OFFICIAL 2016 @HEAT PLAYOFF THREAD

• initial on-ball defense 35-feet from basket to kill dribble and force pass
• strips ball in defensive paint to force turnover and start break
• first player down floor in transition for potential offensive rebound opportunity

15,3, and 2; decent match-up against Solomon Hill who was kept to 4

I liked what I saw from Winslow. His all around game showed. He played good defense, played within himself on offense, and was smart with the ball. Our other rookie, Josh Richardson, stood out on the defensive end. He was making a lot of plays by outplaying his opponent. If he gets a consistent shot he'll be a problem.

The 2nd year players were clearly the leaders on the team. Zoran was solid, Ennis did a bit of everything, and Tyler Johnson's athleticism was on full display. The whole team just seemed quicker and more athletic than the Pacers.

Miles Turner looked pretty good, but played as expected. Again he's a little awkward, but his shot is wet. A nice addition for Indiana.

:lol: i mean i knew there was a very slim chance of getting aldridge... but it is just funny to think we have a shot at getting anyone because of riley... lakers have hella cap room to sign anyone and no one would go? even with kobe having one more year on his contract? no one wants to be the face of the lakers?
anyways... have a great and safe 4th of july NT heat family

Still VERY uncomfortable with the shooting on this team. So much talent but we still need a pure shooter or two.

Belinelli?

So right now looking at

Whiteside/Birdman
Bosh/Mcbob/Haslem
Deng/Winslow/Ennis
Wade/Johnson
Dragic/Chalmers/Napier

Question marks all over the place on that bench.

Also hearing mutual interest between us and Louis Williams. Would have to be S&T.

Need depth at SG and another big.

I think people sleep on Zoki, I'd like to see him get consistent minutes off the bench. I also think that our shooting woes aren't as bad as advertised. We have very capable shooters, with McBob and Bosh back I think everyone else will shoot better percentages. a volume shooter could be useful but I don't think it's really all that necessary. if they get to build some chemistry then things will fall into place , there are no sub 30 percent shooters on the team, surely as the season comes along somebody'll take the niche of shooting more than not

As for Rio, Bird... the writings on the wall. Would like to hold on to Bird however but it doesn't look like it's going down like that.

I feel like Winslow has it. Real hoopers know other real ones when you see them. This kid is going to be [COLOR=#red]really[/COLOR] good.

Last edited:
^ I agree....Frank looked good for us but I think Justise has a chance to be special.

man we need t SCULPT our players into shooters instead of trying to buy some. these dudes have talent. It doesn't take long to develop a decent 3 pter. it really doesnt. any of you could do it within a month, and we actually have responsibilities outside of basketball. look at ibaka. he became a 3pt threat from the corner in ONE SUMMER. u telling me ibaka can do it, but wade, napier, tyler, ennis, chalmers, and justise cant? Put them boys up on the same 500 a day plan i said months and months ago. BY THIS TIME they'd all be nasty shooters from outside. But thats our training staffs fault and the players fault for deeming vacations in the bahamas and other places more important than their craft. theres no reason i should be able to beat wade in best of 10 from the 3pt line. they need to WORK and be willing to improve. and yall need to give them a chance instead of trying to auction off half the team all summer.

Finally checking out the Summer League squad. Winslow is impressive even without lighting up the score board. Crazy. We may need to look hard at giving Willie Reed a chance at a roster spot. Dude is hungry for sure.

man we need t SCULPT our players into shooters instead of trying to buy some. these dudes have talent. It doesn't take long to develop a decent 3 pter. it really doesnt. any of you could do it within a month, and we actually have responsibilities outside of basketball. look at ibaka. he became a 3pt threat from the corner in ONE SUMMER. u telling me ibaka can do it, but wade, napier, tyler, ennis, chalmers, and justise cant? Put them boys up on the same 500 a day plan i said months and months ago. BY THIS TIME they'd all be nasty shooters from outside. But thats our training staffs fault and the players fault for deeming vacations in the bahamas and other places more important than their craft. theres no reason i should be able to beat wade in best of 10 from the 3pt line. they need to WORK and be willing to improve. and yall need to give them a chance instead of trying to auction off half the team all summer.
So by what your saying every single.person the the NBA has the ability to be knock down shooters they just don't put the work in. That's not how it works man :lol: some people just don't have that skill set you don't think guys like wade have tried to add that to their game for years?

So by what your saying every single.person the the NBA has the ability to be knock down shooters they just don't put the work in. That's not how it works man :lol: some people just don't have that skill set you don't think guys like wade have tried to add that to their game for years?

No wade has not. I can say that with certainty. And no not EVERYONE can be a knockdown shooter. But that's physical limitations typically such as huge hands, t-rex arms, etc etc. Guards typically don't have that problem. The only guard that even comes to mind is Rondo. And you don't have to be knockdown... But at least have it in your repertoire. The people I named definitely have no excuse. That includes wade. His focus just isn't on improving his 3. But again, that's a combination of him and the training staff. They have the CAPABILITY to become decent/good 3pt shooters. It's up to them whether they work to achieve that potential

So can EVERYONE become nasty? No. But don't think all the nasty shooters were born with it either. Reggie, Ray, Steph, korver... These dudes shot countless times to get where they're at. Countless. You just gotta want it

Last edited:
I didn't like what I saw from Justise this 2nd game. His free throw shooting was suspect down the stretch and he looked like he wasn't pushing himself. There were a few times where he didn't get back on defense, which is inexcusable. The team shot terribly from 3 and James Ennis had a bad game.

