Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Can everyone safely admit that last night Cardale Jones looked more like an NFL quarterback than Mariota? Just answer it with a simple yes or no answer...I don't want to hear some long, drug out BS on the reasoning.

There was one throw that I saw that was :wow: other than that, it's like Statis said.

Somewhere late in the game, I think it was the 4th, ESPN showed a replay from behind the play, and he stood in the pocket, threw the ball on a line right into the middle of the field, between 3-4 Ducks, right in stride of the receiver coming across the middle. I was stunned. 3rd game, late, Championship, and he made that throw, and I still have never seen Marcus make that type of throw.

That don't make him "more ready" at all, but it's a throw that sorta woke me up so to speak when I saw it.

I can't remember what receiver tho, or what the down/score was, I just remember it was late. Maybe 28-20, or even 21-20 maybe.

Dallas/Arizona could be potential landing spots for Jones...if N.O. trades back, he'd be a good candidate to sit behind Brees for a while.

Cardale Jones should leave.

100%

He has no reason to stay. for what? He's already accomplished the main goal.

Go now. Ride this high you are on.

Going back would be a mistake

He has a 2 month old daughter and i think another kid as well.

This is a no brainer.

Last edited:
How is it a no brainer for a guy who has started 3 games in 3 years to leave? :lol:

Like Gunna said, this isn't the NBA Draft. No team is going to waste a first round pick on a kid who literally has no tape to go off of. Don't be a prisoner of the moment.

How is it a no brainer for a guy who has started 3 games in 3 years to leave? :lol:

Like Gunna said, this isn't the NBA Draft. No team is going to waste a first round pick on a kid who literally has no tape to go off of. Don't be a prisoner of the moment.

They ain't gonna have any tape next year either. So you midas well get them checks if you gonna be riding the bench.

Last edited:
Someone is gonna take him... probably not 1st round but 2nd or 3rd he will be gone.

Period.

Some GM will do it..

so you saying he gonna take Tampa to a Super Bowl as a rookie?

then some more super bowls after?

Did I say that he was going to have the EXACT same career as him? No.....but I think they could be pretty similar players, and Winston has a chance to be even better than him.

It's a no-brainer for him to leave because he's 22 and his stock may never be higher. This 3 game stretch put him on the NFL radar. If he kills it in his workouts...and I mean, absolutely KILLS it, he's going have a few GMs really thinking hard about using a late 1st round pick on him.

It's a no-brainer for him to leave because he's 22 and his stock may never be higher. This 3 game stretch put him on the NFL radar. If he kills it in his workouts...and I mean, absolutely KILLS it, he's going have a few GMs really thinking hard about using a late 1st round pick on him.

Totally agree.

Plus lets be real here the dude hates school and classes. He even said it himself.

He just had a kid too.

He needs to get paid.

He reminds me of a black Big Ben :lol:

or DPep

maybe he'll just be another JaMarcus

Did I say that he was going to have the EXACT same career as him? No.....but I think they could be pretty similar players, and Winston has a chance to be even better than him.

Dont set ya self up man

Cardale should leave and trick some team into taking him because if he is the starter next year at OSU then he will be exposed

I really can't believe the hype people on putting on this dude for the NFL

MM wasn't even bad yesterday but y'all just want to slander that young man, it's ironic Manziel was going to amazing in the NFL and MM won't be, if MM acted like a tool in college I bet the opinions would be different on NT

Last edited:
I really don't get where you're coming from....you keep on giving these little side comments about Jameis without even giving a real opinion of your own on why you feel that way.

If EJ Manuel got taken in the first I don't see how Jones can't fool some team into doing it.

Not to mention the NFL isn't like how it was before with 1st founders making wild money.
EJ had how many starts and how many years of game tape?

EJ Manuel played 31 games at FSU though

I don't think saying "so and so" was drafted in the 1st round is really comparable to someone who played 3 games at the age of 22

Bottom line, none of this is an exact science.

There was plenty of tape on Tom Brady, nobody got that right.

There was tape on Ryan Leaf, didn't work out for where he went.

Russ went 3rd round.

Jamarcus went first pick.

Locker, Gabbert, EJ, Ponder, it don't matter. Tape or no tape, they all throwin darts and takin whatever they can get. Sometimes a coach spots something and it works out, sometimes no matter how much work gets put in, the light never comes on.

He could get draft after 3 games and shine, or he could bust.
He could come back next year, get draft and shine, or bust.
He could play at Ohio State two more year, get drafted and shine, or bust.

That's the reality of the game.

Bottom line, none of this is an exact science.

Aaron Rodgers was a product of the Cal system, most of his yardage was YAC, and scouts thought he would be just another Kyle Boller.
Teddy Bridgewater had some of the best college tape I've seen, but because of skinny knees and a bad pro day, almost fell out of the first round.
Jake Locker was made of paper mache in college... and still got drafted top 10 somehow. He's still a walking band-aid.
Alex Smith went 1st overall and can't throw the ball more than 10 yards.
Tony Romo went undrafted.

At this point in any of these kids careers, who knows what'll happen. :lol: It's a QB driven league so someone will gamble.

Last edited:
If Matt Jones can get drafted to a completely different position in the first round based off of athleticism and and a good showing at the combine, there is hope for Cardale.

I think he's as good as gone. Dude is obviously raw...but he's 22 and has other needs. If he can show out with his workouts etc., I do think there will be a gm/coaching staff who would be willing to take a risk in the 20-30 range.
how is that even close to the same thing?

Locker fit the ol' "looks good in shorts and t-shirt" prototype, and teams liked his mobility and size. Thought they could develop him into a franchise qb.

Back
Top Bottom