Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

You posting this because you think Trout beats Jermall?

Jermall is very good, very big and hits very hard

Can't wait for this great card on Saturday

You posting this because you think Trout beats Jermall?
Jermall is very good, very big and hits very hard

Can't wait for this great card on Saturday
Austin Trout is one of my favorite fighters along with Lomachenko and Khan. Who knows if he'll ever be the same after the Lara drubbing in Brooklyn. Watching that live was extremely painful as a supporter. Proud that Trout owns Ws over Cotto and Rodriguez. Also fought Canelo closely and valiantly.

As for Saturday, Trout claims he's going to dispatch both Charlo brothers consecutively. He's definitely the underdog but hoping experience and his boxing skills prior to Lara prevail.

Austin Trout is one of my favorite fighters along with Lomachenko and Khan. Who knows if he'll ever be the same after the Lara drubbing in Brooklyn. Watching that live was extremely painful as a supporter. Proud that Trout owns Ws over Cotto and Rodriguez. Also fought Canelo closely and valiantly.

As for Saturday, Trout claims he's going to dispatch both Charlo brothers consecutively. He's definitely the underdog but hoping experience and his boxing skills prior to Lara prevail.
I was also live at the Lara/Trout fight and it showed how bad Trout is when he has to push the pace

He's made improvements but Jermall is not only a true power puncher but also a great boxer, better than Trout imo

Trout is starting his Charlo plan off with the best of the brothers in an excellent matchup on an even better card

I really can't wait to see how it all unfolds on May 21st
nerd.gif

Correction: Kell Brook wants nobody
Hearn says Brook is likely fighting Vargas this Summer in the UK.

With the KO loss to Canelo, Khan's options are becoming more and more limited. A bout with Brook at Wembley for national pride has always made sense for both sides. Bragging rights, big payday, fan interest. Has all the elements for success.

I was also live at the Lara/Trout fight and it showed how bad Trout is when he has to push the pace
Card was lit aside from Zab looking washed despite tremendous Brooklyn support. Money grab at its finest.

I still to this day thought Ant Dirrell clearly won that fight against Bika, although he faded and stopped attacking as the bout got into deeper rounds.

That was also Shawn Porter's coming-out party against Dev. Introducing his dirty boxing style that some opposing fighters are not used to and uncomfortable with in the ring.

'12 Olympian Marcus Browne was also on the undercard. I went extremely early to watch him.

Hearn says Brook is likely fighting Vargas this Summer in the UK.

With the KO loss to Canelo, Khan's options are becoming more and more limited. A bout with Brook at Wembley for national pride has always made sense for both sides. Bragging rights, big payday, fan interest. Has all the elements for success.
Hearn also said the same thing about Rios last year and it never happened

Hearn also said the day before Khanelo was announced that Khan vs Brook was going to happen in the summer

Brook vs Bundu is most likely

Card was lit aside from Zab looking washed despite tremendous Brooklyn support. Money grab at its finest.

I still to this day thought Ant Dirrell clearly won that fight against Bika, although he faded and stopped attacking as the bout got into deeper rounds.

That was also Shawn Porter's coming-out party against Dev. Introducing his dirty boxing style that some opposing fighters are not used to and uncomfortable with in the ring.

'12 Olympian Marcus Browne was also on the undercard. I went extremely early to watch him.
Agree on the money grab but felt both main event fighters were in on it cause they're actually friends

Had the Dirrell fight a draw and said to some people that he wouldn't win because he ran in the last round and that cost him

Seeing Shawn Porter beat Alexander was the highlight.

Porter's bull rush + angles never gave Alexander a chance to clinch and it was great seeing him lose

Missed the Browne fight but do you think he won his last fight?

Hearn also said the same thing about Rios last year and it never happened
Hearn also said the day before Khanelo was announced that Khan vs Brook was going to happen in the summer

Brook vs Bundu is most likely
Kell Brook is slowly wasting his prime. Since the monumental Porter victory, he's fought Ionut Dan Ion, Gavin, Bizier. All within the UK.

Missed the Browne fight but do you think he won his last fight?
Missed the split against Kalajdzic as well. Have seen Browne live twice: Against Engel (Brooklyn) and Griffin (D.C.). He impressed me both times, but this was 2013-14.

Kell Brook is slowly wasting his prime. Since the monumental Porter victory, he's fought Ionut Dan Ion, Gavin, Bizier. All within the UK.
Missed the split against Kalajdzic as well. Have seen Browne live twice: Against Engel (Brooklyn) and Griffin (D.C.). He impressed me both times, but this was 2013-14.
All of that is Brooks fault

James Degale has the same promoter and he's fighting great competition around the world

Lee Selby has the same promoter and he's in line for fights with Mares, Cuellar, Gary Russell and LSC

Anthony Joshua has the same promoter and he's paying for champions to come over and face him

And Browne seems to have no other plan besides jab, wide punch then clinch. Won't get far with that at 175

@trynalivemane:
You planning to check out Lomachenko/Martinez and Porter/Thurman? Blessed both fights are in NY.
Not going to the Loma fight because of the Porter Thurman fight

Saving up my bucks to buy a real good seat to ^^^^ this

Matchups like that only happen once in a while and I have to be there to witness it

Hearing the undercard will have a lot of NY talent too
happy.gif

So has Mikey Garcia signed or on the verge of joining TMT? Noticed him and Robert sitting ringside with Floyd Friday night. I'd love to see him potentially fight the winner of Crawford Postol.

Khan straight up said he won't fight Brook because he just doesn't like the guy. I guess in his head he just doesn't want to give him a payday. And possibly get KO'd while doing it.

Khan is still #1 contender for the wbc belt I believe tho, and I'm sure Danny and the team wouldn't mind that one too after seeing him get wrecked by Canelo. I'd put my money on Garcia Khan 2 happening before Khan Brook, if it happens at all.

I domt watch stephen a smith and skip bayless when they talk about boxing, but bayless really said canelo should fight thurman, garcia, or brook before GGG neither one of them knows anything about boxing

Maybe they know Canelo is trying to conquer all the blown up welterweights before matching up with GGG :lol:

Man if canelo ggg doesnt happen this year i at least want to see one of them fight either spence or jacobs.

So you want to see a middleweight fight a welterweight in spence? We saw that a few weeks ago

Last edited:
So you want to see a middleweight fight a welterweight in spence?

Spence is a big welter and he's expressed interest in Canelo. I don't think he's big enough yet as far as name value. But I do expect them to cross paths in the next couple years. The fight will be huge at Cowboys stadium. Spence is based in Dallas and Canelo has fought in Texas plenty of times.

Last edited:
Spence is a big welter and he's expressed interest in Canelo. I don't think he's big enough yet as far as name value. But I do expect them to cross paths in the next couple years. The fight will be huge at Cowboys stadium. Spence is based in Dallas and Canelo has fought in Texas plenty of times.

Yea In a few years but not this year like dude said. Let spence get some names under his belt and fight some top ww in the division, before jumping up and having a high risk fight. Both are relatively young in the sport still.

Wouldn't mind seeing Jacobs challenge GGG next, like some of you are suggesting. Danny's fighting July 30th at Barclays against an undetermined opponent. Kinda hope it's not Alfonso Blanco. Jacobs has the power and certainly dismantled my boy "Kid Chocolate," but I think Golovkin would have no trouble winning a decision or late knockout. Jab is excellent and cuts off the ring too well.

Back
Top Bottom