On the flip side, that finish at the end was awesome.

Last edited:
I didn't like what I saw from Justise this 2nd game. His free throw shooting was suspect down the stretch and he looked like he wasn't pushing himself. There were a few times where he didn't get back on defense, which is inexcusable. The team shot terribly from 3 and James Ennis had a bad game.

On the flip side, that finish at the end was awesome.

the boy tyler johnson.
pimp.gif

Didn't see the game, but Ennis has got to do better... Sophomores who can't hang in summer league are red alarms. His handle doesn't seem to have gotten much better and he is playing too out of control.

Winslow, I think he'll be fine. His shooting stroke will be there at times but he's a smart player and knows how to effect the game in more than one way. I know it's his game, but he's going to play a little less off-ball and demand the ball more. He might get to play like that when he's got Wade and etc. to depend on but he needs to know when to press, look forward to his game tomorrow vs. Stanley. Hopefully he takes it personal.

Didn't see the game, but Ennis has got to do better... Sophomores who can't hang in summer league are red alarms. His handle doesn't seem to have gotten much better and he is playing too out of control.

Winslow, I think he'll be fine. His shooting stroke will be there at times but he's a smart player and knows how to effect the game in more than one way. I know it's his game, but he's going to play a little less off-ball and demand the ball more. He might get to play like that when he's got Wade and etc. to depend on but he needs to know when to press, look forward to his game tomorrow vs. Stanley. Hopefully he takes it personal.
dude still aint got his handles up even after working since the beginning of summer? better call up dribble2much like kd did or something. like i said in the other post, some dudes just dont want it. hate to use him as an example, but lebron improves something hes weak on EVERY summer. thats work ethic. kobe did too when he still had weaknesses. u know ur handles r suspect? WORK. tyler always plays like he wants more minutes and to be an integral part of the team. i REALLY like his fit on our team

I don't know if its the summer league setting, but he seems to be going through the motions. This isn't necessarily a terrible thing because he's still putting up decent numbers, but still I want to see him ball out and take over.

I hate to admit it, but Stanley Johnson has looked more impressive in his first two outings in summer league. As shown below...

Stanly is the clear best player on his squad and he seems to have a really high motor. He's rebounding against the big boys, making plays for his teammates, and scoring in multiple ways.

I hope to see a better performance from Winslow tonight against Detroit. It should be a good showdown.

I think Winslow is playing hard, he just isn't a rah rah type of guy. That sometimes comes off as not pushing yourself. But when you look up, he has 17-4-3, all in the flow of the game. He has terrific active hands, never gets sped up and is always under control. I'm liking what I'm seeing from him so far. He's looking more like a kid that can come in right away and contribute.

Stanley Johnson is the exact opposite. He's a loud-mouth Rasheed Wallace type. Clapping his hands on defense, screaming "and-one"...you know the type. It's all good I guess, whatever helps you play with intensity. But he's sometimes out of control as evidenced by the many times he got ripped by Winslow today.

Last edited:
I think Winslow is playing hard, he just isn't a rah rah type of guy. That sometimes comes off as not pushing yourself. But when you look up, he has 17-4-3, all in the flow of the game. He has terrific active hands, never gets sped up and is always under control. I'm liking what I'm seeing from him so far. He's looking more like a kid that can come in right away and contribute.

Stanley Johnson is the exact opposite. He's a loud-mouth Rasheed Wallace type. Clapping his hands on defense, screaming "and-one"...you know the type. It's all good I guess, whatever helps you play with intensity. But he's sometimes out of control as evidenced by the many times he got ripped by Winslow today.

Winslow had a better effort today, but last game he didn't put forth consistent effort. I watched the game twice and on two occasions he didn't get back on defense and was a bit passive on the offensive end. Today he was a lot more aggressive and put his stamp on the game. He really needs to work on his jumper though because he missed a lot of in rhythm shots. 5 for 15 for 17 points is not gonna cut it, but still a solid overall game. He led the team to a nice win.

As for Stanley, I wouldn't put him no where near Rasheed Wallace in terms of disposition. More like Kevin Garnett, :lol:. But overall he shot the ball very well... 4 of 5 with 14 points is pretty good considering he didn't play much because of foul trouble.

I'm glad we got the win tho.

Let's go Heat.

Spot on.

I can't help but to see some James Harden in him. Not flashy, but very strong with the ball and has a knack for drawing contact while attacking the basket. Also, a good playmaker with vision and the ability to find the open man when the defense collapses.

Last edited:
I like the fact that Winslow doesn't have tunnel vision even when he drives. He doesn't overcommit when going to the lane, and looks for his teammates for the assist. An important tendency for such a young player. 

Nice finish by Tyler 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom