Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Maidana is still in good enough shape to compete at Caneloweight.

Last edited:
Lemiiex fight is off. He couldnt make weight
Lol, I was watching the FSD stream of this card tonight and when it came time for the main event they started showing a tape-delayed 6-rounder and I was like "WTF?" Had no idea the fight was scrapped.

I gotta say I watch A LOT of boxing and consider myself pretty in-the-know, but man... y'all running circles round me! Now that I'm caught up from last week's action I'm really looking forward to following this thread more closely so I can sop up some of this knowledge you guys are throwing out on the reg.

nthat.gif

Paul Gift ‏@MMAanalytics  56m56 minutes ago
TR: On Mar 3, judge admonished Haymon for "unbelievably obstructive" discovery conduct. TR now trying to compel Warriors in FL.
 Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  2h2 hours ago
Word is N. Walters has a lot of issues behind the scenes with his management, right now #boxing

Paul Gift ‏@MMAanalytics  56m56 minutes ago

TR: On Mar 3, judge admonished Haymon for "unbelievably obstructive" discovery conduct. TR now trying to compel Warriors in FL.
 Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  2h2 hours ago

Word is N. Walters has a lot of issues behind the scenes with his management, right now #boxing

No surprise, his manager(forgot his name) has a history of fixing fights.

Anyone watching PBC tonight on FS1?

nerd.gif

Love these smaller fights. Ukrainian cat fighting a journeyman right now on the UC, and the commentators are talking about the Uk's sneakers "I don't think they're boxing shoes, but they're nice Nikes!" 
laugh.gif

Anyone watching PBC tonight on FS1?
:nerd:

Love these smaller fights. Ukrainian cat fighting a journeyman right now on the UC, and the commentators are talking about the Uk's sneakers "I don't think they're boxing shoes, but they're nice Nikes!" :lol:

Nothing beats Anthony Mundine wearing Nike Frees while Clottey was knocking him down repeatedly. David Haye was wearing tennis shoes or trainers in one fight.

quarters almost over and its been really meh, was hyped for that thurman/porter showcase but we know what happened there. most intriguing match up im looking forward to is canelo/khan, and thats in 2 months. 2016 boxing thus far :x

Become such a huge fan of Jersey Boy through following him on social media. Kid has so much heart, but man...to be on a year long layoff, to be facing Lemieux in your first fight at 160 is no easy task. Obviously there are still questions about Tapia's chin and Lemieux is a banger but he ain't invincible. Will be rooting for Tapia heavy, but if he loses (badly) should probably consider an early retirement.

On a side note, Lemieux badly missed weight and has his comeback fight cancelled only to end up on the undercard of a major PPV. :rolleyes

On a side note, Lemieux badly missed weight and has his comeback fight cancelled only to end up on the undercard of a major PPV. :rolleyes

Yeah, right? Dude ruined a whole card (which was PPV in Canada, btw) by coming in 3+ lbs over, and he ends up on one of the biggest cards of early '16. Must have one hell of a manager.

Ya know this is my homie but I question this decision, I'm tired of these fools throwing my dude to the wolves :smh:

I was hoping he took a couple of tune up fights to get back on track, if he loses this fight then I'm not sure where his career goes from here :frown:

You prob know better than me but it seems like there were no options for tune ups. Seems like it was either be the opponent for Lemieux or continue to sit on the sidelines. Signed with GBP, BTW.

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  2h2 hours ago Los Angeles, CA
So what does everyone think of a possibility of a Canelo-Cotto 2 in Sept? RNS/Cotto want it bad Im told. #boxing

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  2h2 hours ago Los Angeles, CA

So what does everyone think of a possibility of a Canelo-Cotto 2 in Sept? RNS/Cotto want it bad Im told. #boxing

That's what I've been speculating the past couple weeks. If Khan somehow spoils the party, I don't think Haymon will work with Roc Nation to make Cotto vs Khan.

Excellent discussion

Ep. 77: Jim Lampley by The Bill Simmons Podcast | Free Listening on SoundCloud

HBO and The Ringer's Bill Simmons welcomes fellow HBOer Jim Lampley to discuss his Mount Rushmore of boxing, Mike Tyson's self-awareness (24:00), the current top fighters (30:00), Floyd Mayweather's legacy (35:00), boxing vs. UFC (41:00), concussions in boxing (52:00), the burden of being the first sideline reporter (1:00:00), and all things Howard Cosell (1:06:00).

Back
Top Bottom