Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Canelo is overhyped. Triple G is overhyped. They should should just fight each other, so one of them gets the overhyped tag removed from them :smokin

I believe if this fight happens it will be a true test for Canelita cuz GGG tested Stevens and lemieux power and I don't think Saul has face anyone with power.

One question thou, Did Floyd get heat for beating smaller opponent like JMM. I don't remember...

He didnt get hype for the fight initially because both manny and JMM were coming up to welterweight and fighting.

He did however get flack for not even trying to make weight. JMM got some extra money that night but got dominated by Mayweathers speed. Thats when all questions about best counter puncher got put to rest.

Canelo vs GGG will be worth the money. Everyone knew Khan would get KOed. The only hope he had was to run all fight. He is dumb for trying to even exchange with Canelo.

I honestly don't think GGG is over rated. I think he is rated pretty well. He has the experience factor on Canelo and he has a lot of power in both hands. Canelo might have a small speed advantage but if he is going to have to counter punch vs GGG all fight its going to be very very interesting if he can withstand the power and pressure that Golvkin can put on a fighter.

Id take GGG over Canelo

Last edited:
It's not going to happen but GGG-Canelo with Chocolatito-JFE as the co-main at Cowboys Stadium in Sept would be 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Canelo is boxed in. He has three money fights and they are all L's Unless he knocks out pacquiao. Pacquiao, mayweather or triple g. What khan did for two rounds pacquiao would do for 8-10 rounds!
Canelo the catchweight king of 155. Imagine if he fought Manny Pacquiao, the original catchweight king. Pacquiao is the A-side of the fight, what if he fought Canelo for the middleweight title but drained Canelo to a catchweight of 150 and demanded a rehydration clause to 153?

A bit bias, but what the youtube owner don't acknowledge is GGG has the best jab in the game and one of the hardest jabs. His jabs will be key to prevent Canelo from trying to get a good offense in. Canelo doesn't even have a good jab or even jabs much at all. He didn't do that for the Khan fight. GGG also has a chin and never respects anyones power so far so I doubt he'll respect light MW Canelo's.

Honestly I think David Lemieux can beat Canelo and maybe Curtis Stevens can beat Canelo too.

Last edited:
Nah lemieux vs canelo will go 12 rounds. Canelo will get the dany swift treatment.

Didnt WBC say they werent gona give canelo 7 days to say something? Cuz he doesnt fight GGG im sure golden boy can get canelo vs lemieux crackin.

The outcome of that fight will let us know

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  2h2 hours ago
To clarify my earlier tweet, I got a press release from BZA stating that as of this moment, Showtime is NOT televising Wilder-Povetkin

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  1h1 hour ago
@elyogui83 - still being negotiated, the Rusky's are being very difficult about this, I was told...
mean.gif

Last edited:
A bit bias, but what the youtube owner don't acknowledge is GGG has the best jab in the game and one of the hardest jabs. His jabs will be key to prevent Canelo from trying to get a good offense in. Canelo doesn't even have a good jab or even jabs much at all. He didn't do that for the Khan fight. GGG also has a chin and never respects anyones power so far so I doubt he'll respect light MW Canelo's.

Honestly I think David Lemieux can beat Canelo and maybe Curtis Stevens can beat Canelo too.

All of that. I've never been that high on Canelo. He's good but he ain't great, and he's been taking advantage of weight/size advantage and judging this whole time. GGG should put him away.

Yah I didn't agree with him about GGG, I just liked the slow-mo breakdown because when I saw it live (didn't pay for it) it looked like Khan connected more punches than he actually did.

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  2h2 hours ago

To clarify my earlier tweet, I got a press release from BZA stating that as of this moment, Showtime is NOT televising Wilder-Povetkin

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  1h1 hour ago

@elyogui83 - still being negotiated, the Rusky's are being very difficult about this, I was told...
:smh:  

Really wanted to see this :smh:

At least from what I read, Chavez Jr wanted the fight but Big Bob needed him to sign an extension.
Read that JCC JR didn't want an extension and top rank cut his pay by 80%

What top rank did was pure evil and robbed everyone of a fun fight because of their greed

Jr needs to get back in the ring asap

Back
Top Bottom