Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

One guy has made his name off of fighting cab drivers and garbage men. One guy claims everyone from 147-168 is ducking him but when the guy at 168 says he'd fight him, him and his team start this nonsense about weight when he was willing to fight other fighters in 168. One guy is willing to test himself and fight Kovalev in a new weight class. The other guy is Gennady Golovkin.

I agree, I meant in terms of largely being untested. Both have fought a few guys meant to give them trouble, but handily won. The exception being GGG actually stops the guys he should stop and award cannot.

Ward's resume really isn't that spectacular to be honest.

If Ward's resume isn't spectacular then what is GGG's?

If Ward's resume isn't spectacular then what is GGG's?

Equivalent to Ward's, thought that was self explanatory.

What has GGG said about 147? Most I recall was entertaining Mayweather at 154, otherwise he has been pretty clear on his intention to stay at 160 til he beats everybody that is dodging him.

You're reaching and it is not a good look. I'm sorry Ward is boring and looks like a less marketable Mayweather stylewise, but people don't tune in to watch Ward the way they do for GGG.

Let's let Kovalev destroy Ward and GGG fight Jacobs when Canelita continues to duck.

Last edited:
*rings bell*

I don't care how exciting or how popular or unpopular ward is, the **** he does in the ring is unmatched by anyone fighting right now including Bud.

The most technically sound fighter in the game.
How many punches did he slip with just slight movement last night. **** was beautiful

Last edited:
Equivalent to Ward's, thought that was self explanatory.

What has GGG said about 147? Most I recall was entertaining Mayweather at 154, otherwise he has been pretty clear on his intention to stay at 160 til he beats everybody that is dodging him.

You're reaching and it is not a good look. I'm sorry Ward is boring and looks like a less marketable Mayweather stylewise, but people don't tune in to watch Ward the way they do for GGG.

Let's let Kovalev destroy Ward and GGG fight Jacobs when Canelita continues to duck.

The only one reaching is you. You're desperately trying to hype GGG's resume when it reads like a cabbie of the month club. You probably caught an Uber from Willie Monroe. I have no problem if Ward gets beat by Kovalev because I want the best fighting the best. Ward taking an L to Kovalev won't save GGG's resume.

So when Martin Murray beat Martinez, the guy that KO'ed The Punisher, at home and got screwed on the decision it solidified Murray as a cab driver?

And I guess Ward gets a pass for tying himself up in meaningless litigation for years?

Last edited:
This fight is going to be great. Barerra is an excellent fighter and I want to see how Ward looks after his extended layoffs. I expect Ward to switch between the orthodox and southpaw stance but I also expect Barerra's Cuban bozing pedigree to shine tonight. This fight will be LIT.
Was surprised ward never once switched was hoping to see him switch it up but he never really needed to in this fight

[

I agree, I meant in terms of largely being untested. Both have fought a few guys meant to give them trouble, but handily won. The exception being GGG actually stops the guys he should stop and award cannot.

Ward's resume really isn't that spectacular to be honest.
. How can you question wards resume when he walkthed through the super six tournament? Came in a one of the lesser names and came out on top. He didn't get to cherry pick his fights. Yet that is all GGG has done

Ward looked great last night. He went up in weight put a man down and didn't even show off his full aresenal. Looking forward to the ward fight.

Let ward win that fight and the same haters will cape for GGG or make excuses for kovalev. Dudes jus don't want to acknowledge greatness when they see it smh.

If all you wanna see if knockouts go watch mma or show up and watch some undercards

No one is giving Ward a pass for litigation with Goosen. He was clearly in the wrong. What does that have to do with GGG's resume?
I guess Adama was an excellent win? I give GGG credit for Martin Murray.

Last edited:
So when Martin Murray beat Martinez, the guy that KO'ed The Punisher, at home and got screwed on the decision it solidified Murray as a cab driver?

