (8-8)

COLLEGE: Oregon

HT: 6-7

WT: 292

i

Analysis: The 49ers need a receiver who can stretch the field vertically, and there are several from which they could choose at this spot, but they also could be looking at upgrades at corner, offensive line and on the defensive front. Armstead is a great value pick at this spot (he's our No. 9 overall player), with an outstanding combination of size, agility and power. He shows violent hands to get off of blocks in the running game and as a pass-rusher. The arrow is pointing the right way with him, and he could be the heir apparent to Justin Smith, who is considering retirement.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Andrus Peat

Houston Texans (9-7)

COLLEGE: Stanford

WT: 313

i

Analysis: The Texans are a tough team to project prior to free agency because they have free agents they might need to replace via the draft at nearly every position on defense, depending on how things go. But as of now, right tackle is a need area, and Peat is a great value at this spot (No. 7 on our board). He has played left tackle his entire career, so the Texans would have to be comfortable with him transitioning to the right side if they want him to replace free-agent Derek Newton opposite current left tackle Duane Brown. But if they are, Peat is a big-time talent, with good size, length, awareness and quick feet. He has been inconsistent with his balance and as a finisher, but he's young (21 years old) and should continue to improve. Houston needs to upgrade at quarterback but doesn't have any options to do that in this scenario.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Malcom Brown

San Diego Chargers (9-7)

COLLEGE: Texas

WT: 319

i

Analysis: The Chargers need to upgrade the interior of their defensive line, as Sean Lissemore isn't working out at nose tackle and last year's fifth-rounder, Ryan Carrethers, only played in six games as a rookie. Brown could help right away, because at 6-2, 319 pounds he has the size and strength to not only upgrade the San Diego run defense but also add some much-needed pass-rushing production from the nose tackle spot. As a bonus, he's versatile enough to play all along the defensive line in different fronts.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Dorial Green-Beckham

Kansas City Chiefs (9-7)

COLLEGE: Missouri

HT: 6-5

WT: 237

i

Analysis: The Chiefs could really use a downfield threat at the wide receiver position (you've probably heard this a few times by now, but they didn't have a wide receiver catch a touchdown pass in 2014), and if they want one with slightly less risk, then Michigan's Devin Funchess and Arizona State's Jaelen Strong are options here. However, it's easy to see why they might take a chance on Green-Beckham. He has a unique skill set at 6-5, 237 pounds with 4.49 speed and flashed some impressive play as a true sophomore for Missouri in 2013. However, he's very raw on tape and has had some significant off-field incidents that resulted in his dismissal from the Missouri football program, so this would be a high-risk/high-reward pick.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Ereck Flowers

Cleveland Browns (7-9)

COLLEGE: Miami (FL)

WT: 329

i

Analysis: I had the Browns take Louisville receiver DeVante Parker at No. 12, so with this pick they'll address their need at right tackle. Flowers has a really good combination of size, strength, agility and toughness. He can get better with his hand placement and he needs to work at keeping his pads down more consistently, but the weaknesses he shows on tape are correctable. Additionally, he possesses great football character and takes well to coaching.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Landon Collins

Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)

COLLEGE: Alabama

WT: 228

POS: S

i

Analysis: I know from talking to Chip Kelly previously how highly he thinks of Mariota, his former quarterback at Oregon, but I don't know whether he'd be willing to pay a really high price in terms of draft picks and other assets to move up to draft him. Regardless, we don't project trades in these mock drafts anyway, and Collins would fill a need at safety, with strong safety Nate Allen a free agent this offseason. Collins has weakside linebacker size (6-0, 228 pounds) and impressive straight-line speed (4.53 40), and while he has some limitations in man-to-man coverage, he's got good range in deep zone coverage and he fills hard in run support. Washington cornerback Marcus Peters is another possibility here, since the Eagles need help at corner.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Bud Dupree

Cincinnati Bengals (10-5-1)

