OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

658x426.jpeg.124bd1b1557a43f4afe49658665cd44d

Phelps coming in 2nd. Fully expect him to get Gold though.

Just the semi.. I expect at least a 1.5 second drop

He was 1:52.94 at summer nationals last year

And 1:53.01 in London when he wasnt really training that hard.. And 4 IM and 2fly are probably the 2 worst events to swim if you're not in top shape cause you'll die hard and he swam both (came 4th in 4IM and barely 2nd in 2fly)

Last edited:
Lmaoo

Le Clos

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'd love a Olympics filled with mediocre athletes/average dudes 
laugh.gif
 just office guys in their 40-50's way past their prime but are still in good enough shape to compete 
laugh.gif

Man there is nothing more awkward than watching someone **** up and not being able to life the weights in weightlifting.

Wow this Colombian guy about to make me cry 
frown.gif
 Dude recovered from back surgery for his fourth olympics to finally win gold in weightlifting took of his shoes and retired on the spot...props to him.

5255.jpg

Vid of his lift that won him gold and retirement.

Last edited:
Man there is nothing more awkward than watching someone **** up and not being able to life the weights in weightlifting.

Chinese coach tries not to choke his student

He told the manager aka waterboy to ****

I was like :wow:

Wow this Colombian guy about to make me cry :frown:  Dude recovered from back surgery for his fourth olympics to finally win gold in weightlifting took of his shoes and retired on the spot...props to him.

5255.jpg

Vid of his lift that won him gold and retirement.

They cuttin onions up in here!

WHEW

I wish the lifeguard would blow their whistles and yell at the swimmers for hanging on the lane lines after they finish their races :rolleyes

man what happened to my girl Missy Franklin?!?! :frown:

Missy ain't going come anywhere near an individual medal at these games..

She qualified 2nd to ledecky in the 2free.. and barely came 2nd in the 2back

Missy Franklin fell off hard what happened?

With missy, people just got better in certain events (the 100 and 200 free)..she went to the wrong program for college.. She always had bad starts and underwaters, but she was that much better at everything else for the 100 and 200 backs

Then she had back injuries.. And didn't go to a program that could work on her weaknesses

In high school and college swimming in the US, you're forced to have strong starts and underwaters (but especially in fly and back) because it's 25 yards and you can still use dolphin underwater kicks for 15 meters (which is debatably the fastest 'stroke')

Instead of cal's women's head coach working on those things, she didn't even swim the backstroke events.. She swam IM and free

Phelps' turn on that men's 4x100 relay :x

this is a prefect example for those not that familiar with swimming of missy's biggest problem..

her starts, turns and underwater dolphin kicks are so poor, everyone basically does to her what phelps did

Last edited:
I mess with Sun Yang. If you're gonna be an a-hole, you better win. :smokin

Last edited:
No thing..

But injuries and poor decisions killed her

Probably shouldnt have gone to college and should have turned pro early like phelps.. But even still the benefit of college should have been working on her biggest weaknesses because of how important they are in that format

But her college coach didn't even really have her swimming her best events, 100 and 200 back

Even though phelps went pro early, when his coach took over at a college gig (michagen in the past and then Arizona state recently), phelps went with him

She's regressed in everything.. She has the 200 back word record, but that don't mean ish cause she won't be anywhere near it.. Let alone the medals

While I say all of that negatively about missy going to college at cal.. I actually think it could be a great move for ledecky going to Stanford

She'll be training with sprinters currently on the US women's team (so she can work on her speed work against world class talent).. She can improve her turns because the distance events in college (short course yards) have a crap load of turns so you better be good at them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom