OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

thoughts on guys returning from injuries like kelvin benjamin, jordy nelson? 

i always have trouble with choosing WR's in the mid-late 2nd to 3rd round. all these guys are about the same and i dont know who id choose over the other. how would you rank them?

Keenan allen

alshon jeffreys

marshalls

evans

cooks

jordy

cooks

cooper

watkins
I like brandon marshall, Alshon jeffrey, and Amari Cooper to have pretty good years.  Kevin white being back should take some pressure off of Jeffrey and I think Cooper has a pretty good connection with Carr.  With Brandon Marshall in a standard scoring league you can usually expect 10+ out of him each week.  He was the definition of consistency last year.  I think the Forte addition is going to give him more room to operate as well.

Last edited:

i always have trouble with choosing WR's in the mid-late 2nd to 3rd round. all these guys are about the same and i dont know who id choose over the other. how would you rank them?
Marshall
Cooks
Jeffery
Evans
Keenan allen
Cooper
jordy
watkins
I like all of those guys besides Jordy and Watkins. I re-ordered it from "best to worst" if you can say that :lol:.

How do I set a password for my league for friends to join on Yahoo? For the life of me I can't find the option anywhere, unless they got rid of it and instead use this unique URLs?

The biggest question is what to do with RB this year. 

Top dogs are either coming back from injury or have questions of usage. 

Who it everyones top 5 rbs?

Mine:

Gurley

AP

Bell(hurt/suspension)

JC(hurt/usage)

DJohnson(usage)

The biggest question is what to do with RB this year. 

Top dogs are either coming back from injury or have questions of usage. 

Who it everyones top 5 rbs?

Mine:

Gurley

AP

Bell(hurt/suspension)

JC(hurt/usage)

DJohnson(usage)
if im pick 8-12 its hard not to take an RB in the 1st rd even though id love to take one of the stud WRs. elliot is top 10 ranked but i hate taking him in the 1st rd

In a keeper league (auction draft) and now we keep two players. $200 budget. Pick 2:
Big Ben, $9
Julio, $47
Jamaal Charles, $51

Right now I have Ben and Julio as my keepers. Both are near locks for top 5 at their respective positions, and I'll still have a lot of money to play with, but its hard for me to let JC hit the market again. Especially given my struggles at RB when he went down. But I'm concerned about his injury history and KC going to a RBBC. But at the same time those factors could drive his final price down. Thoughts?

Last edited:
In a keeper league (auction draft) and now we keep two players. $200 budget. Pick 2:
Big Ben, $9
Julio, $47
Jamaal Charles, $51

Right now I have Ben and Julio as my keepers. Both are near locks for top 5 at their respective positions, and I'll still have a lot of money to play with, but its hard for me to let JC hit the market again. Especially given my struggles at RB when he went down. But I'm concerned about his injury history and KC going to a RBBC. But at the same time those factors could drive his final price down. Thoughts?
Julio no doubt. Charles probably won't even command that price tag this year. Ben for $9 isn't too bad but I'd look for a better value than that.

Last edited:
The two leagues I run are both PPR. One being an auction.

Took cooks in the 3rd or 4th last year.
Just doesn't pay out to give him a high round draft pick imo.

2nd year, could always emerge yes. But I'd rather take Landry in the 2nd. More catches, more yards, should be more TDs this year as well.

Could not disagree more. Barring injury which is an unforeseen thing

any open spots on a NT yahoo league?

looking to join 
nerd.gif

Got 5th pick in my 10 team PPR league. First 4 picks will be some order of Brown, Jones, Beckham, & Peterson/Hopkins.

Thinking of going with Hopkins or AJ Green. Thoughts?

Got 5th pick in my 10 team PPR league. First 4 picks will be some order of Brown, Jones, Beckham, & Peterson/Hopkins.

I like Hopkins over green, but apparently Hopkins is holding out. Hopkins gets a ridiculous amount of targets.

well i gotta have my 2 keepers locked in 2 days for my PPR league. this was my squad last year

View media item 2119871

im set on keeping antonio brown (i only lose a 3rd rounder) but im stuck on my 2nd keeper. here are the guys im considering and the round i lose in ()

julio jones (1st round)
gurley (5th round)
dion lewis (last round)
rawls (last round)

i feel like i can still get julio in the first round if i keep gurley. gurley's value is too hard to pass up. is that a chance i should take?

or should i just keep julio and perhaps go for zeke?

decisions, decisions...any help is appreciated

well i gotta have my 2 keepers locked in 2 days for my PPR league. this was my squad last year

im set on keeping antonio brown (i only lose a 3rd rounder) but im stuck on my 2nd keeper. here are the guys im considering and the round i lose in ()

julio jones (1st round)
gurley (5th round)
dion lewis (last round)
rawls (last round)

i feel like i can still get julio in the first round if i keep gurley. gurley's value is too hard to pass up. is that a chance i should take?

or should i just keep julio and perhaps go for zeke?

decisions, decisions...any help is appreciated
Where would you pick in the first round if you dont keep julio?  He has been going top 5 in PPR leagues.

we gotta lock in our keepers before the draft order is done
mean.gif
Initially I would say Julio then and load up everywhere else knowing you are getting two wide receivers you can start in a PPR league every week.  Running backs are such a crap shoot that if you load up on quality starters you are going to get a solid backfield.

But on the other hand you could probably take a Brandon marshall/alshon Jeffrey in the second round or possibly a dez/Hopkins combo in the first round and be set at receiver and just need another RB.

**** it, take gurley for the 5th round pick and load up receiver/receiver in the first two rounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: fx2

I hate V pic. After the top four I feel there is a drop off to AJ Green. I would rather have picked number 8 or 9 or 10 and start out with two of the three between Dez cooks and Amari Cooper

I hate V pic. After the top four I feel there is a drop off to AJ Green. I would rather have picked number 8 or 9 or 10 and start out with two of the three between Dez cooks and Amari Cooper

I got 8th the last 3 years so I'm alright with 5th :lol:

Guy picking 4th sounds like he's locked into Todd Gurley so I might play it safe with Hopkins.

Looking at LeSean McCoy or Keenan Allen in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
So what is the word on JC these days?

Is he all healed up? I havent heard much of anything on him.

we gotta lock in our keepers before the draft order is done :smh:

Initially I would say Julio then and load up everywhere else knowing you are getting two wide receivers you can start in a PPR league every week.  Running backs are such a crap shoot that if you load up on quality starters you are going to get a solid backfield.

But on the other hand you could probably take a Brandon marshall/alshon Jeffrey in the second round or possibly a dez/Hopkins combo in the first round and be set at receiver and just need another RB.

**** it, take gurley for the 5th round pick and load up receiver/receiver in the first two rounds.

All of this. I would have said keep Julio also but if you can hold onto your RB1 without having to attempt to draft him (whoever he may be if it isn't Gurley), you're in the clear.

Reactions: fx2

Marshall
Cooks
Jeffery
Evans
Keenan allen
Cooper
jordy
watkins
I like all of those guys besides Jordy and Watkins. I re-ordered it from "best to worst" if you can say that
laugh.gif
Personally, I love dudes like Nelson and Benjamin this year.

Back
Top Bottom