COLLEGE: Kentucky

WT: 269

POS: OLB

i

Analysis: The Bengals need to upgrade their pass rush, and while Dupree needs polish and is inconsistent from game to game on tape, he has the physical tools to develop into a really good edge rusher in the NFL. The explosive ability he flashes on tape were verified with his ridiculous combine workout: At 6-4, 269 pounds, he ran a 4.56 40 and turned in the best score among linebackers in both the vertical (42 inches) and broad (11 feet, 6 inches) jump.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Jalen Collins

Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5)

COLLEGE: LSU

HT: 6-1

WT: 203

i

Analysis: Three of the Steelers' outside linebackers (James Harrison, Arthur Moats and Jason Worilds) are free agents, so that could quickly become a need area for them this offseason. For now, we'll have them address their secondary (both corner and safety are an issue) with Collins. He lacks ideal starting experience and still needs to refine his technique, but he's a long cornerback (an increasingly valuable commodity in today's NFL) with excellent movement skills and speed. He is also very good in run support.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Cameron Erving

Detroit Lions (11-5)

WT: 313

POS: OC

i

Analysis: The Lions could look to draft a defensive tackle here whether Ndamukong Suh returns or not -- Nick Fairley, Andre Fluellen and C.J. Mosley are all free agents as well -- but that isn't their only need. Cornerback, wide receiver and running back are other positions they could address, and the offensive line needs help, too, with quarterback Matthew Stafford being sacked 45 times last season. Erving could take over at center for Detroit, moving Travis Swanson to left guard. Those two, plus a healthy LaAdrian Waddle, would fill out a strong offensive line, with right guard Larry Warford and left tackle Riley Reiff playing at above-average levels at their respective positions.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Eli Harold

Arizona Cardinals (11-5)

COLLEGE: Virginia

WT: 237

POS: OLB

i

Analysis: This is a reach in that Harold is only the No. 37 player on our board, but the Cardinals need to improve their pass rush and six have already gone off the board in this scenario. Also, Harold flashed elite physical tools that speak to his upside at the next level with his combine workout, putting up excellent numbers in the three drills most predictive of success for pass-rushers -- the 40-yard dash, the 10-yard split and short shuttle -- delivering excellent results of 4.6, 1.56 and 4.16, respectively. Arizona could also look to address the D-line, inside linebacker and running back positions this offseason.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

T.J. Clemmings

Carolina Panthers (7-8-1)

COLLEGE: Pittsburgh

WT: 309

i

Analysis: The Panthers count both left tackle and right tackle among their positions of need, and Clemmings could step in and fill the hole on the right side. He's very raw, having only played offensive line the past two seasons, but he is a huge, powerful run-blocker who has enough mobility to develop into a good starter at right tackle in the NFL.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Marcus Peters

Baltimore Ravens (10-6)

COLLEGE: Washington

HT: 5-11

WT: 197

i

Analysis: Cornerback and safety have to be the priority positions for the Ravens this offseason, although they could also go with a wide receiver, running back or pass-rusher at this spot depending upon how the board shakes out. Based strictly off his tape, Peters is the best all-around cornerback in the class, with a good combination of instincts, cover skills, toughness and ball skills. The reason I have him sliding this fall is that he was kicked off Washington's football team this fall for repeated behavioral issues. The Ravens would have to feel comfortable with his character before drafting him, but they took a chance on a corner with similar baggage in Jimmy Smith a few years back, and Smith has fallen in line while becoming a productive player for Baltimore.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Melvin Gordon

Dallas Cowboys (12-4)

COLLEGE: Wisconsin

WT: 215

POS: RB

i

Analysis: Cornerback, defensive line and tight end are among the positions Dallas could look to address this offseason, and depending upon how the DeMarco Murray and Dez Bryant contract situations turn out, running back and wide receiver could also become priorities. If the Cowboys can keep only one of those guys, Murray is likely the odd man out as the 27-year old running back. Gordon's running style and skill set is very similar to Murray's as a workhorse who runs hard, gets from zero to 60 in a flash and displays great vision and patience as a runner, which would make him an ideal replacement. He isn't great in the passing game but showed some improvement at it this season. This pick would break the two-year streak of no running backs being drafted in the first round.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Eddie Goldman