And I guess Ward gets a pass for tying himself up in meaningless litigation for years?
You act like he beat a prime Martinez coming right off the punisher fights. Martinez def lost that but was clearly not the same man as he was jus like when he got in the ring with cotto.

No one is giving Ward a pass for litigation with Goosen. He was clearly in the wrong. What does that have to do with GGG's resume?
I guess Adama was an excellent win? I give GGG credit for Martin Murray.

It has nothing buddy is simply reaching BC he is a GGG homer. Lol buddy was prolly a big bronee fan as well prior to maidana.

I like GGG but at this point he is another Tyson who has yet to fight anybody not already intimidated before getting in the ring. When GGG fights another fighter or is the underdog in a fight holla at me

Please don't associate me with any of the About Buttplay fans, he's always been trash.

I am definitely a fan of GGG, but the hate is unwarranted. How many times has GGG destroyed somebody that many in this thread believed would be a good test? Then folks decided that their initial opinion of the opponent being a good test was wrong because they were trash?

They need to make a fight with Jacobs, then GGG can move up because nobody else viewed as a good challenge is willing to fight him.

You really think Ward would be willing to accept being the B side in a fight with GGG? Can't deny the casual fan doesn't care about what the worlds most dangerous commentator is up to.

Please don't associate me with any of the About Buttplay fans, he's always been trash.

I am definitely a fan of GGG, but the hate is unwarranted. How many times has GGG destroyed somebody that many in this thread believed would be a good test? Then folks decided that their initial opinion of the opponent being a good test was wrong because they were trash?

They need to make a fight with Jacobs, then GGG can move up because nobody else viewed as a good challenge is willing to fight him.

You really think Ward would be willing to accept being the B side in a fight with GGG? Can't deny the casual fan doesn't care about what the worlds most dangerous commentator is up to.

Like you I am also a fan of GGG bit at the same time to tear ward down to make a case for GGG is unwarranted Lol.

In my opinion neither fighter really deserves to be the A side. Jus split the money 50-50. Both can and would benefit from the platform. I don't think either has more to gain then the other fighter

Daniel Jacobs ‏@DanielJacobsTKO  36m36 minutes ago
There's been a lot a talk about my next .. wanna make it clear, I'll fight anyone they put in front of me . But I want B.J !

billyjoesaunders ‏@bjsaunders_  9m9 minutes ago
@DanielJacobsTKO you want me I'll kick your *** son ' your not even world champ belt number2 you hold
laugh.gif

This actually kinda reminds me of the "Who would win between Roy Jones and Felix Trinidad" discussion that went on in 2001.

The guy in the lower weight class KO'ing everyone. The guy at 168-175 outclassing everyone who steps in the ring with him.

...then Tito got waxed by Hopkins

Last edited:
Ward going up to 175 for Kovalev and GGG staying at 160 basically makes the whole discussion almost useless. Fight coulda been made but it's gone now. If Ward manages to beat Kovalev though, all the who's better GGG or Ward **** should be officially deaded.

Ward going up to 175 for Kovalev and GGG staying at 160 basically makes the whole discussion almost useless. Fight coulda been made but it's gone now. If Ward manages to beat Kovalev though, all the who's better GGG or Ward **** should be officially deaded.

I heard GGG bested Kov in sparring though, even though it was a while ago.

From GGG's stand point, it's understandable to go after Canelo, the "Middleweight" champ. That's where the big money and name is.

I heard GGG bested Kov in sparring though, even though it was a while ago.

From GGG's stand point, it's understandable to go after Canelo, the "Middleweight" champ. That's where the big money and name is.

Yeah that's what Abel claims. Kovalev and his camp claim that he didn't go all out in sparring against GGG because they're friends or something like that. But I do kinda lean towards Abel telling the truth though because Kovalev is such a ****head that I don't understand how he'd be worried about going hard in sparring all of a sudden.

Point still stands though that if Ward figures out how to neutralize the taller longer heavier fighter, I don't see him having a big problem doing a similar thing to GGG

Back
Top Bottom