Denver Broncos (12-4)

WT: 336

i

Analysis: This pick is largely dependent upon how free agency goes for the Broncos -- tight end, wide receiver and offensive line are all positions they could address. But if nose tackle Terrance Knighton leaves as a free agent, which seems likely at this point, Goldman is a good pick to replace him this late in the first round. Goldman is a stout run defender at 6-4, 336 pounds. He gets some push as a pass-rusher, although that isn't his strength, but Knighton doesn't provide much in that area, either.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

La'el Collins

Indianapolis Colts (11-5)

COLLEGE: LSU

WT: 305

i

Analysis: The Colts will likely be hoping for one of the pass-rushers already off the board in this mock draft to drop to No. 29, as they need some youth at the perimeter rusher spots. Bjoern Werner hasn't shown enough promise for them to count on him emerging in 2015, and Robert Mathis turns 34 on Feb. 26. But in this scenario, the market on pass-rusher prospects has run dry, so I have them upgrading their offensive line with Collins, who could play either right tackle or right guard for Indianapolis. Georgia running back Todd Gurley is another possibility here.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Jordan Phillips

Green Bay Packers (12-4)

COLLEGE: Oklahoma

Class: Soph

WT: 329

i

Analysis: The Packers have needs at inside linebacker, which is why Mississippi State's Benardrick McKinney could make sense here, and tight end, but both of those are positions they can address on Day 2. Defensive tackles B.J. Raji and Letroy Guion are free agents (Guion is also currently dealing with legal trouble), so drafting a replacement at nose tackle in Phillips makes sense. To be clear, Phillips' game tape is not that of a first-round pick; his effort is very up and down. But there are only so many human beings with the combination of size (6-5, 329 pounds) and athletic ability that Phillips possesses. He's three inches taller, 10 pounds heavier and has two-inch longer arms than Texas' Malcom Brown, yet he outperformed Brown in the vertical and broad jumps and had nearly identical times in his shuttle runs. If he becomes more consistent with his effort, he could be a very good player in the NFL.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Todd Gurley

Seattle Seahawks (12-4)

COLLEGE: Georgia

WT: 222

POS: RB

i

Analysis: If the Seahawks sign Marshawn Lynch to a long-term contract, then you can cross this pick off the list. But I have a hard time believing that's going to happen, and Gurley would make a lot of sense as a long-term replacement for Lynch in Seattle. The best NFL comp I can come up with for Gurley is Lynch, and he's a premier talent in this class with his combination of speed and power. Durability is a question mark with him, as he is currently recovering from a torn ACL. The Seahawks also need help along both lines, and LSU's La'el Collins could be an option if he falls to this spot. Miami tight end Clive Walford would be a good fit in the second round.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

Carl Davis

New England Patriots (12-4)

COLLEGE: Iowa

WT: 320

i

Analysis: Todd Gurley would be an intriguing option here if he fell to this spot, and Michigan receiver Devin Funchess might also make sense as another weapon in the passing game alongside Rob Gronkowski. But Davis would help shore up the defensive line. His effort was inconsistent at Iowa but he has the traits you're looking for at the position: 6-5, 320 pounds with 34.6-inch arms and very good explosiveness (5.07 40-yard dash and a 39-inch vertical leap). Vince Wilfork would need to teach Davis how to be a pro.

Video highlights
watch.png

PLAYER CARD

[COLOR=#red]McShay and I have the same first 7... mine came out on Monday. Who's reading who around here?

Come on guys, give RJ's mock some love. :lol:

That Kevin Johnson Dolphins pick tho... yeeesh. Not in the first. DT (Shelton or Brown) or Trae. Or one of the big 3 in the recievers if one falls to 14 would be my wish list.[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Chan Gailey can incorparate some stuff for him to succeed. The players around him aren't horrible either.

I just want the same starting QB for more than 1 season. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom